If the Texans don't take Reggie Bush

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
but maybe instead took D'BRICKASHAW FERGUSON How much of a difference if any would it be on the draft...do you think there would be more or less trades...would it cause a run of OL men...

just curious to see what you all think would happen

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
If they take D'brick it's because they traded down. In that case he'll be taken in relatively the same spot. How could this possibly affect the rest of the draft?

Kangaroo

Reaction score
The Saint's takes bush and tries to trade Duce to someone for a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Or they Take Williams the DE

The jets would probaly not try to trade up nowing a QB will drop to them now with bush sitting there

doomsday81

Reaction score
I've talked to someone with the Texans. Bush's pro day sealed the deal. Unless they get some kind of crazy trade offer that they just can't turn down, Bush is the pick for sure.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
I've talked to someone with the Texans. Bush's pro day sealed the deal. Unless they get some kind of crazy trade offer that they just can't turn down, Bush is the pick for sure.
I was thinking the same thing. His vertical leap, 40, and bench reps given his size were off the charts.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:

That is no way to have fun with this thread...try again:D

I am in need of a football fix bad

Doomsday101

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:

I agree Bush is their man unless some big trade falls their way.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
As far as the Texans are concerned, Bush is the safe pick, and unless they are offered some type of mega-deal, I think it's already a done deal in terms of them selecting Bush.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I think Houston takes Bush #1 overall, trades Dominik Davis for anything they can get and then drafts Lendale White in the 2nd round. They need a big back to compliment Bush and Davis isn't bigger than Bush.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I think Houston takes Bush #1 overall, trades Dominik Davis for anything they can get and then drafts Lendale White in the 2nd round. They need a big back to compliment Bush and Davis isn't bigger than Bush.
I will bet you everything I own that this doesn't happen.

joseephuss

Reaction score
theogt said:
I will bet you everything I own that this doesn't happen.

I will match everything you own with the paper clip I am holding in my hand right now. :D

Okay, Houston may not take White, but they will trade Davis. I think he will be a free agent after this season, so Houston has to try and get something for him. A 4th or 3rd round pick maybe.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
I will match everything you own with the paper clip I am holding in my hand right now. :D

Okay, Houston may not take White, but they will trade Davis. I think he will be a free agent after this season, so Houston has to try and get something for him. A 4th or 3rd round pick maybe.
I agree.

burmafrd

Reaction score
With the horrendous state of their O line, passing on Ferguson is just plain stupid. Or trading down and using those picks to fix their O line. Taking Bush is just plain dumb.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
With the horrendous state of their O line, passing on Ferguson is just plain stupid. Or trading down and using those picks to fix their O line. Taking Bush is just plain dumb.

Ummm... no it isn't. Drafting for need is just plain dumb. Players like Bush rarely come around. Player's like Ferguson come around often.

PASSING on Bush (unless they are offered a great deal for the pick) would be incredibly stupid.

Pabst

Reaction score
burmafrd said:

I agree. Taking Bush doesn't make much sense for Houston, but what do I know. It isn't rocket science to see how much a great OT would help them over a runner. Just chock it up to the "Bush is special" talk, I suppose.

In regards to whether or not Bush fell, it isn't of much consequence to the Cowboys. He'll still go in the top 3 choices, and the players being discussed in the top 5 spots are interchangable, with the possible wild-card being Vince Young.

While it would be a surprise, it wouldn't "shake up" more then two or three teams out of the 31 drafting in three weeks. (We all know the Commanders don't draft; probably save some money by not having to hire a scouting team)

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
Zaxor said:
but maybe instead took D'BRICKASHAW FERGUSON How much of a difference if any would it be on the draft...do you think there would be more or less trades...would it cause a run of OL men...

if this happens, all hell will break loose.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Zaxor said:

The top 4-5 players will still be the top 4-5 players...it would change nothing except the order in which they were selected. The draft doesn't really change until someone screws up and pushes a player up where he doesn't belong....when teams start taking guys way before any conventional wisdom says they should be taken, that's when we smile and realize someone good is going to be available who shouldn't have been.

Those who think Houston should take Ferguson instead of Bush should then be saying they should trade down because there's no team in the NFL who would be foolish enough to take Ferguson #1 overall...5 Fergusons on your OL would be awesome but not guarantee anything...OL should never be taken that high....Though Chris Samuels is much better than many give him credit for, he will never earn the money the Skins invested in him as the #2 pick overall in the draft....insanity.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
If the Texans dont take Reggie Bush, there will be riots of biblical proportions through the streets of metrosexual Houston

txlonghorn14

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
If the Texans dont take Reggie Bush, there will be riots of biblical proportions through the streets of metrosexual Houston

:lmao:i thought nyc was the only place were the guys dressed like girls. i swear, i'm the only john wayne left in this town.

burmafrd

Reaction score
IF I were the Texans I would trade down 2-3 slots and then take Ferguson. The extra picks would come in handy. I have read a lot of scouts that thing that Ferguson is the closest thing to a SURE thing in the draft. Bush has questions about how much of a load he can handle.