If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl...

superpunk

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Was this thread done before?

I don't know whether it was or not. I don't spend every waking minute on this forum.

And therein lies the problem with "I'm tired of these thread" posts.

It assumes that everyone who comes here spends every waking moment looking at every thread. Sometimes, so many threads are created that they quickly move off the first page. And I don't have time to read every thread.

At any rate, if I broke some rule or something forgive me.

I consider myself a respectful poster so I don't really read the rules because I don't think I'll be violating any.

I can't even remember what the thread was about. (checks OP....) Ah, I dunno, you may have a new angle, looking at next year, but there are plenty of "Can we cut TO" threads. People are free to say they think a thread is stupid, if they want. I don't think it's a stupid thread, but I don't think we're at the jumping off point where we even have to worry about that either.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
and TO has a monster season and monster game, do we release him?
This assumes he's the same brash, team-meeting ducking, I don't like training camp type player.

Yes or no?

(P.S., where's the poll option?)

Oh yeah, that's it... Pull another JJ move ala Jimmy Johnson... we finally get back and WIN another SB and then we decide if we should dump a guy that contributed to getting there and winning it.... VERY LOGICAL!! :rolleyes:

JJ clearly said (on MNF) TO is here because he wants to win and that he regrets not drafting Moss... TO is staying ESPECIALLY "If" we win that SB...

Think of our next Three-fer.... 3 SB's w/ TO

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Oh yeah, that's it... Pull another JJ move ala Jimmy Johnson... we finally get back and WIN another SB and then we decide if we should dump a guy that contributed to getting there and winning it.... VERY LOGICAL!! :rolleyes:

JJ clearly said (on MNF) TO is here because he wants to win and that he regrets not drafting Moss... TO is staying ESPECIALLY "If" we win that SB...

Think of our next Three-fer.... 3 SB's w/ TO

Dallas can't win without TO? I don't expect TO is going any where this season but if things continue you don't think TO could ever be replaced?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
and TO has a monster season and monster game, do we release him?
This assumes he's the same brash, team-meeting ducking, I don't like training camp type player.

Yes or no?

(P.S., where's the poll option?)

why wait release him now :)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Dallas can't win without TO? I don't expect TO is going any where this season but if things continue you don't think TO could ever be replaced?

Dallas CANT win the BIG one without TO. For the love of all thats chocolate we havent won a playoff game in 10 years...

How did that replacing Michael Irvin go??? led to multiple avenues.... none good.... then we cam to T.O. Avenue

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Dallas CANT win the BIG one without TO. For the love of all thats chocolate we havent won a playoff game in 10 years...

How did that replacing Michael Irvin go??? led to multiple avenues.... none good.... then we cam to T.O. Avenue

Who also has no rings, having him does not ensure winning a title. I think with or without TO on this team we do have some weapons and a defense that I feel can shut teams down and can win games. No doubt TO would make the offense a bigger threat but yes I think this team can win with or without him and I hope the players understand that better than you.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Who also has no rings, having him does not ensure winning a title. I think with or without TO on this team we do have some weapons and a defense that I feel can shut teams down and can win games. No doubt TO would make the offense a bigger threat but yes I think this team can win with or without him and I hope the players understand that better than you.

I know he doesnt have any rings... but he was brought in to Philly to get to SB and win it... IMO he did his part... he gave them a swagger, a threat and he did his part in SB.... so he is needed.... thats why JERRY got him.... Jerry understands that I hope you do eventually.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick said:
I know he doesnt have any rings... but he was brought in to Philly to get to SB and win it... IMO he did his part... he gave them a swagger, a threat and he did his part in SB.... so he is needed.... thats why JERRY got him.... Jerry understands that I hope you do eventually.

They played the entire playoffs without him and made it to the Super Bowl. As for swagger? Philly was not running short of that even before TO got there Philly already had a lot of that. When Philly players were asked could they win without TO before those playoffs they felt they could and I think this team can as well. I don't see us so dependant on TO that he controls our season, if we are nothing more than a 1 player team then that does not say much about this team

braw

Reaction score
The guy is a 32 yr old Wr, who counts on speed and power. He is not a precision route runner but a physical player; who will in a yr or 2 lose a step. Time to draft a young wr and let or 30 something wr be the bridge to the future.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
braw said:
The guy is a 32 yr old Wr, who counts on speed and power. He is not a precision route runner but a physical player; who will in a yr or 2 lose a step. Time to draft a young wr and let or 30 something wr be the bridge to the future.

I agree, both TO and Glenn are in their 30's and hopefully over the next year or 2 we will see Dallas bring in top college players in the draft.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
They played the entire playoffs without him and made it to the Super Bowl. As for swagger? Philly was not running short of that even before TO got there Philly already had a lot of that. When Philly players were asked could they win without TO before those playoffs they felt they could and I think this team can as well. I don't see us so dependant on TO that he controls our season, if we are nothing more than a 1 player team then that does not say much about this team

TO did give Philly a swagger... and not every teammate was happy about an unhealthy TO...

Who said anything about TO controlling the season? I would rather go through playoffs with him playing for us and not the competition..... in playoffs its very hard to win and advance(loser go home)... without TO we are a "loser go home team" in playoffs.... wait what am I saying... we dont even know what the playoffs look like...

like it or not... we need him, BP needs him and TO needs BP.... without TO we have Glenn that doesnt always make through regular season.... how can we win without any threats at WR? Get real will ya... :p:

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
superpunk said:
I think you can be tired of a thread, and still post about being tired of them, in an effort to make them stop.

I don't think a rule has been made against that yet.
CO SIGN