If the Patriots are interested in QBs and they have Brady, why don't we?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think many of us would be happy to have the success that the Pats have has over the last few years instead of the trend the current team is in.

Ultimate team success is measured in Super Bowl trophies. Their last one was 10 years ago and that is with the great Billecheat and Brady. Complain about what we have done the last 10 years all you want. But NE has had those 2 HOFers and still can't win another championship and lost 2 chances to Eli.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Ultimate team success is measured in Super Bowl trophies. Their last one was 10 years ago and that is with the great Billecheat and Brady. Complain about what we have done the last 10 years all you want. But NE has had those 2 HOFers and still can't win another championship and lost 2 chances to Eli.

7eee52514a1ef7ace4e924c983ad243101fdba149d4aa358992ca048645c8f2a.jpg

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
It's actually kind of funny that people here are bagging on a team like the Pats that are consistently in the playoffs. I'd really love the Cowboys to be in the playoffs as often as they are. You have to get there to be in the SB right? They seem to have the right formula. And I'd love to have a great HC like Bill.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Pshhh...

We have Weeden and Orton...no need to groom a young, promising quarterback who could learn from veteran Tony Romo and one day take the reigns...

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Pshhh...

We have Weeden and Orton...no need to groom a young, promising quarterback who could learn from veteran Tony Romo and one day take the reigns...

I think BP hurt JJ by his reluctance to draft and play young QBs. It took Bledsoe imploding for BP to finally pull the hook on "his" guy. Like we didn't learn what it was like playing a 37 yr old QB without a future plan. I fear we are headed down those days again.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I think BP hurt JJ by his reluctance to draft and play young QBs. It took Bledsoe imploding for BP to finally pull the hook on "his" guy. Like we didn't learn what it was like playing a 37 yr old QB without a future plan. I fear we are headed down those days again.

I feel as if Jerry has always had a "we can win now" attitude which prompts him to go after guys like Testaverde, Bledsoe, Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Roy Williams (WR), Joey Galloway, etc. Unfortunately, no team is really ever "1 player away" the exception being Deion Sanders when he went to both the 49ers and Cowboys, same goes for Reggie White to a smaller extent.

I doubt we'll ever truly be in "rebuild mode" while Jerry is around.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I feel as if Jerry has always had a "we can win now" attitude which prompts him to go after guys like Testaverde, Bledsoe, Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Roy Williams (WR), Joey Galloway, etc. Unfortunately, no team is really ever "1 player away" the exception being Deion Sanders when he went to both the 49ers and Cowboys, same goes for Reggie White to a smaller extent.

I doubt we'll ever truly be in "rebuild mode" while Jerry is around.

It's sad that a guy who won SBs with the first overall QB has put such little stock in the position. They lucked into Romo. Other the. Drafting QC who imploded his own career JJ just doesn't see the need for a backup plan. No pun intended

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Dallas lands the injured QB Murray and DE Easley late with dynamic Tard ups in the 3rd and 4th Grade.

biglebow1.jpg

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
It's sad that a guy who won SBs with the first overall QB has put such little stock in the position. They lucked into Romo. Other the. Drafting QC who imploded his own career JJ just doesn't see the need for a backup plan. No pun intended

I can almost see it now...

Romo is retired or no longer effective...Jerry will have a chance to draft a 1st round QB, but instead will dish out a boat load of money to an aging free agent (who was cut to make room for their teams new QB) such as Kaepernick or Rivers in order to "not miss a beat".

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Dallas lands the injured QB Murray and DE Easley late with dynamic Tard ups in the 3rd and 4th Grade.

biglebow1.jpg

So Dallas should stay away from 2 prospects who were highly rated before injury? They were both considered first rd talents. I would be thrilled if Dallas was able to land both those guys in the 4th/5th rd.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I can almost see it now...

Romo is retired or no longer effective...Jerry will have a chance to draft a 1st round QB, but instead will dish out a boat load of money to an aging free agent (who was cut to make room for their teams new QB) such as Kaepernick or Rivers in order to "not miss a beat".
I fear it will be a Matt Barkley/Mark Sanchez type.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
So Dallas should stay away from 2 prospects who were highly rated before injury? They were both considered first rd talents. I would be thrilled if Dallas was able to land both those guys in the 4th/5th rd.
me too...just highly unlikely..you're right those two were 1st round locks

jnday

Reaction score

If you listen to some of this crowd , Ware and Witten are HOF caliber players. I guess that don't count. They couldn't get to the playoffs. Looking at it that way makes things look even worse.

XxTDxX

Reaction score
If you look at the patriots drafts the last 10 years and exclude the Gronkowski year they have had a lot of baddddd draft classes.. The Patriots have built a lot of their best teams through free agency and smart trades. They would not be the team I would want to pattern my drafting habits after.

jnday

Reaction score
If you look at the patriots drafts the last 10 years and exclude the Gronkowski year they have had a lot of baddddd draft classes.. The Patriots have built a lot of their best teams through free agency and smart trades. They would not be the team I would want to pattern my drafting habits after.

They win every year. Their system works. As Cowboy fans, we have no room to talk bad about how they run their team. The results are much better than the Cowboys.