If they would have kept Gregory and Collins

EST_1986

Reaction score
Both of their teams say they will be ready for week 1.
Yea but the Cowboys have a crackpot medical stuff. Their teams will have them ready week 1. Those guys would have had amputated limbs here.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Both of them would have missed training camp and would be big question marks for week 1.
we said THIS all off season, those moves were the right ones, and coop would have had every 3rd day off been half speed in many games as decoy while his foot healed ..20mil decoy oft missing 10mil OLT and an overpaid 6 sack career high DE..:rolleyes::popcorn:

plymkr

Reaction score
Yup. A huge move in the right direction.

If one wants to contend for a super bowl, one of the first steps is to dump players who are not ready to give it all for a title. Gregory needed to go, and badly. About time we started dumping the dummies.
Exactly. Can't win with dumb and uncommitted players. Also some are only looking at last season with RG. Last season was his best, obviously, but last season was the only season he had DQ as a def coordinator. In the very few moments he played the seasons without Quinn he was average, and that's when he wasn't suspended. So in my mind we lost an average player who got coached up to be above average and at Gregory's best he was still a knucklehead. Yeah we'll survive without him. Quinn will coach up another average player to be above average and RG will be a distant memory.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly. Can't win with dumb and uncommitted players. Also some are only looking at last season with RG. Last season was his best, obviously, but last season was the only season he had DQ as a def coordinator. In the very few moments he played the seasons without Quinn he was average, and that's when he wasn't suspended. So in my mind we lost an average player who got coached up to be above average and at Gregory's best he was still a knucklehead. Yeah we'll survive without him. Quinn will coach up another average player to be above average and RG will be a distant memory.
Read something on Collins that sounds right to me.

Paraphrasing: Although Collins looks amazing on some plays, way too often his play isn't good.

In other words, he's amazing at times, but doesn't play well consistently. And don't forget, huge salary. You want huge money, then play huge.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
RG was a good talent....can anyone really say we ever saw the payoff with him? Again he got "Pressure" but its not like he lit the league up with a high sack total....D Lawerence gets pressure alot and everyone is like "Give me sacks" hell RG is WELL in the red on "Paid vs Production" in that same catagory.

GINeric

Reaction score
I guess the Cowboys are not the only ones who like their own. Had Dallas kept Collins and Gregory then we would hear how Dallas likes their own. Gregory could have stayed but Jerry did put a clause in the deal and rightfully so, Gregory has spent much of his career suspended why on earth would you not have a clause in his deal? Collins suspended 5 games last year and with the play of Steele Collins made himself expendable

Gregory spent so much of his career suspended because the NFL was too stupid to catch up with the times and STOP testing for Marijuana as if it was a hazardous indulging. The NFL is so dumb, they let players consume **** that kills millions of people like alcohol, opioids, and tobacco..... when's the last time you heard of marijuana killing anyone or responsible for the death of others?? I've heard of people dying of alcohol poison and overdose on opioids. Both of those were legal in the NFL, while marijuana cost players millions and careers.

The NBA, the pro baseball league, etc, didn't test for Marijuana, only the dumbest people on the planet who are at the top in the NFL.

With that said, the NFL isn't testing for marijuana anymore, so Gregory wouldn't have a reason to be suspended, like previous seasons.

kskboys

Reaction score
Gregory spent so much of his career suspended because the NFL was too stupid to catch up with the times and STOP testing for Marijuana as if it was a hazardous indulging. The NFL is so dumb, they let players consume **** that kills millions of people like alcohol, opioids, and tobacco..... when's the last time you heard of marijuana killing anyone or responsible for the death of others?? I've heard of people dying of alcohol poison and overdose on opioids. Both of those were legal in the NFL, while marijuana cost players millions and careers.

The NBA, the pro baseball league, etc, didn't test for Marijuana, only the dumbest people on the planet who are at the top in the NFL.

With that said, the NFL isn't testing for marijuana anymore, so Gregory wouldn't have a reason to be suspended, like previous seasons.
Happens a lot, but you have to look for the info as it benefits too many people in power to have a society that's high all the time.

And no, Gregory spent too much of his time suspended because he chose pot over an NFL career and millions of dollars. Yeah, really safe stuff there.

GINeric

Reaction score
Happens a lot, but you have to look for the info as it benefits too many people in power to have a society that's high all the time."]

Again, he smoked pot just like all the other players drink and pop opioids like candy, but it was dumb ** to keep weed on the "ban" list because players drank alcohol before games and popped opioids too.... THEY weren't banned and cause 100 times more physical and psychological damage.

With that said, those were the rules so it's Randy's fault for getting suspended. But had the league not had prehistoric rules in place, Randy and dozens of other players wouldn't have had their career affected. Maybe Randy should have just been an alcoholic and a pill junkie....

he wouldn't have served an hour of suspension..... tell me whats wrong with that picture???

Thats like the police pulling you over and saying nothing or not giving you a ticket if they found a grenade launcher and a AK-47 in your vehicle.... but if they found a water gun, they lock you up and you serve 5 years in jail. You're being punished for using something non lethal more than something lethal. **** don't make sense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

You may disagree with the NFL but does not change the simple fact that if you tested positive you would be suspended, all players knew this was not a secret, yet he continued to do so getting himself suspended and putting the Cowboys in a bind each time he did so. Now if you knew that a drug test would be performed would you still do it? I'm sorry this is not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with the NFL. He knew it yet was dumb enough to do it.

GINeric

Reaction score
You may disagree with the NFL but does not change the simple fact that if you tested positive you would be suspended, all players knew this was not a secret, yet he continued to do so getting himself suspended and putting the Cowboys in a bind each time he did so. Now if you knew that a drug test would be performed would you still do it? I'm sorry this is not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with the NFL. He knew it yet was dumb enough to do it.

I can't argue with that. But Gregory wouldn't have missed time in no other professional sport. The NFL had prehistoric rules, but Gregory should have adapted to the prehistoric outdated rules and kept himself clean, no question.

If Gregory was an alcoholic or a opioid junkie, he wouldn't have missed any games.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I can't argue with that. But Gregory wouldn't have missed time in no other professional sport. The NFL had prehistoric rules, but Gregory should have adapted to the prehistoric outdated rules and kept himself clean, no question.

If Gregory was an alcoholic or a opioid junkie, he wouldn't have missed any games.

Again it is not a matter if you disagree with the rule. In life there are rules I don't like but if I break them I can suffer the consequence of my actions. Where I work we have drug testing for weed, if I fail it I lose my job. Not suspended but I lose my job. It is the rules that are in place I don't have to like it but I do have to abide by it or else find another job. I do not feel for high priced athletes they know going in the rules and if they break those rules there are consequence that go with it. The only person who was to blame was Gregory, he knew the situation and yet continued to violate them

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Both of them would have missed training camp and would be big question marks for week 1.
5 sacks may be an un-attainable number for Gregory this year.........ha-haaaaaaaaaa! Hope Denver is real happy with their off-season signing! Don't bogart that joint my friend.........ha-haaaaa!