If the team is all in for a SB run

basel90

Reaction score
Only teams that know how to manipulate the salary cap can go "all in".

Unless you happen to be the Patriots.

agree, and the cowboys at the moment want Jason to prove he is the HC who can take theme there , otherwise Stephen does not want to straddle a new HC with long term expensive deals . Stephen is on to something with the new prudent salary management. It is was the old cowboys Dak , Dlawrence and zeke and others would have been paid big already and 2-3 premadona stars would be already on dead cap money!!

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Yeah. Iloka is not much of an upgrade over Heath, and Iloka, Heath, and Frazier are all free agents next year. Even if we hit on a draft pick, we would only have Woods and a draft pick locked up for 2020.

Safety market was pretty expensive this summer but there were some opportunities out there.
Yep, they probably will draft a S this year and have to do so again next year, maybe a couple more.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You were the one saying that anybody that had a poor opinion of Garrett was a "bunch of sad saps" and you were glad they were powerless to get rid of him. Yeah, that is really respecting the opinion of others.

Seems like you had no problem insulting them...……….you got called out for it and now you are crying...………….suck it up sport:thumbup:
Okay you made your point but still, calling me a Browns fan is way over kill. That was just low. I am glad you are powerless to get rid of Garrett but that's just us disagreeing, which is fine.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm well aware there are many of you that think that way. A bunch of sad saps that think so highly of their poor opinion of Jason Garrett. I'm so glad you all are so powerless to get rid of him.

Long live Coach Garrett with the Dallas Cowboys. :thumbup:
Long live mediocrity!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You were the one saying that anybody that had a poor opinion of Garrett was a "bunch of sad saps" and you were glad they were powerless to get rid of him. Yeah, that is really respecting the opinion of others.

Seems like you had no problem insulting them...……….you got called out for it and now you are crying...………….suck it up sport:thumbup:
Exactly!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Where you been? Garrett and Linehan were criticized way before Dak got here.
where were you in 2016. Coy the and best OC around. Then the defense figured out check down Charlie. Oh yeah everybody around dak just suddenly started sucking.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
where were you in 2016. Coy the and best OC around. Then the defense figured out check down Charlie. Oh yeah everybody around dak just suddenly started sucking.
My point stands! Garrett and Linehan were criticized way before Dak got here.

Dak may not be the answer at QB, I tend to think he is, but most of us KNOW Garrett is not the answer at HC. I didn’t know you were such a big Garrett fan?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are they all in on this season? Can we point to any team that has gone all in on this season?

If the Cowboys were all in on this season, they would have been more active in FA like signing Thomas. Not that that works because we've seen that fail with numerous teams.

I think what they're trying to do is get into sustained contender status like GB, NO, PHL, SEA and LAR have done. Then with a little luck, any of those teams can go to the Big Dance. But going all in or selling out for one season hasn't proven to be effective and the Cowboys have not done that this offseason.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Long live mediocrity!!
You think 2 divisional titles in 3 years is mediocrity? I get it, you want SB victories, but where we are is far from mediocrity. It'd time you curbed your pessimism and realize we have a very good team trend up.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why are we not just waiting this year to save our cap..

and go sign 3-4 FAs at positions of need on 1 year deals?

We can do the same contract increases next year.

Nobodies contracts are ending in 2019.

Buy a year and try to win a title?

I am sure most of the team needing new deals next year and after would be OK with the team using it's money to get them rings first.

Leverage our assets and send an urgent message to win now.

Deal or no deal?

Comments.?
The top players who would make the difference generally don't take 1 year deals.

cern

Reaction score
I will never consider the team all the way in for the big dance as long as garrett is our hc. I know Stephen doesn't like him, but he is still under contract and no way does Stephen pay him to do nothing. jg is jerry's final link to the team he built. it's Stephen's now. it's getting decidedly better. I see garrett gone after this season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I will never consider the team all the way in for the big dance as long as garrett is our hc. I know Stephen doesn't like him, but he is still under contract and no way does Stephen pay him to do nothing. jg is jerry's final link to the team he built. it's Stephen's now. it's getting decidedly better. I see garrett gone after this season.

I think this team has to have a good playoff run for Garrett to get an extension. Now does that mean an NFC title game appearance? Not necessarily so, I mean if we are playing in the divisional round and travel to New Orleans and lose in OT 38-36, I have a hard time imagining Garrett getting fired. Now if we got to NO and lose 44-10 or dont even make it past the Wildcard round, then I think Garrett is gone.

So basically, Garrett needs either a win or a very, very close lose in the divisional round to keep his job. Getting blown out in the Divisional round, losing in the Wildcard round, or not even making the playoffs at all is pretty much curtains for Clappy. Like you said, Steven is in charge now and he is not emotionally tied to Garrett like Jerry is. Steven wants results before he gives an extension.

JayFord

Reaction score
Way waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy.

Most did not agree w/ the Garrett hire from the start.

I wanted Garrett gone in the middle of the 08 season

Never in my wildest dreams did I think he’d be here in 2019