If This Is Romo's Final Game As A Cowboy. Going To Be Kinda Sad

Tejas25

Reaction score
Sometimes, separating the man from the group is beneficial.
Absolutely, agree.

I certainly understand they did not win a superbowl while he was the starter. But I went in every Sunday believing they would win regardless of their bottom half defense or the just avg. running game just because Romo was there. (1 great year with Murray excluded) It wasn't like when I was younger and watched Staubach hand the ball off to HOF Dorsett and had Doomsday shutting down the opponents or with Aikman handing the ball off to HOF Smith with Doomsday II. It didn't matter if it was Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Manning I thought they could win because he was there regardless of what type of game it became. Elliott that line and healthy defense 3 years into the same system man. Romo with better tools around him. Wow! I do wish him the best. He is an excellent QB and a Cowboy that never made headlines for the wrong reasons. I will certainly root for him regardless of where he ends up next year.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Absolutely, agree.

I certainly understand they did not win a superbowl while he was the starter. But I went in every Sunday believing they would win regardless of their bottom half defense or the jusr avg. running game just because Romo was there. (1 great year with Murray excluded) It wasn't like when I was younger and watched Staubach hand the ball off to HOF Dorsett and had Doomsday shutting down the opponents or with Aikman handing the ball off to HOF Smith with Doomsday II. It didn't matter if it was Brady, Rodgers, Brees or Manning I thought they could win because he was there regardless of what type of game it became. Elliott that line and healthy defense 3 years into the same system man. Romo with better tools around him. Wow! I do with him the best. He is an excellent QB and a Cowboy that never made headlines for the wrong reasons. I will certainly root for him regardless of where he ends up next year.

Nice post, man...and feel free to join in on more comments in the future. There are those of us who will have your six, back...say what you want and enjoy some conversation with us.

Me too...I loved the actual guts of that player, Tony Romo. I think it just took so long to get the organization to a modern point of management and to put a Head Coach into position to start some real dynasty growth. Not spending in free agency was painful, but allowed for even better growth around the face of the fanchise. Now, the face is Prescott.

I respect Romo and as with yourself, will wish him great and continued rewards.

Tejas25

Reaction score
Nice post, man...and feel free to join in on more comments in the future. There are those of us who will have your six, back...say what you want and enjoy some conversation with us.

Me too...I loved the actual guts of that player, Tony Romo. I think it just took so long to get the organization to a modern point of management and to put a Head Coach into position to start some real dynasty growth. Not spending in free agency was painful, but allowed for even better growth around the face of the fanchise. Now, the face is Prescott.

I respect Romo and as with yourself, will wish him great and continued rewards.

I'm originally from Corpus Christi, too. Left for the military after high school and just never went back. Small world. Yes, Prescott. As god is my witness I had the cowboys taking him in the 4rth round in several of my mock drafts. But I wanted him to sit and learn. He has been put into the perfect storm. I don't have that same confidence in him, yet. It was a sense of calm watching Romo against the eagles...just accurate missiles everywhere. The media loves Prescott but man...I like probably you, have watched every snap since 1970something. That ball is rarely in the air longer that 6 yards and that works just fine if elliott is running for 120! lol Just not sure how a shootout plays out...Rodgers and Matt Ryan and then Brady could bring that. Yes, the face is Prescott...but the body is elliott that line and that defense. The Cowboys are the total team concept at this point. But we'll see that's why we watch.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm originally from Corpus Christi, too. Left for the military after high school and just never went back. Small world. Yes, Prescott. As god is my witness I had the cowboys taking him in the 4rth round in several of my mock drafts. But I wanted him to sit and learn. He has been put into the perfect storm. I don't have that same confidence in him, yet. It was a sense of calm watching Romo against the eagles...just accurate missiles everywhere. The media loves Prescott but man...I like probably you, have watched every snap since 1970something. That ball is rarely in the air longer that 6 yards and that works just fine if elliott is running for 120! lol Just not sure how a shootout plays out...Rodgers and Matt Ryan and then Brady could bring that. Yes, the face is Prescott...but the body is elliott that line and that defense. The Cowboys are the total team concept at this point. But we'll see that's why we watch.

Just a quick update...when he does throw deep, he has one of the top completion percentages in the NFL. He doesn't gamble much, but he'll grow into when and where...deep. Thanks for the share. I'm partial to Corpus Christi now. Lol, traveled much of the world in service.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Don't want to play a shootout game. Never going to win that way and that's even if Tony started. He can keep you in it but I'm always nervous. I'll always remember the game against P. Manning and Denver where it was back and forth. Right before he threw the interception I called it. Tony's been a great QB but it's a new day. This is a balanced team and has to play as one to get to a SB.

Tejas25

Reaction score
Yea, that game was something. Romo got blasted in the press that next week...500 yards and 5 TDs with a pick. The next week Flacco throws for 5 tds..he was on the cover of SI...only difference...Baltimore only gave up 17 points. But folks back then talked about an interception...ridiculous. I certainly realize it's a new offense....and most definitely know they have to come through on every side of the ball to win along with slow methodical drives. Sean Lee is devastating this year...and next year with a healthy Jaylon Smith...whoah!

We are about the same age...I've grown accustomed to an attacking style of offense ...15 yard ins, pa fake post patterns, cowboy qb's dissecting a defense. I'm just not used to the slot receiver leading the team in receptions on four yard drags with some yards after reception. This old dog is going to take awhile. I heard a an announcer the other day discussing deshaun foster of Clemson...calling him a point guard ...running the floor, short passes to the open guy occasional "fast break pass" sounded like the cowboys offense now. And that is very different than what I've enjoyed over the years. I don't mean to be antagonistic a good football game is a chess game to me...whether I'm in my home or at the stadium...I rarely make a sound (minus the surprising tipped pass pick or quick hitter fumble) so I always look at things big picture. Lots of little things have to be right to win with this style of offense. I'm hoping for the best. I look forward to some discussion and I never say never. I prefer a balanced attack but Shoot outs have been won! lol

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't want to play a shootout game. Never going to win that way and that's even if Tony started. He can keep you in it but I'm always nervous. I'll always remember the game against P. Manning and Denver where it was back and forth. Right before he threw the interception I called it. Tony's been a great QB but it's a new day. This is a balanced team and has to play as one to get to a SB.
Dallas get's absolutely slaughtered in that game without Romo's heroics. He was flat out legendary that game.
One of the best games ever played by a Dallas QB according to Staubach and others with half a brain.
yet, somehow, in a game where the other team never punted one time and his team scored 49 points, he managed to get blamed by some.
The all-time winner for football knowledge filter application...as Bill Belichick would say regarding some fans and Romo.

Oh well...very old and tired news.
Time for Dallas to kick some Green Bay tail.

Tejas25

Reaction score
Just a quick update...when he does throw deep, he has one of the top completion percentages in the NFL. He doesn't gamble much, but he'll grow into when and where...deep. Thanks for the share. I'm partial to Corpus Christi now. Lol, traveled much of the world in service.

Really? Where is that nugget of a statistic. I may be wrong...but it seemed he threw deep against Detroit more than he had in the previous 4 games combined and I was at the Tampa game in Dallas and the Vikings game in Minnesota where there were 0. Corpus Christi. All my family is there...I was with the 101st back in the late 80s early 90s. Now I'm at the University of Toledo in Ohio. Came full circle now I work with veterans young and old trying to pursue their degrees here. Look forward to talking with you more.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dallas get's absolutely slaughtered in that game without Romo's heroics. He was flat out legendary that game.
One of the best games ever played by a Dallas QB according to Staubach and others with half a brain.
yet, somehow, in a game where the other team never punted one time and his team scored 49 points, he managed to get blamed by some.
The all-time winner for football knowledge filter application...as Bill Belichick would say regarding some fans and Romo.

Oh well...very old and tired news.
Time for Dallas to kick some Green Bay tail.
A loss is still a loss. Very entertaining game but it still left me frustrated. Oh well as you said, old news.

DFWJC

Reaction score
A loss is still a loss. Very entertaining game but it still left me frustrated. Oh well as you said, old news.
Brutal loss.
Just saying...of the 53 players for the Cowboys playing that day, the least responsible for that loss--the player that played the best--was Romo.
I'll leave it at that.
When coaches graded field that week, he would get the best grade.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Quarterbacks are supposed to be magical win generators, regardless of the circumstances. If they aren't they're A Bad Person with some kind of secret character flaw... or something. It's not their job merely to score points efficiently, but to make up for all other deficiencies and WIN.

This is not in any way a stupid and juvenile way to look at football.

Tejas25

Reaction score
Quarterbacks are supposed to be magical win generators, regardless of the circumstances. If they aren't they're A Bad Person with some kind of secret character flaw... or something. It's not their job merely to score points efficiently, but to make up for all other deficiencies and WIN.

Yep, that broke up the "seriousness" of the conversation! thanks. lol Sports they take us away at least for a few ...of the reality of tuition bills due, mortgages, etc etc.

DFWJC

Reaction score

:laugh::thumbup::flagwave: