If the Patriots are interested in QBs and they have Brady, why don't we?

XxTDxX

Reaction score
They win every year. Their system works.

They have the best QB in the league, coupled with an extremely weak division. The Pats are a great team but if I was to take anything from the strategy wise and give it to the Cowboys it would be their aggression especially with trades. As soon as a talented guy is made available for whatever reason they are willing to ship a late round pick for the guy.. I would like to have had Randy Moss/Aqib Talib etc etc. Drafting is not there strong suit.

jnday

Reaction score
They have the best QB in the league, coupled with an extremely weak division. The Pats are a great team but if I was to take anything from the strategy wise and give it to the Cowboys it would be their aggression especially with trades. As soon as a talented guy is made available for whatever reason they are willing to ship a late round pick for the guy.. I would like to have had Randy Moss/Aqib Talib etc etc. Drafting is not there strong suit.

Even when Brady was injured, they won. I give them credit, they are an extremely well run team that wins year after year. They lose players, they win. Players injured, they win. You don't read about a ton of excuses from them. I dislike them, but I have to respect them. They gave the best coach in the NFL.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
What about Murray?? If I can't have JFB Murray is the perfect consolation prize

I watched Murray closely and do like his game but I also saw moments where the consistency just wasn't there. I wouldn't be upset over a Murray pick but would prefer McCarron over him?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I watched Murray closely and do like his game but I also saw moments where the consistency just wasn't there. I wouldn't be upset over a Murray pick but would prefer McCarron over him?

I'd rather take Tajh Boyd. Late round guy, good character, can make the NFL throws, and can make plays with his feet.

Perfect type to step in like Russell Wilson or Joe Flacco and really be that "bus driver" style quarterback who isn't asked to do too much.

jnday

Reaction score
So how does the fact we bring in QBs every year and looking at alot this year say then, you have a agenda?

The QBs that Dallas brings in are nothing more than camp arms. The last QB that I remember being reported that Dallas had serious interest in was Dalton and that interest has been disputed. If there are more, please share.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
So how does the fact we bring in QBs every year and looking at alot this year say then, you have a agenda?

Simple yet again, when you are drafting in the late teens year after year it is the perfect area to try and trade down. Something Jerry is known for doing. Also, how many of those QBs we bring in every year have we drafted? Looking and doing/drafting are two different things.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Drafting a franchise quarterback is different from drafting a mid first or second rounder who is more likely not going to save the franchise but instead be a utility infielder for his career, see Sam Bradford, David Carr, Ryan Mallet, Jay Fiedler, even Jay Cutler. Rarelly does the SB winner win with a utility infielder calling the plays, although it does happen from time to time, see Trent Dilfer. There is a reason most SBs end up pairing Manning against Wilson and Manning against Brady, because they are elite and elite quarterbacks lead elite teams to championships.

The question is .....drum roll...........does this draft have an elite QB?

My answer is yes, and it is Johnny Football. He is a once in a decade player that can play in the NFL of the 2015s and beyond.

Go Get 'em, Jerruh!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Actually, I think if you read the reports the Cowboys have shown interest in about 12 QBs. So it would seem to me that we are, whether we know the Patriots are or aren't is irrelevant. Do I think we will go QB in round 1? No, and I don't think they will either.

I agree. Cowboys have brought in QB. I think some just like making a bigger deal out of things than need be. Attacking the Cowboys is what some do but fact is Dallas has worked out QB as they get ready for the draft.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

Yes I believe Murray has more upside. He really has great ball placement and the dude hangs in the pocket. He's going to be a good one

Pokes12

Reaction score
Murray is not elite, he is not even in the mix when it comes to passers who have a chance to make it at the next level. Do you really compare him to Troy? or even to Tony?

Pokes12

Reaction score
From ESPN Draft....."Murray likewise understands that he could be the ninth quarterback taken and could fall into the fourth or fifth round." This is an iffy qb at best and that was before he wrecked his knee.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'd rather take Tajh Boyd. Late round guy, good character, can make the NFL throws, and can make plays with his feet.

Perfect type to step in like Russell Wilson or Joe Flacco and really be that "bus driver" style quarterback who isn't asked to do too much.

I'm quickly warming up to Taj Boyd too. I would also easily prefer him over any sniff of Murray. Taj can be had in the later rounds where it doesn't impact our defensive focus in the draft.

That said, I still think you go get Johnny F if the possibility is there.

NumOneQB

Reaction score

McCarron is another Matt Leinart, IMO. His entire collegiate career he wasn't asked to do a whole lot, threw at WRs who consistently beat DB's 3-5yds, had an OL in front of him with 3 potential starting NFL lineman, and a Heisman caliber RB behind him.

Pokes12

Reaction score
McCarron is another Matt Leinart, IMO. His entire collegiate career he wasn't asked to do a whole lot, threw at WRs who consistently beat DB's 3-5yds, had an OL in front of him with 3 potential starting NFL lineman, and a Heisman caliber RB behind him.

You are correct about McCarron. He is a bus driver on a Greyhound Bus with a hemi engine. He will be fortunate to carry a clipboard for a few years before he is selling used cars in Buloxi. Murray, same thing, except he will be in Peoria.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Drafting a franchise quarterback is different from drafting a mid first or second rounder who is more likely not going to save the franchise but instead be a utility infielder for his career, see Sam Bradford, David Carr, Ryan Mallet, Jay Fiedler, even Jay Cutler. Rarelly does the SB winner win with a utility infielder calling the plays, although it does happen from time to time, see Trent Dilfer. There is a reason most SBs end up pairing Manning against Wilson and Manning against Brady, because they are elite and elite quarterbacks lead elite teams to championships.

The question is .....drum roll...........does this draft have an elite QB?

My answer is yes, and it is Johnny Football. He is a once in a decade player that can play in the NFL of the 2015s and beyond.

Go Get 'em, Jerruh!!!

The most dynamic QB I've ever seen at the collegiate level was Mike Vick. Injuries severely limited his game and career success in the NFL. Now, JM is a better passer but his game does rely on his feet. Size, durability, & longevity are legitimate questions to consider.