If they lose in ATL, I don't want them in the playoffs

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Probably not but you never know. Not sure why it’s so important to declare that. Keep playing...

Egirls aren’t that good this year and Skins are beatable too. 9-7 could still win this division. We aren’t that much worse than the rest in our division.

And there's still two Commanders-Eagles games coming up so each team has a chance to cancel the other out. If the Cowboys can somehow get out of November at 6-6 they have a real shot at the playoffs.

mmohican29

Reaction score
If we lose to Atlanta and make the playoffs, I'm ok with it?

If this league has shown us anything it's that the differences between average to good teams is minuscule.

Great teams? Sorry try again. There are NONE.

Ravens, Giants, and Eagles are all recent examples of teams that got hot at the exact right time to take home the prize.

You say, well the Eagles were 13-3 and won it all with a career back-up level QB. Surely they were great.

No. All it does is reinforce how lousy the league is currently. Why not us, if we squeak in somehow.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Whether or not this team is anything other than another Garrett mediocre pretender will be determined over the next three games. This team has NOT won back to back games since last December. (And I saw a thread on this forum just this week predicting super bowl glory again after the Filly win)

Going into this year, I adopted the philosophy, “I will believe it when it happens”. I will believe this team has a chance to be a good football team when the following things happen:

1. Have at least a 3 game winning streak. (Win in Atl and win on Turkey Day against the deadskins and there’s three)
2. Qualify for the playoffs.

If this team can’t do the winning streak, I don’t see them making the playoffs.

The other thing is the Garrett situation. Any normal quality NFL front office would have fired their HC for the last 7 years winning one playoff game. So in my book if Garrett doesn’t both take this team to the playoffs AND win and get to the NFC championship game, he should be toast. Hopefully the idiot in the owners box concurs.

I will believe it when it happens.
It really doesn’t matter anymore. All this talk about playoffs and championships with the Cowboys is Fools Gold.

Not directed at you Bob but it spurred this thought.

It’s merely an entertainment value now. All of our games have been entertainment even the losses. Our season is still on until it’s officially over.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And there's still two Commanders-Eagles games coming up so each team has a chance to cancel the other out. If the Cowboys can somehow get out of November at 6-6 they have a real shot at the playoffs.
Maybe even 5-7 still in it.If Wash is that win.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tyron Smith is playing this year. Not Chaz Green.

Cowboys are playing against the biggest chokers in football. Not just because they lost to the Browns - that's only part of it. The other part is that they had the most ridiculous chokejob in a championship-deciding game in sports history.
That was against the Pats, not the Cowboys. They didn't choke last year when their season was on the line, the Cowboys did.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If we lose to Atlanta and make the playoffs, I'm ok with it?

If this league has shown us anything it's that the differences between average to good teams is minuscule.

Great teams? Sorry try again. There are NONE.

Ravens, Giants, and Eagles are all recent examples of teams that got hot at the exact right time to take home the prize.

You say, well the Eagles were 13-3 and won it all with a career back-up level QB. Surely they were great.

No. All it does is reinforce how lousy the league is currently. Why not us, if we squeak in somehow.

Great post. All teams have to do is get into the playoffs and then anything goes. I don't care if the Cowboys somehow make it in at 7-9, it's still a successful year because the object of playing is to have a chance at a championship.

If anybody thinks the 2007 or 2011 Giants were the best teams in the NFL when they won it all, they are dead wrong. Like you said, they got hot at the right time and captured lightning in a bottle.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
You have to win the next 2 out of 3 to even have a shot. The Skins game is a must. Take care of business Sunday in Atlanta so you're not playing the much better Saints team under a ton of pressure.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sunday night in Philly was a signature win.

Most likely we are already out of it but there are still
Meaningful games until there’s not.
Every game my team plays is meaningful to me. Sometimes I decide to waltz, but they are my team. I like American football.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have to win the next 2 out of 3 to even have a shot. The Skins game is a must. Take care of business Sunday in Atlanta so you're not playing the much better Saints team under a ton of pressure.
Yep, I figure they have a loss to give and don't see them slowing down that scoring machine the Saints have and unless they drew the other mediocre team in the playoffs, they wouldn't advance anyway.

But, this game in ATL is the most important game to me of this season, the first I noted and was glad it was there, the scene of the crime. And now it has only increased in importance because this is the game to prove this defense is what some think it is. They've been getting stats against patsy's, not the real offenses of the NFL. Time to see what we've really got there. They can't stop ATL, they won't stop NO or Indy either and that's at least 8 losses.

Some don't feel the way I do and that is fine but when you get your *** handed to you and the other team is dancing and laughing at you across the field, that's more than just a game. If I was Garrett, I would make them all watch that game and pay particular attention to the sideline behavior, the last team I saw behave like that was Johnson's Canes against the Horns, not as bad but the same thing. When a team rubs your nose in it in a contact sport, the rematch just isn't another game. I realize that America's Team BS and the over the top coverage is behind some of that but that takes the game to a whole different level in my book.

Hardline

Reaction score
Relax folks. There will be no Chaz Green or Adrian Clayborn.
Both are on different teams.

CWR

Reaction score
I can guarantee you that someone will guarantee you we beat Atlanta.