If we make the playoffs is Garrett safe?

glimmerman

Reaction score
I have a feeling that JG may have been safe anyways. Unless we went 5-11 or worse. Linehan is next up. He may be gone at the end of this season anyways.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Garrett's job safe if we make the playoffs? If we don't make the playoffs he's likely gone...or is he?
Those answers are obvious if anyone saw Jerry Jones' face when the camera cut to him near and at the end of yesterday's game. Should the players begin wallowing during upcoming games and Garrett appears to have lost their trust and Jones' game day expression morphs completely 180 degree at some point? Well, that is something to pay close attention to.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I dont think anyone except Jerry and Stephen know for sure, but I think playoffs saves Garrett's job, but I think it takes the NFC championship game to save Linehan.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Heck No! Garrett should be fired right now. He is doing considerable damage with his lame 90s style playbook.

We could have easily put up 30 points against Atlanta. But because of vanilla playbook we are where we are at.

What got us here won't get us there. The cancer of this team is Garrett. We need to get rid of whats the major cause of lack of offensive production if we want to get better.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Garrett isn't going anywhere. And if he does, Jerry will find another inferior "yes" man to take his place. Nothing changes until the Jones' no longer own the team.

The Jones' will own the Dallas Cowboys for the rest of time. What are you gonna do about it?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Garrett is safe no matter what. People that are hoping and praying that we lose so he will be fired should get used to the idea, that Garrett is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will be given the East and save JG. Commanders just lost their QB, Ealgles don’t want to play they are still having SB hangovers and the Giant are probably to far behind.

WAS W
NO L
PHI W
IND toss up but just call it a L for the sake of argument
TB W that’s 8 for the Cowboys don’t see the other teams getting to 8
NYG Cowboys may be resting players and finish 8-8

That’s sad that 8-8 and more than likely a first round out will save a coaches job

Jake0

Reaction score
A 1st or 2nd round out better send him packing. He's already in a horrible state with the fans right now which is pretty much unrecoverable barring a super bowl win where it looks like coaching was a large factor in the playoff run.

Jerry can't ignore the elephant in the room which is the fan base's contempt for Garrett.

It was funny hearing the insane backlash immediately after hearing about the fake Garrett extension that Jerry had to address asap even after a big win vs the Jaguars.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I think we should get this guy to ask that question:

ObdWeTO.jpg

Vanilla2

Reaction score
When you ask this question

What is the playoff loss like in your head?

I’m sure a scenario can be thought of to support he outcome you want.

He only gets fired if Minnesota happens again

Pants

Reaction score
hard to say if he is safe since he shouldn't have been safe for years....JJ reads his tea leaves thru his filled JWB...so who knows....

without the dripping sarcasm, I would think he minimally needs a playoff appearance so that means that they have to win the division because there likely isn't a WC coming from the NFCE...it is hard to trust the "Riley" comments, but if JJ decides he wants a new posterboy, that could be him...perhaps as the OC with the understanding that if Garrett is HC to Riley's OC, that it is more of an assistant HC/OC gig....

I can't think about this now - more focused on thursday afternoon and getting from the wife's family gathering to my family gathering where I will watch the game