If Thomas want a two year deal, there is no reason why Dallas should pass

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Thats a short term, very manageable commitment.

I dont care if its 15 per. If Collins is getting 14, you gladly pay 15 for the best Safety in football and one of the best defenders in the NFL.

To me if you are passing on a short term commitment to Thomas, you arent being cost conscious. You simply arent making enough of an attempt to get better

Reaction score

I dont care if its 15 per. If Collins is getting 14, you gladly pay 15 for the best Safety in football and one of the best defenders in the NFL.

To me if you are passing on a short term commitment to Thomas, you arent being cost conscious. You simply arent making enough of an attempt to get better

Agreed. We can only hope upon hope that they are just waiting for the price to come down just a bit. And then they’ll bite.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Bingo.

Even if he gets injured and underwhelms. You are out from under his contract in two years.

It’s a risk but not a long term risk.

DO IT

ConceptCoop

Reaction score

If he'll sign for 30M/2, then he'll be a Cowboy. But he's not going to be a Cowboy.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I’d do two years but where is it being reported he wants a two year deal?

Isn't it common for elite players coming off of an injury, looking at their last big contract to prefer short-term contracts? (Sarcasm)

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Right now, for 2020 Dallas has $124 million of cap space. Of course, this is before any Dak, Amari, maybe Lawrence deals, but still.

Load most of ET's money into next year, give him a massive signing bonus to keep him happy in 2019, and let's roll.

Ddisco22

Reaction score

That's exactly the problem they know what the need is and all we need to do is get better at one position and free-agency.

it's not like they need a roster full

stiletto

Reaction score
Do it....you can always get creative with the salary cap within two years. I'd make it heavily incentive based too. If Earl Thomas plays 32 games, he will be in the pro bowl two years. Reward for that....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

We have dumb and dumber running this team, expecting rational and logical decision making is not happening.