If this were the Cowboys, we'd be crucified!!!

Gent

Reaction score
Eli doesn't appear to be where his brother was at this stage. He has an accuracy problem. But, it's too early to say he's plateaued. Eli did throw 24 TDs last season. I think only Brady and Palmer threw more.

As for Barber, his past performance suggests that he could come close to last year's numbers if given the same number of carriers.

-Gent

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Gent said:
Eli doesn't appear to be where his brother was at this stage. He has an accuracy problem. But, it's too early to say he's plateaued. Eli did throw 24 TDs last season. I think only Brady and Palmer threw more.

As for Barber, his past performance suggests that he could come close to last year's numbers if given the same number of carriers.

-Gent

trust me his shedule didnt make it that hard

And barber is getting older, there's no certain fact that he can take that many carries year after year, He donest exactly give off that tough vibe, he reminds me of Shawn ALexnader, just maybe a little bit tougher, and a heart (got to give him that, Rediskins @ home)

31smackdown

Reaction score
Vintage said:
The Giants are in NY; the media hub of the US.

Of course, they aren't going to print anything negative about them. Not when there is a much easier target than Owens. Burress could kill someone and it wouldn't make front page news....because Owens would be on page 1, showing up to practice 5 minutes late.

Oh.. I'm pretty sure that the NY media will have plenty of fun with this. It was already mentioned on Sirius NFL radio this morning and I'm sure papers like the Post and Newsday will be more than happy to push the "rift" angle.

NY media certainly is not the type to cover up for their teams.. I mean have you heard one good thing about the Knicks in 3 years?

The reason you are just hearing about it now is because mini-camp just started and Burress and Shockey just came back from Florida

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
The Steelers didnt cut Burress. He was a Free Agent.

His point is well-taken, though.

I would imagine that Burress had a hard time watching his former teammates celebrating a world championship. He strikes me as the type that would be jealous, and not happy for his ex-mates.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Not to burst any bubbles, but the Giants won 11 games with Eli Manning playing poorly.

There defense with the pressure that Osi and Srahan puts on will keep them in games.

Tiki is as tuff as ever.

We better hope that Eli does not improve, because if he does they will be as tuff as anybody in the NFC for us.

thewivil

Reaction score
Big Dakota said:
If this were Bledsoe, with TO and Witten working out in Florida, and TO wouldn't talk to the press even when the organization wanted him too, we'd never hear the end of it, yet this is the first i've heard about ANY of this with the Gints.

Well, that's to be expected since Burress doesn't exactly have the same track record Owens does.

rdsknsbaby

Reaction score
well lets hope this can bring them down... just another team not to worry about if it does.