If Tom Brady came here because of this defense last season

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Chiefs lost because they refused to run the ball against a 3 man rush. The sacks were because no one was open and eventually Mahomes had to run around after a DL broke free. It wasn’t like Connor Williams getting beat at the snap.

It was like watching Kellen fall in love with his pass plays which is what’s been Andy Reid’s kryptonite at times since Philadelphia.
I agree. The Chiefs got pass happy even though all 3 of their RBs averaged at least 5.4 yards/carry or better. Their RBs rushed for 120 yards on 20 carries. That's a 6.0 average/carry. Andy Reid should get fired for abandoning the run when it was working so well when they did run the ball. I wish our Cowboys could have run that well all season long. Would have made a huge difference and much better results for sure. We wouldn't be complaining the past 2 weeks and ridiculously blaming everything on Dak.

People need to see the bigger picture as to WHY we failed and what could have given us better results.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And?

The Rams went all in this year and last year in overpaying for a bunch of top veteran players at many key positions. Good luck to them in the next year or two when they end up being in such a hole so deep, they will have to cut many of those key veterans while it will take years to not only rebuild the team but also balance out their salary cap.

Luuuulz.

“Heeeeeehaw, look at all that money the Rams spent! Good luck playing in the Super Bowl suckers. The Cowboys will be sitting at home counting all the money we saved!!!”

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's sad what you guys have turned this board into. Nonstop and nonsensical hate. Very sad.
hopeless-theres-no-hope.gif

nobody

Reaction score
Disagree. Dak has played against and read defenses well many times, especially in his early years. Just rewatch some of those first 4 seasons. Many fans would complain and refer to Dak as a dink-n-dunk QB who didn't have the talent to become an effective and accurate vertical passer (which he proved those naysayers wrong).

In recent years, this Offense has gotten away from a quick passing attack and gone much more vertical, thus more deep and longer developing routes. With this Oline's struggles to consistently give Dak and our WRs time needed, I don't understand why Kellen Moore didn't go back to a more quick striking Offense?

I find it inexplicable that Kellen keeps pulling a Garrett and moving away from what works for the personnel that he has. However, some of that is on Dak for not just changing it up and doing it. He's the QB and locked in his contract. It's not like Moore can bench him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I find it inexplicable that Kellen keeps pulling a Garrett and moving away from what works for the personnel that he has. However, some of that is on Dak for not just changing it up and doing it. He's the QB and locked in his contract. It's not like Moore can bench him.
Very true. I believe Dak is too buddy-buddy with Kellen Moore, plus Dak probably thinks much like Kellen in terms of going to a more vertical passing game. Dak even admitted late in the season after the loss to the Cardinals that he got greedy on a few deep passes on 3rd downs where he knew we had several WRs running shorter/quicker routes for the needed 1st down conversion to keep a drive or two alive. That crap needs to stop! There is a time to throw deep, but a majority of the time, passes need to be short & intermediate, especially if your Oline is struggling to run the ball or pass protect. The key is to get the 1st down, keep moving the sticks and get yourself into scoring position...instead of 1,2,3 failed plays...punt! :mad::mad::mad:

kskboys

Reaction score
Said it didn’t matter if Tom Brady came here because of this defense last season, what would you say now? I don’t think he would be retiring, the only difference is Moore would be gone next season as a HC and we would be…
Since our D was very mediocre, not sure what your point is.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Is this the part where we pretend everyone wants to be a Cowboy and is just waiting for Jerry to make the call?

Why the hell would Tom Brady want to come to the Jones's ****show franchise? He is all about winning SuperBowls ......... Jerry is all about making money.

GINeric

Reaction score
What a bunch of baloney.

According to PFF, the Rams Oline finished 2021 ranked 7th best overall. The Cowboys 1st.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-offensive-line-rankings

This after the Rams Offense finished ranked 9th best in total average (run+pass) compared to the Cowboys at 1st.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team...2/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/desc

So let's stop with the lies that the Rams had a poor Oline, which is not true. I've never seen such a "fan base" lie so much for other teams/players while berating its own.

You must understand... the weak coward *** Dak haters have to lie to make themselves feel like they matter. They ignore numbers and facts, then drop in their own lies. But when Dak plays well, the liars hide and disappear until Dallas lose again. Its the way of the weak.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If extraterrestrials came from outer space, took DNA from Roger and Troy and Meredith and combined them into a 6-4, 225 lb, tough as nails quarterback who could run like a running back the Cowboys would have won the SB.

But can we stick to reality, please?

kskboys

Reaction score
Said it didn’t matter if Tom Brady came here because of this defense last season, what would you say now? I don’t think he would be retiring, the only difference is Moore would be gone next season as a HC and we would be…
I would say that you are grossly overrating our D. How did you miss the fact that we can't stop the run? It was on full display vs SF.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I would say that you are grossly overrating our D. How did you miss the fact that we can't stop the run? It was on full display vs SF.

Three things:

1. Dallas was 16th in rushing yards per game and total rushing yards allowed. So, it's not like they are terrible at stopping the run, they gave up about 28 yards a game more than the best team, again, not terrible. It was average.
Does need improvement, of course. But the Steelers and the Chargers were the worst and the third to the worst in run defense last year and both made the playoffs, so poor run defense is not the death knell for a team. (Insert Dak sucks comment here, you know they will be along shortly)

2. We complain about the lack of run stopping by the DTs or a strong safety who can stuff the run, but Baltimore historically has a top run defense year after year, and obviously don't have the same personnel year after year. Our run defense coaching is, and has been, subpar. Don't see much attempt by Jerry to fix that.

3. How many times did the D make a run stop, only to have Gregory get a roughing call made against him, or a defensive secondary player get a holding call, etc.? That's under the control of the players to a large degree, in other words it's fixable.

Lots of room for the D to improve that doesn't involve the run D...

kskboys

Reaction score
Three things:

1. Dallas was 16th in rushing yards per game and total rushing yards allowed. So, it's not like they are terrible at stopping the run, they gave up about 28 yards a game more than the best team, again, not terrible. It was average.
Does need improvement, of course. But the Steelers and the Chargers were the worst and the third to the worst in run defense last year and both made the playoffs, so poor run defense is not the death knell for a team. (Insert Dak sucks comment here, you know they will be along shortly)

2. We complain about the lack of run stopping by the DTs or a strong safety who can stuff the run, but Baltimore historically has a top run defense year after year, and obviously don't have the same personnel year after year. Our run defense coaching is, and has been, subpar. Don't see much attempt by Jerry to fix that.

3. How many times did the D make a run stop, only to have Gregory get a roughing call made against him, or a defensive secondary player get a holding call, etc.? That's under the control of the players to a large degree, in other words it's fixable.

Lots of room for the D to improve that doesn't involve the run D...
1. It is a death knell in the playoffs.

You're only thinking about average to below average teams. If your goal isn't winning playoff games, then sure, our D is fine.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Tom Brady was never coming to Dallas. He could go anywhere he wanted, and had no reason to sign on to Jerry's circus.

Please don't tell me about money. He's got plenty of money, along with his wife. He's too smart to join these Cowboys.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
1. It is a death knell in the playoffs.

You're only thinking about average to below average teams. If your goal isn't winning playoff games, then sure, our D is fine.

Bengals gave up only 43 yards rushing in the SB, the Rams 79.

But the Rams won the game.

You missed my point. It was that the Cowboys' run defense wasn't "horrible", it was average, and just fixing the run defense alone won't bring this team to the SB, there are lots more things that need to be fixed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Bengals gave up only 43 yards rushing in the SB, the Rams 79.

But the Rams won the game.

You missed my point. It was that the Cowboys' run defense wasn't "horrible", it was average, and just fixing the run defense alone won't bring this team to the SB, there are lots more things that need to be fixed.
You missed my point. Their run D is why both teams got there. Yes, there is much to fix, but until we fix the DLine, none of it matters.