If the choice of DC came down to Campo and Bowles...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal;1345056 said:
Thank you - what he said.

Also - something I was thinking about while working/driving today. I actually think that it is possible that after his injury, Greg Ellis will be better suited at LBer than DE. I think that his ability to pass rush with his reduced speed/damaged ankle will make it harder from the 3-point stance at the 7 gap than it will from 2 point at the 9 gap.

Well you also have to consider his coverage responsibilities as a LB.

I think we need to start getting Greg's replacement ready, whether he is on the team now or we need to get someone to replace him.

He is getting older and achilles injuries are no joke.

I have to wonder about Hatcher if he was playing a 4-3 lineup...not sure if they have considered him for gregs spot in the 3-4.

I think there is a great deal of potential in Hatcher.

superpunk

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1345045 said:
See my other post Brilliant One. It isn't a matter of having enough linebackers, it's having the linebackers to fit the scheme. Burnett and Carp would be great sams, based on their size and quickness. Ayodele would be a decent MLB, I think that's what he played in TN, that or SLB. But he isn't as quick as what we are used to having at MLB in the 4-3. And we have no solution at Will - James has proven that he can't play, and after that we don't have anyone.

So I stand by it - no, we don't have the linebackers.
I agree we don't have them, but IMO the biggest problem would be filling the MLB spot. We don't have anyone with that range or speed. I think Ware could play Will, of course, I think Ware could play LT if we asked him to. ;) Might not be the best use of his talent, but I think he could do it.

superpunk

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1345060 said:
I think there is a great deal of potential in Hatcher.

Parcells said he was one of those rare guys who could play both systems.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1345061 said:
I agree we don't have them, but IMO the biggest problem would be filling the MLB spot. We don't have anyone with that range or speed. I think Ware could play Will, of course, I think Ware could play LT if we asked him to. ;) Might not be the best use of his talent, but I think he could do it.

He probably could...but it would be almost stupid...no not almost..it WOULD be stupid to move your best speed rusher, by far, to that position IMO.

One of the main reasons we switched to the 3-4 is because of problems in the past of getting a good speed rushing DE...now that we finally have one (de or olb) no use to change him over.

If we did move to the 4-3 Ware needs to stay at DE.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1345066 said:
He probably could...but it would be almost stupid...no not almost..it WOULD be stupid to move your best speed rusher, by far, to that position IMO.

One of the main reasons we switched to the 3-4 is because of problems in the past of getting a good speed rushing DE...now that we finally have one (de or olb) no use to change him over.

If we did move to the 4-3 Ware needs to stay at DE.

Seconded - Ware would be our weakside end - he would have to be. He's the only player we've had that would have the potential for that anyway.