If Thomas want a two year deal, there is no reason why Dallas should pass

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cap goes up and the market gets reset. Thats just how it goes. Safeties still dont make anything comparable to the Money 5 positions
Collins lets say, had his way with Dan Snyder today that was just grotesque lol...He got like what, 50 mil or more in guaranteed money...that's NUTS. ET is clearly the top safety in the league along with Berry. Collins isn't even in the same elite class as ET.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Its a 2 year contract and he is still in his prime. He will be in his prime the duration of the contract.

As for injuries, he had an unfortunate stroke of luck his last couple years. But he doesnt he doesnt have real lingering concerns
don't get me wrong, I want THOMAS if reports are true and he wants a 2 year deal. I am willing to do that. Its fair for all sides.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Collins lets say, had his way with Dan Snyder today that was just grotesque lol...He got like what, 50 mil or more in guaranteed money...that's NUTS. ET is clearly the top safety in the league along with Berry. Collins isn't even in the same elite class as ET.
But Mathieu got a similar AAV. The cap went up, so will salaries. Thats just how it goes.

Rayman70

Reaction score
remember the movie Indecent Proposal? Me thinks that's what happened today in Washington between Snyder and Collins.:omg:

cern

Reaction score
Broken legs are not hammies, or ligaments.
They end the season for that player. I don't differentiate as to kinds of injuries. Only that some are more prone to receive them. Lately (last 3 years) thomas has had a spate of them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats a short term, very manageable commitment.

I dont care if its 15 per. If Collins is getting 14, you gladly pay 15 for the best Safety in football and one of the best defenders in the NFL.

To me if you are passing on a short term commitment to Thomas, you arent being cost conscious. You simply arent making enough of an attempt to get better
But is he only looking for a short term deal?

Rayman70

Reaction score
They end the season for that player. I don't differentiate as to kinds of injuries. Only that some are more prone to receive them. Lately (last 3 years) thomas has had a spate of them.
that's my concern too.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
remember the movie Indecent Proposal? Me thinks that's what happened today in Washington between Snyder and Collins.:omg:
Thats just the new market for Safeties. If you thought you were getting an All Pro caliber Safety for 10 million AAV after the cap increase, you were in for a surprise.

Really has nothing to do with the Commanders or Collins

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Broken bones are more of a freak accident, than a trend. He got hit in some ugly angles and yeah... that happened.
It's not a degrading condition.

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
Just sign him already, Commanders and Eagles are dealing....Let's grab em now!!!