If we win the coin toss, should we defer or take the first possesion?

kramskoi

Reaction score
Take the ball...get up early and force the ball into the hands of Garoppolo with his bad thumb. You just have to play better defense than the Rams did in the second half. They were awful until late in the fourth quarter. Stafford didn't help with two interceptions...the last of which lost the game.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Take the ball since by the second half, we'll be resting our starters for the divisional round.

plasticman

Reaction score
I've never understood this idea of letting the defense set the tone. Other than extreme wind conditions favoring kicking first, I want the ball.

I want the defense to make it's first appearance ahead by 7 points. That creates pressure for the opponent offense right from the start.

uvaballa

Reaction score
The offense tends to start off slow (hopefully not in the playoffs) so I would defer.

darealvelle

Reaction score
Against a non passing team, I say get the ball first and make Jimmy try to go toe to toe with our aerial assault.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Be gracious hosts and choose to kick. That way the 49ers can have the ball first both halfs.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Defer…but I also understand Dallas wanting to get the lead. San Fran plays better leading.