If they would have kept Gregory and Collins

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
We would still have them and there would be countless threads complaining about it by the realists

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
And we paid Gallup, who is on PUP and will miss the start of the season after missing almost half of last season. So I don't completely buy the availability argument. As you point out, we would have re-signed Gregory and his availability has been spotty.

The Joneses' decision was based more on production vs. price. Cooper wasn't providing production worthy of his price. Collins wasn't either, at least not to the extent that he was that much better than the much-lower-paid Steele. It always comes down to money no matter what reasons the Joneses want to give.
Injury availability is different than personal choice availability. Jerry and Stephen want players to do everything in their power to play

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I bet Dak is glad La'el is no longer here.
:eek::p:D

fox-divisional-5b-cowboys-tackle-lael-collins-sacks-dak-prescott-51295842.png

Pass2Run

Reaction score
They would have continued to underachieve accrue untimely penalties and generally tick me off on a regular basis while watching the game.

Very glad both of those losers are gone.

So done with Randy Gregory and his drug habit.
Smoke yourself into retirement in Denver's altitude

Funny, they seemed to let Wilson walk after this year, too. I wonder what their deal was with him. Nobody talks about that one much.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Funny, they seemed to let Wilson walk after this year, too. I wonder what their deal was with him. Nobody talks about that one much.
That's a fair question, I've wondered the same thing myself.

Last edited:

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

the fact that him and Gallup both were up for contracts and with Gallup taking a discount for what he could have gotten in the market it was a no-brainer decision to keep him and draft a rookie

Blackrain

Reaction score

Very good point That really bothered me.

I really liked Wilson a lot and thought he threw a ball every bit as well as Dak.

Really wish we could have found a way to keep him.

plymkr

Reaction score
Very good point That really bothered me.

I really liked Wilson a lot and thought he threw a ball every bit as well as Dak.

Really wish we could have found a way to keep him.
Wilson made some of the most clutch catches the past couple seasons. A lot of fans focus on the onside kick that the Falcons decided to not worry about until after it went 10 yards. But the best play was the 4th down catch Wilson made. He was clutch. I'm going to miss him.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Wilson made some of the most clutch catches the past couple seasons. A lot of fans focus on the onside kick that the Falcons decided to not worry about until after it went 10 yards. But the best play was the 4th down catch Wilson made. He was clutch. I'm going to miss him.
Totally agree That was one we shouldn't have let get away

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Losing Gregory was huge, imo. Collins can be replaced with one of the younger lineman.

Aven8

Reaction score
It’s not like they didn’t try to sign Greg’s….Stephen just got cute and blew it with language in the contract.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I could care less about losing Gregory ...... Sam is probably already better and more reliable.

At least Collins fought for his quarter back after a cheap shot last year.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Cowboys fans were blessed enough to have witness Randy Gregory during the prime of his career. Can you imagine what it will look like on the downward side?

kskboys

Reaction score
Losing Gregory was huge, imo. Collins can be replaced with one of the younger lineman.
Yup. A huge move in the right direction.

If one wants to contend for a super bowl, one of the first steps is to dump players who are not ready to give it all for a title. Gregory needed to go, and badly. About time we started dumping the dummies.

kskboys

Reaction score
And if we dump more problem players next offseason and get some young n hungries in here, we'll be even that much closer to winning playoff games.

Collins n Gregory are not the type of players to take you there. Good riddance.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
meh, lost confidence in Gregory last year when he found his penalties comical.