If the Texans don't take Reggie Bush

scottsp

Reaction score
Yeah, I dunno for certain that Reggie Bush is that guy atop the draft. Funny things happen as the draft nears. Great talent, aye. But I can't say for certain he grades out definitively higher than a guy like Ferguson. I don't know this because I am not privy NFL scouting intel. I doubt any of us are.

Sorry if I don't take these mocks, Kiper, Mayock, etc. as gospel.

We are still over three weeks away. So much can happen. I'm not saying Bush to Houston doesn't happen, just that the possibility certainly exists it could be someone different. We've seen this sort of thing happen before - too many times. And this draft is hardly a no-brainer.

skinsfunguy

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
The top 4-5 players will still be the top 4-5 players...it would change nothing except the order in which they were selected. The draft doesn't really change until someone screws up and pushes a player up where he doesn't belong....when teams start taking guys way before any conventional wisdom says they should be taken, that's when we smile and realize someone good is going to be available who shouldn't have been.

Those who think Houston should take Ferguson instead of Bush should then be saying they should trade down because there's no team in the NFL who would be foolish enough to take Ferguson #1 overall...5 Fergusons on your OL would be awesome but not guarantee anything...OL should never be taken that high....Though Chris Samuels is much better than many give him credit for, he will never earn the money the Skins invested in him as the #2 pick overall in the draft....insanity.
HEY!! Samuels was the number three overall pick in the draft!!! :p:

burmafrd

Reaction score
Ferguson could very well be playing 12 years from now and still playing well, maybe even close to Pro Bowl level. How long will Bush be playing? What are the odds for a RB to still be playing at the same level in 12 years?
that is why claiming Bush is the better pick to me is a joke. If you can take a player that will fill a position for that long- TAKE HIM!!!