If They Were Smart They'd Wait Until After The Philly Game To Bring Dak Back

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The play of Cooper Rush seems to have the Cowboys in a hurry to get Dak back as soon as possible to avoid any kind of media QB controversy, but this could back fire big time for them.

If they were smart they'd not bring Dak back for the Rams game as it seems to be reported that he's targeted for his comeback for that one.

The Cowboys could potentially be 3-0 with Rush as the QB going into that game and Dak coming back for that one seems like a recipe for disaster.

Dak probably won't be fully healed, going up against a pretty good defense, and the defending Super Bowl champs. Then you have the Eagles the next game when they look like world beaters right now.

Dak got trash threw at him after 3 quarters and an injury this year. Imagine what will happen if we lose to the Rams and Eagles and Dak plays bad.....

You'd think the Cowboys would perfer Rush play those games instead of Dak, but then again, what if Rush plays great and we win? Then the flames are fueled even more.

You think the fanbase is toxic now when it comes to Dak, just wait until he's rushed back and plays bad.

Nav22

Reaction score
If Rush keeps winning while playing well, I have zero issue riding with the hot hand.

Dak could use the extra time off to heal anyways, like Gallup sitting last night.

They originally told us 6-8 weeks for Dak. That’s probably the real recovery timeline, even though it magically jumped to 4-6 weeks like a day later.

If Rush struggles and we lose either of our next 2 games? Bring back Dak vs Philly, if he’s truly ready. That’ll be a huge game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
All this sounds nice and all but when he gets medical clearance, he will start. It's as simple as that.......think about it. What did MM say after Jerry's silly _____ comment? Dak is our starting QB. In other words, there's nothing Rush can do with a short sampling of games to change that. You can't play politics with a $40M QB. If you've lost confidence in him, you bench him and get ready to move on but I shouldn't have to say, they are nowhere near that zip code.

12+88=7

Reaction score
Back in 2016 I was with bring Romo back no matter what the state of the team was.

I am going to stay consistent and say Prescott should return as soon as he is ready.

I want Dallas to keep Rush for this week against Washington. But Prescott should return against LAR so he can knock some rust off before the next game versus Philadelphia.

The divisional games are the important games. Those are the ones Dallas should be focused on.

I would take 3-2 overall and 2-0 in the division going into Philadelphia.

12+88=7

Reaction score
If Rush keeps winning while playing well, I have zero issue riding with the hot hand.

Dak could use the extra time off to heal anyways, like Gallup sitting last night.

They originally told us 6-8 weeks for Dak. That’s probably the real recovery timeline, even though it magically jumped to 4-6 weeks like a day later.

If Rush struggles and we lose either of our next 2 games? Bring back Dak vs Philly, if he’s truly ready. That’ll be a huge game.

The timeline changed when the surgery was done the injury proved to be less severe than first anticipated.

Aven8

Reaction score
I just said in another thread that the beauty in Rush is now Dak doesn’t have to hurry back. Get healed. If we were 0-3 I would get the urgency, but no need right now. Dak should be thrilled that he doesn’t have to climb out of a hole if he’s really the team player we all think he is.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I just said in another thread that the beauty in Rush is now Dak doesn’t have to hurry back. Get healed. If we were 0-3 I would get the urgency, but no need right now. Dak should be thrilled that he doesn’t have to climb out of a hole if he’s really the team player we all think he is.
I think Dak is the opposite of thrilled.

The last time he had pads on he was getting trash threw at him. If he comes back to a team that's went 3-0 without him will be a crazy amount of pressure on him to play well.

He'll never admit it, but I believe he'd much prefer he was coming back to a struggling offense that's not getting it done.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I understand what you're saying and why you're saying it, but you strike me as the fan that is more or less rooting for chaos right now.
He’s the 2nd biggest troll (behind poopydawg) on this site. Just pay attention to the threads he creates and it will become obvious.
A few of us think he’s an Eagles fan.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
OP - Remember when you predicted 2-4 to start the season and I made a bet to you that if they go 3-3 or better you leave the forum for a month and if they do worse I'll leave the forum for a month, and you never responded to me...good times.