If we keep 3 QB's, Thorson VS. DiNucci

Who would be our 3rd QB, if we keep one

• Total voters

quickccc

Reaction score
And if they all impress? Guys like Jelks and Joe Jackson? Anae? You cutting them?

An impressive young QB with key tools ..vs bottom-roster fringe DL ?
You don't let those guys go that easily at that particular demanding position.

If circumstances causes differently, it can amount to trade capital in the distance future.

And if Bradlee Anae is everything he impressed at the Senior Bowl appearance, he shouldn't be
among those bottom fringe players like Joe Jackson or Jelk.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
An impressive young QB with key tools ..vs bottom-roster fringe DL ?
You don't let those guys go that easily at that particular demanding position.

If circumstances causes differently, it can amount to trade capital in the distance future.

And if Bradlee Anae is everything he impressed at the Senior Bowl appearance, he shouldn't be
among those bottom fringe players like Joe Jackson or Jelk.

He's a rookie. And I guess that's what it comes down to. I don't expect these "bottom-roster fringe" players to impress initially. Same goes for Dinucci. But what they have over Dinucci is that they are 2nd year pros except Anae. Armstrong, Jelks and Jackson.

If Dinucci looks like Tom Brady pt. 2 then yeah you need to relegate a roster spot to him. I just don't see it. A lot to ask for.

quickccc

Reaction score
He's a rookie. And I guess that's what it comes down to. I don't expect these "bottom-roster fringe" players to impress initially. Same goes for Dinucci. But what they have over Dinucci is that they are 2nd year pros except Anae. Armstrong, Jelks and Jackson.

If Dinucci looks like Tom Brady pt. 2 then yeah you need to relegate a roster spot to him. I just don't see it. A lot to ask for.

Romo was a rookie too ..but he is also playing the most demanding, most valuable position in the NFL.
and as evaluating coaches that decide on the final rosters vs practice squad, much has
to be decided upon what he shows as a rookie, and how much can or cannot be exposed.

But it comes down to what he actually does ..or does not show in the summer.
3rd string QB... practice squad .... or not even making any of the team at all.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But is it a true increase to 55. I thought that was they can pick 2 players from the PS to bring up on the roster for the week, then decide who is active or not.
I am not sure what that rule is.
The way I read it, it isn't a true 55, because those last two players are back on the squad following the game. However, 48 players are game active instead of 46, but 8 of those players must be offensive linemen or they don't get to have 48 active.
I thinks some teams will carry 3 QBs because of the recent risks. We would well to keep 3.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure, but weren't changes made regarding practice squads in latest cba? Changes that would protect our players more. Anyone.
The language of the CBA is like the US Constitution - broad in scope, but open to interpretation.
I haven't read anywhere about protection per se, but the two game day elevated players do not have to be replaced on the practice squad, which might mean they don't have to clear waivers to be put back on the squad. If i recall, there was always a lot of temporary names on the squad anytime someone was brought up to Active Roster for a game or two, and then returned to it once a regular starter returned.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The way I read it, it isn't a true 55, because those last two players are back on the squad following the game. However, 48 players are game active instead of 46, but 8 of those players must be offensive linemen or they don't get to have 48 active.
I thinks some teams will carry 3 QBs because of the recent risks. We would well to keep 3.

This is the way I thought it was also. The extra 2 players are basically a floating 2. They still need to cut down to 53 initially. Then hope the PS does not get poached. Which really does not happen all that often. Fans tend to over evaluate the rosters. Every year we thing we have depth and can make a trade before the season. It rarely happens, nor do teams scoop up our released players.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ben Dinucci is going to the PS. We are only keeping Dak and Dalton on the 54-man roster.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the way I thought it was also. The extra 2 players are basically a floating 2. They still need to cut down to 53 initially. Then hope the PS does not get poached. Which really does not happen all that often. Fans tend to over evaluate the rosters. Every year we thing we have depth and can make a trade before the season. It rarely happens, nor do teams scoop up our released players.
Very true. I can only recall a few times another team poached our practice squad for a decent player who turned into a starter. Their names elude me. :muttley:
We got a couple however!

rags

Reaction score
MM already knows Nooch, so he'll be QB #3. Thorson is just a body.