1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

If we let Dan Quinn go it will be a huge mistake

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DogFace, Jan 18, 2022.

1. IceStar-D7

IceStar-D7 Well-Known Member

4,475 Messages
    4,439 Likes Received
    Why keep a guy whose doing nothing versus a guy who turned your teams defense around...Makes no sense but what has made sense in Dallas the last 26 years?

2. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,935 Messages
    13,758 Likes Received
    I didn’t think he had said for sure he’d be back.

3. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,935 Messages
    13,758 Likes Received
    What would be your strategy at QB? HOF ers seem hard to find. What exactly should we do?

4. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

21,389 Messages
    23,056 Likes Received
    How?

5. Cydios

Cydios Well-Known Member

4,191 Messages
    3,946 Likes Received
    One could argue that the Dallas season was like a Dan Quinn game..

6. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,935 Messages
    13,758 Likes Received
    Well, maybe letting Jimmy go.

7. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

19,467 Messages
    17,425 Likes Received
    Yup....the fact he's interviewing in Denver today...should be a red flag to Jerry. Jerry doesn't understand he needs to fight to keep a good staff together. The analogy being pick pocketed....you gotta protect your wallet...Jerry is the guy with the wad of cash...flashing it everywhere....just asking to get rolled.

Jerry thinks finding good coaches is easy....that's his problem.

8. cowboysfan99

cowboysfan99 Well-Known Member

737 Messages
    1,193 Likes Received
    Well if letting Quinn go is a mistake then wouldn't letting a guy go who won a Super Bowl a few years later also be a mistake?

9. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

21,389 Messages
    23,056 Likes Received
    No, they would have had to fire Bill Parcells.

10. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

11,605 Messages
    14,301 Likes Received
    How? His unit did not show up against real teams. As usual. Did you see what his defense did in the biggest game of his career? Let a 28-3 lead slip away in 18 minutes. This "vaunted d line" got 0 sacks and got no real pressure on SF. They gave up points on 4 straight possessions.

We need an offensive minded coach in here. Quinn isn't even as good as Mike McCarthy as a head coach. He will forever be a retread hire.

11. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

7,267 Messages
    754 Likes Received
    Dan will get a job because he had success and he can assemble a staff. I doubt KM can assemble much of a staff. I see KM as more of a college coach.

12. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

33,950 Messages
    29,553 Likes Received
    Quinn hasn't said what he is doing because he is being interviewed by several teams. All we know is the Jones boys are committed to McCarthy next season.

13. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,935 Messages
    13,758 Likes Received
    I was talking Mcarthy. But ok. Guess he’s here to stay.

14. PAPPYDOG

PAPPYDOG There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!

15,379 Messages
    24,250 Likes Received
    We saw an improvement but then again we played a lot of dog teams and dog QB.
    Wouldn't be the end of the world if he left if we had an offense that could support our defense against playoff-caliber teams!

15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

27,851 Messages
    24,159 Likes Received
    Has anybody considered that maybe the Cowboys already tried this and Quinn said no?

Maybe Quinn feels a sense of loyalty to MM for hiring him and giving him a second chance in the league and taking the HC job out from under MM would be like stabbing him in the back. I mean its one thing for a HC to get fired in the middle of the season and a cooridinator takes over, see Garrett as an example. But its pretty rare for a HC to fired at the end of a season and a coordinator on staff is named the replacement. That usually doesnt happen in the NFL.

Just saying.

DogFace likes this.
  16. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

6,363 Messages
    3,911 Likes Received
    agree.

we should make him the HC.

DogFace likes this.
  17. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard

33,950 Messages
    29,553 Likes Received
    Why would you tell me what you are talking about as if I didn't know? I directly addressed what you are talking about by saying, "The Jones boys are committed to McCarthy being the HC next season". In your mind, was there something ambiguous about that comment?

18. baltcowboy

baltcowboy Well-Known Member

10,045 Messages
    11,224 Likes Received
    The defense was not great against quality teams. Parsons, Kearse and Diggs were the key to the defensive improvement. As long as we don’t hire Nolan or Richards, we should be fine.

19. DogFace

DogFace Carharris2

11,935 Messages
    13,758 Likes Received
    No. I get your commentary now. I didn’t read your 2nd sentence. Sorry.

What I was saying is I didn’t know they had made the decision about McCarthy yet. And I don’t think because Stephen said what he said means they have, but yeah, maybe you’re right.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022