If the Patriots are interested in QBs and they have Brady, why don't we?

Pokes12

Reaction score
The most dynamic QB I've ever seen at the collegiate level was Mike Vick. Injuries severely limited his game and career success in the NFL. Now, JM is a better passer but his game does rely on his feet. Size, durability, & longevity are legitimate questions to consider.

Fair point. If you look at QBs who rely on their feet, injuries and durability are incredibly important. Mike Vick, RGIII, are perfect examples, Tony to a lesser extent. He is not a runner, but he uses his feet to make up for the hideous play of his offensive line and has now suffered physically for it. That concern does raise its head with John Manziel, (time to grow up and stop calling yourself Johnny). He is the type of player that is one play away from a career ending injury. That is the problem with running QBs, what they do best is also the most dangerous to their careers. But then you find someone like Fran Tarkenton who was able to have a long career and be a running quarterback and you think JM could do it as well. There is something of an intangible with JM which intrigues me. It is not always the most gifter athletes that win, its the athlete that can lead and make others believe that they can win that win. Who was better at that than Roger? If truth be told Roger was never a great passer but he was the greatest at convincing his team and the enemy that he would prevail. And usually he did. My favorite, Don Meredith had a lot more in the passing skills department but could not win when it counted.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm quickly warming up to Taj Boyd too. I would also easily prefer him over any sniff of Murray. Taj can be had in the later rounds where it doesn't impact our defensive focus in the draft.

That said, I still think you go get Johnny F if the possibility is there.

Problem is, he doesn't make our defense any better. He'll be gone in the first round, and our defense absolutely needs an infusion of first round talent.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Problem is, he doesn't make our defense any better. He'll be gone in the first round, and our defense absolutely needs an infusion of first round talent.

We need a Manziel ignore button. It would automatically ignore all posters that think the Cowboys should or will draft Manziel at 16.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The most dynamic QB I've ever seen at the collegiate level was Mike Vick. Injuries severely limited his game and career success in the NFL. Now, JM is a better passer but his game does rely on his feet. Size, durability, & longevity are legitimate questions to consider.
Also...
Coming out of college, Mike Vick could run backwards and beat Manziel in the 40. Furthermore, Vicks arm strength was an "A" and Manziel's is maybe a "B-" or at best a "B"