If we continue to win 12 games, we're fine!

Reaction score
We've won 36 games in the last 3 years without making big moves in free agency, why should we start now? With this kind of mindset, doing good is the right things to do, trying to get over the hump and getting a RING is the wrong thing to do! Please give your thoughts, 36 wins are a lot!!!
I agree with the practice of maintaining a good foundational base for your team, no roller coaster seasons one after another, BUT only with the added intent of working the roster to find championship level players at the impact positions. The Cowboys have found themselves a cozy third tier zone where they can feast on the crap teams (of which there are many) and just coast along. In reality their foundation (OL and DL) is riddled with mediocrity.

Carson

Reaction score
Please reference - Dallas Cowboys Dirty Dozen.
17 rounds, nearly 50 years ago. Not saying it cant be done. But I would expect 2 maybe 3 starters.

Best case if something like 2022. We nailed Smith, Bland played well but like Ferguson took off his second season.

Williams, Tolbert are going to likely play a lot this year but spent two years as depth.

Brax

Reaction score
We've won 36 games in the last 3 years without making big moves in free agency, why should we start now? With this kind of mindset, doing good is the right things to do, trying to get over the hump and getting a RING is the wrong thing to do! Please give your thoughts, 36 wins are a lot!!!
And what did those 36 wins get them? Low end draft picks, one and done playoff losses that got worse every season, the most embarrassing playoff loss last season in franchise history. Stats, Jerry’s tears, failure after failure yeah 36 wins and all that means is the division was weak and a team that win when it matters, glad you’re happy with all those wins and nothing to show for it except embarrassment and excuses

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The Jerry West conundrum.

Not good enough to compete for championships.

Not horrible enough to draft elite, franchise-changing players.

GMO415

Reaction score
Even if we were playing Washington and all these players were OUT, we'd get our butts kicked. These players will be OUT every game next year. 12 wins will be a miracle in 2024

DE | Dorance Armstrong

C | Tyler Biadasz

OL | Chuma Edoga

DE | Dante Fowler

DT | Neville Gallimore

CB | Stephon Gilmore

DT | Johnathan Hankins

RB | Tony Pollard

T | Tyron Smith

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Since 2010
Eagles 6 playoff wins and a Superbowl
Giants 5 playoff wins
Boys 3 playoff wins

Go Team Jerry!

1942willys

Reaction score
I highly doubt the Cowboys got to 36-15 since 2021 by only beating bad teams. Only the 37-14 Chiefs are better over this time span.
crapping the bed in the playoffs means those regular season wins are really small time

ArtClink

Reaction score
I could care less if we win 17 games if we continue the Jones tradition of choking in the playoffs.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You are clearly overlooking the level of competition on a majority of those wins.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At the end of the day those don't mean crap.

No one remembers your regular season record.

No one forgets what happens in the playoffs.
Without those wins, we don't even make the playoffs. Imagine how much fun we're gonna have around here when that happens.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
You are clearly overlooking the level of competition on a majority of those wins.
Trust me I'm not a lot of people in here are. I take the bad with everything in this team. For example we play a team that "should" be a win, I think the worst always!! Why because I've seen us lose to teams we should do good against, we play to the level of teams as if we can't help ourselves because we're so great and overlook teams