If we lose tomorrow

kskboys

Reaction score
I thought McVay and his staff's playoff win story of tells on the defense and their alignments, and then Darnold's boasting of the Cowboys don't hide/disguise and do what they do...

And years and years of Marinelli's BBDB so called predictable defenses.

And now you're having a discussion with another fan who believes that everything should be dumbed down.

I mean...

Never mind

Go Cowboys
Don't understand what you're trying to say.

75boyz

Reaction score
do the entire NFL since 1996 the same exact way..lets find out the true Parity of the NFL not just the DC thats hollow stat given all the different coaches , players, and opponents..you will find many with the same issues..like a majority..

if you are unwilling to do the work on every teams w-l an coach changes then this is and empty stat used for personal narratives further complain about 25years lmao..

Negative.
With the Pats being the gold standard who of course stands alone.
But both the Steelers and Ravens sustained a consistent playoff worthy team for a decade during this era of Pats dominance.

The Packers made the playoffs consistently as did the Seahawks.

To compare the Cowboys to maintain the level of excellence that has been the Patriots may be unrealistic(although the Cowboys were once like them in earlier times, lol)and one thing.

But to have expectations along the same lines of the Steelers, Ravens, Packers or Seahawks for that time span not only is understandable but should be the minimum expectation.

To "contend" for championships is not asking too much at all.

I mean, isn't that why this former Packers HC was hired in the first place?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Negative.
With the Pats being the gold standard who of course stands alone.
But both the Steelers and Ravens sustained a consistent playoff worthy team for a decade during this era of Pats dominance.

The Packers made the playoffs consistently as did the Seahawks.

To compare the Cowboys to maintain the level of excellence that has been the Patriots may be unrealistic(although the Cowboys were once like them in earlier times, lol)and one thing.

But to have expectations along the same lines of the Steelers, Ravens, Packers or Seahawks for that time span not only is understandable but should be the minimum expectation.

To "contend" for championships is not asking too much at all.

I mean, isn't that why this former Packers HC was hired in the first place?
show me all 32 or nit picking doesnt work.. so YES

75boyz

Reaction score
show me all 32 or nit picking doesnt work.. so YES

Maybe not all 32 , hmmm... lemme see

Maybe just NFC

There's the infamous since 1996 the only 3 NFC teams not to make an NFC title game is the Washington team, Lions and Cowboys.

Or maybe the Rams being torn down and rebuilt and made a Superbowl.

Or even the Niners having done it twice within the last decade.

I mean if you're gonna respond with those impressive regular season wins over the last 4 or 5 years, you've sure got me there-Sarcasm On

Which particular nit picked team do Cowboy standards of winning apply to?

My bad.

Team on the rise no doubt as their last 25 year history proves- again Sarcasm

Go Cowboys

blueblood70

Reaction score
nope all data is needed to make a proper comp of where our teams and coaches compare to all 32 teams from 1996 until now..

if not its just more whining without data, INCOMPLETE DATA

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
There's the infamous since 1996 the only 3 NFC teams not to make an NFC title game is the Washington team, Lions and Cowboys.
And all other teams have gone to the NFC title game at least twice.

75boyz

Reaction score
nope all data is needed to make a proper comp of where our teams and coaches compare to all 32 teams from 1996 until now..

if not its just more whining without data, INCOMPLETE DATA

I'm not into doing the 31 team spreadsheet mean and median won/loss analysis at this point but my simple overview encapsulates enough pertinent data points to draw acceptable conclusions.

This team hasn't progressed past a divisional round playoff game in over 25 years.

Several other teams in both conferences who have gone through wholesale ownership, gm, coaching and roster changes have achieved far more on field success.
Sometimes starting all over again more than once(like the 9ers)

I'll leave the raw data work to you bro

Go Cowboys