If the NFL expanded...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
32 is the perfect size for the league.

Now, I can see manipulating those 32 teams by moving some around, if they are not working in their current markets. However, I just don't see the need or even the reason to add one more team.

But, if you ask what cities might do well with pro football, that currently don't have a team............San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Portland, Las Vegas, and possibly Lincoln (I could see this one being like Green Bay, where the entire state supports the team, plus all they have right now is some not so good Cornhusker football....I think pro football would definitely thrive up there)

As far as LA goes.....NO. They have had 2 teams and did not support them. The people there are too busy and have too much other stuff to keep them occupied. Besides, they have their team, the USC Trojans.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I would be very leary of expansion considering that Dallas might be moved out of the East.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
If expansion ever were to happen we are talking about must add 8 new teams. Either 2 new divisions, or 1 more team per division. Don't think 1 would be sufficient.

StylisticS

Reaction score
DoomsDayD;2306810 said:
I would be very leary of expansion considering that Dallas might be moved out of the East.
I don't think they'll ever move Dallas out of the east. You don't have to worry about that. It would be a crime if that happened.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
Honolulu, Hawaii...................
Help a brother out here, throw me a bone...................

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
lewpac;2306884 said:
Honolulu, Hawaii...................
Help a brother out here, throw me a bone...................

Antartica:D And I don't want them building no domed stadium either, open air only........then we will see real football :lmao2:

Tobal

Reaction score
Southern Cal is where the league wants a team.... OKC got the NBA be happy no way they can support an NFL team.

Vegas is just asking fro trouble

SA would be 2nd on the list, but seems like between, Longhorns, Cowboys, Texans and Aggies it might be a stretch.

Saints will leave it's just a matter of timing

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist;2306526 said:
The league has reached a perfect equilibrium with an equal number of teams in each division and a balanced playoff system...I see no reason to throw it all out of whack by adding an oddball team. I doubt that the NFL sees any reason to do so either since they are the most popular sport in our country.

I can see only one change that makes any sense and that is to let the number four seed be vulnerable to a Wild Card with a BETTER (not equal with a tie breaker advantage but BETTER) record knock them out of the playoffs. That is tweaking a near perfect system but it would make it a little more interesting down the stretch for a lot of teams.

Great post!

We could use a realignment.

NFC East DalNYPhi Wash
North G.B. Min Det Chi
South Car Atl T.B. Stl
West Sea Phe S.F. L.A. Saints
AFC East N.E. N.Y. Buf Bal Ravens
North Pit Cle Cin Ind Colts
South Ten Jac Hou Mia Dolphins
West S.D. Den Oak K.C.

OR

NorthEast Buf N.E. N.Y. N.Y.
East Coast Phi Bal Was Car
SouthEast Mia T.B. Jac Atl
North G.B Chi Min Det
Central Pit Cle Cin Ind
MidWest K.C. Stl Ten N.O.
SouthWest Dal Phe Hou Den
Pacific S.D S.F. Oak Sea

MONT17

Reaction score
It would be nice to get rid of the 2 conference and just go 8 divisions and try to have the 2 best teams meet in the super bowl. From 92 to 94 the superbowl would have been cowboys 9ers. maybe the legacy of the team of the 90s would be even greater! Pats v colts in recent years would have replaced colts v bears a true super bowl classic let down!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2307017 said:
Great post!

We could use a realignment.

NFC East DalNYPhi Wash
North G.B. Min Det Chi
South Car Atl T.B. Stl
West Sea Phe S.F. L.A. Saints
AFC East N.E. N.Y. Buf Bal Ravens
North Pit Cle Cin Ind Colts
South Ten Jac Hou Mia Dolphins
West S.D. Den Oak K.C.

OR

NorthEast Buf N.E. N.Y. N.Y.
East Coast Phi Bal Was Car
SouthEast Mia T.B. Jac Atl
North G.B Chi Min Det
Central Pit Cle Cin Ind
MidWest K.C. Stl Ten N.O.
SouthWest Dal Phe Hou Den
Pacific S.D S.F. Oak Sea

What if they did it Eastern Conference vs Western Conference?

EAST
NYG, NYJ, Buff, NE
Wash, Balt, Philly, Pitt
Miami, TB, Jax, Atlanta
Carolina, Cincy, Cleveland, Indy

WEST
Chicago, GB, Detroit, Minnesota
Dallas, Houston, NO, Tennessee
KC, St Louis, Denver, Arizona
Seattle, SF, Oakland, SD

Now just know, I dont want to change anything....just showing how I think it would look if they went like the NBA or NHL with the East vs West Conferences.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The thing about the NFL is that they don't wan to mess up their rivalries. That's the problem with the NBA. There is no rivalries like you will see in the NFL or MLB.

I highly doubt that the NFC East, NFC North, and AFC West would change. I also doubt they split up Miami and the New York Jets.