If the team is all in for a SB run

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I do not really know.

I see what is done but not sure what is possible.

We saw the Rams sign a ton of guys..

some like Suh..

and they helped them and released them.

So just asking the brain trust here at the forum...

What up with that?

By all in do you mean mortgaging the future for a one year run?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I don’t think people understand how a Super Bowl run actually works. It’s not a one year proposition.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
not hating this assessment, i would have liked a better S, not ET tho.

Yeah. Iloka is not much of an upgrade over Heath, and Iloka, Heath, and Frazier are all free agents next year. Even if we hit on a draft pick, we would only have Woods and a draft pick locked up for 2020.

Safety market was pretty expensive this summer but there were some opportunities out there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t think people understand how a Super Bowl run actually works. It’s not a one year proposition.
You nailed it. It’s about staying in contention for 3-5 years. You don’t do that by selling out for one year.

Most simply don’t get it.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
23 years it took for them to figure out how to manage the cap and draft. How many more till they figure out puppets don’t work for a Hc?

I think this is JGs last stand. I really do. Jerry is getting old and likely desperate to win before he vacates this world.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think this is JGs last stand. I really do. Jerry is getting old and likely desperate to win before he vacates this world.

We can only hope. But unless we get some big injuries, I expect this team to have another solid year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why are we not just waiting this year to save our cap..

and go sign 3-4 FAs at positions of need on 1 year deals?

There might be a couple, at best, FAs still walking the streets that would be worth much.

And there is zero reason to even think about them until after the draft.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
There might be a couple, at best, FAs still walking the streets that would be worth much.

And there is zero reason to even think about them until after the draft.
Understood.

Earlier today posted the Dez thread.

He would be one for sure.

And I would be really surprised to see any rookie WR over Dez if Dez can play.

Cooper-Gallup-Dez-Witten?

Who would have better than that.?

When I asked earlier today about finding more players we could sign to 1 year deals..

I searched and found Dez is starting his comeback.

Maybe.

I would be extremely excited if this happened

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Understood.

Earlier today posted the Dez thread.

He would be one for sure.

And I would be really surprised to see any rookie WR over Dez if Dez can play.

Cooper-Gallup-Dez-Witten?

Who would have better than that.?

When I asked earlier today about finding more players we could sign to 1 year deals..

I searched and found Dez is starting his comeback.

Maybe.

I would be extremely excited if this happened
Still pining away for Bryant?

Wow.

The guy will be lucky if he ever plays for anyone ever again.

Sometimes, what you think a player is does not match from what the reality plays out.

Teams are not waiting patiently for his Achille's to heal.

He will need to come out and prove himself all over again.

And a return to Dallas is so incredibly bad, I can't even get into the reason why it is so bad.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why are we not just waiting this year to save our cap..

and go sign 3-4 FAs at positions of need on 1 year deals?

We can do the same contract increases next year.

Nobodies contracts are ending in 2019.

Buy a year and try to win a title?

I am sure most of the team needing new deals next year and after would be OK with the team using it's money to get them rings first.

Leverage our assets and send an urgent message to win now.

Deal or no deal?

Comments.?

I think you're premise is incorrect. We're not "all in" for a SB run this year. We're still just trying to build a good team, not mortgaging the future or tanking the season.

That's about right. Given the uncertainty of any season, if you've got some talent, don't just right off the season for a future when the team will be "really" ready to take the next step. Similarly, don't put all your eggs into this year's basket. Build value, field competitive teams, and give yourself as many chances as possible for the dice to roll your way.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
:facepalm: There you go, get your dig in on Coach Garrett. smh
The Dig was warranted. Many of us agree. This team has above average talent and Garrett. Garrett and Linehan had a predictable and simple game plan against the Rams that did nothing to help our players get into position to make plays.
The sooner we get rid of Garrett the better!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Dig was warranted. Many of us agree. This team has above average talent and Garrett. Garrett and Linehan had a predictable and simple game plan against the Rams that did nothing to help our players get into position to make plays.
The sooner we get rid of Garrett the better!
I'm well aware there are many of you that think that way. A bunch of sad saps that think so highly of their poor opinion of Jason Garrett. I'm so glad you all are so powerless to get rid of him.

Long live Coach Garrett with the Dallas Cowboys. :thumbup:

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Yeah. Iloka is not much of an upgrade over Heath, and Iloka, Heath, and Frazier are all free agents next year. Even if we hit on a draft pick, we would only have Woods and a draft pick locked up for 2020.

Safety market was pretty expensive this summer but there were some opportunities out there.

yes and a few of them could have given Dallas better options. I like Woods, but i was hoping for another to help rotate with him or use in certain packages. Best man wins starter job.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Only time Garrett and Scott get criticized is when they can't turn a backup into Brady.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm well aware there are many of you that think that way. A bunch of sad saps that think so highly of their poor opinion of Jason Garrett. I'm so glad you all are so powerless to get rid of him.

Long live Coach Garrett with the Dallas Cowboys. :thumbup:

2 wildcard wins over a decade and you are on your knees worshiping the guy.

Are you sure you are not a Brown's fan that got lost?

Hard to believe an actual Cowboys fan would be this satisfied with losing, but I guess they do exist. You are proof of that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
2 wildcard wins over a decade and you are on your knees worshiping the guy.

Are you sure you are not a Brown's fan that got lost?

Hard to believe an actual Cowboys fan would be this satisfied with losing, but I guess they do exist. You are proof of that.
I'm a diehard Cowboys fan and you are the worst kind that eats their own because they don't agree with you about every aspect about the team. I despise the Brown's so I consider your comment a cheap shot, uncalled for. I'm not asking you to agree with my opinions so why would you say such a thing because I don't agree with yours. It's a free country we live in and we all have different opinions about all sorts of things. Are you going to go around insulting everyone that disagrees with you? What sad way to live your life. Go Cowboys!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm a diehard Cowboys fan and you are the worst kind that eats their own because they don't agree with you about every aspect about the team. I despise the Brown's so I consider your comment a cheap shot, uncalled for. I'm not asking you to agree with my opinions so why would you say such a thing because I don't agree with yours. It's a free country we live in and we all have different opinions about all sorts of things. Are you going to go around insulting everyone that disagrees with you? What sad way to live your life. Go Cowboys!

You were the one saying that anybody that had a poor opinion of Garrett was a "bunch of sad saps" and you were glad they were powerless to get rid of him. Yeah, that is really respecting the opinion of others.

Seems like you had no problem insulting them...……….you got called out for it and now you are crying...………….suck it up sport:thumbup: