If This Is Romo's Final Game As A Cowboy. Going To Be Kinda Sad

CCBoy

Reaction score
Really? Where is that nugget of a statistic. I may be wrong...but it seemed he threw deep against Detroit more than he had in the previous 4 games combined and I was at the Tampa game in Dallas and the Vikings game in Minnesota where there were 0. Corpus Christi. All my family is there...I was with the 101st back in the late 80s early 90s. Now I'm at the University of Toledo in Ohio. Came full circle now I work with veterans young and old trying to pursue their degrees here. Look forward to talking with you more.

This may help some...http://thelandryhat.com/2017/01/04/dak-prescott-accurate-deep-passers/

After my military service, I was a Postal Worker and then worked Security...it was convenient. I was a first responder and now work as Security for Citgo here in Corpus.

23 year Veteran; 17 Postal; and 5 years ERT/Security Officer

Enjoyed the talk and look forward to reading from your posts...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm originally from Corpus Christi, too. Left for the military after high school and just never went back. Small world. Yes, Prescott. As god is my witness I had the cowboys taking him in the 4rth round in several of my mock drafts. But I wanted him to sit and learn. He has been put into the perfect storm. I don't have that same confidence in him, yet. It was a sense of calm watching Romo against the eagles...just accurate missiles everywhere. The media loves Prescott but man...I like probably you, have watched every snap since 1970something. That ball is rarely in the air longer that 6 yards and that works just fine if elliott is running for 120! lol Just not sure how a shootout plays out...Rodgers and Matt Ryan and then Brady could bring that. Yes, the face is Prescott...but the body is elliott that line and that defense. The Cowboys are the total team concept at this point. But we'll see that's why we watch.
Factually you are incorrect about Dak throwing more than 6 yards rarely.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas get's absolutely slaughtered in that game without Romo's heroics. He was flat out legendary that game.
One of the best games ever played by a Dallas QB according to Staubach and others with half a brain.
yet, somehow, in a game where the other team never punted one time and his team scored 49 points, he managed to get blamed by some.
The all-time winner for football knowledge filter application...as Bill Belichick would say regarding some fans and Romo.

Oh well...very old and tired news.
Time for Dallas to kick some Green Bay tail.
That particular game has become my acid test for other people's football knowledge. It's understandable that some people have poor or no understanding how injuries happen. That's a K-12 deficit. However, understanding sports does not require diplomas, degrees or even a GED.

I've started shaking my head and walking away from any discussion where Romo receives anything above minimal criticism connected with that game. If it's impossible understanding how the defense played a huge part in not securing that win, it is equally impossible comprehending how a late interception wasn't the biggest reason in the loss.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
That particular game has become my acid test for other people's football knowledge. It's understandable that some people have poor or no understanding how injuries happen. That's a K-12 deficit. However, understanding sports does not require diplomas, degrees or even a GED.

I've started shaking my head and walking away from any discussion where Romo receives anything above minimal criticism connect with that game. If it's impossible understanding how the defense played a huge part in not securing that win, it is equally impossible comprehending how a late interception wasn't the biggest reason in the loss.
Like I've always said. Who on Dallas played better than he did that day? The answer 100% for sure is "no one. He was Dallas' best performer that day"
Maybe the best performer on either team.
When the coaches graded the film, he for sure graded out better than anyone else as he was probably an A+ (or an A at the absolute very worst) he was amazing that day.

Oh well. Yes...it's a great football perspective filter.

Tejas25

Reaction score
Factually you are incorrect about Dak throwing more than 6 yards rarely.
I don't think I am. There isn't really a stat on it so if you have that fact I'd like to see it. It's just what I watch every Sunday. I realize numbers indicate his yard per reception is higher than 6 yards. But I'll stand by "the ball is rarely in the air longer than six yards". Most of Beasley's routes are that 4 yard drag. He leads the the team in receptions. He dumps down to the backs...a lot. His deeper pass is typically that fake left roll right and hitting one of the receivers dragging across the field. Typically run that one once or twice a game. I did notice against Detroit it was in the air quite a bit longer. (but not quite sure where detroit was on that, regardless of the dallas game outcome they still had to beat GB the next week) I realize they are winning. I'm a Cowboys fan born and raised in Texas still fly down for a couple games a year for the past 20 years I have no vendetta. I'm thinking bigger picture it's difficult to consistently have long---many play drives like this. It's been a down year no really great teams so they have been living well. It's all irrelevant if Elliott runs for 120 a game and the defense gets 2 or 3 turnovers. It doesn't matter who is handing off the ball to him. But with this type of offensive scheme..it all needs to roll together.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't think I am. There isn't really a stat on it so if you have that fact I'd like to see it. It's just what I watch every Sunday. I realize numbers indicate his yard per reception is higher than 6 yards. But I'll stand by "the ball is rarely in the air longer than six yards". Most of Beasley's routes are that 4 yard drag. He leads the the team in receptions. He dumps down to the backs...a lot. His deeper pass is typically that fake left roll right and hitting one of the receivers dragging across the field. Typically run that one once or twice a game. I did notice against Detroit it was in the air quite a bit longer. (but not quite sure where detroit was on that, regardless of the dallas game outcome they still had to beat GB the next week) I realize they are winning. I'm a Cowboys fan born and raised in Texas still fly down for a couple games a year for the past 20 years I have no vendetta. I'm thinking bigger picture it's difficult to consistently have long---many play drives like this. It's been a down year no really great teams so they have been living well. It's all irrelevant if Elliott runs for 120 a game and the defense gets 2 or 3 turnovers. It doesn't matter who is handing off the ball to him. But with this type of offensive scheme..it all needs to roll together.
I don't have it in front of me but this is a stat that is kept these days.
They keeps stats on "air yards" or how many yards the ball is in the air before caught.
Dak's is surprisingly high, from what I recall.

One of our resident stats guys (probably @percyhoward) will help you out soon enough.

Tejas25

Reaction score

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There are stats on it. You are simply incorrect.