If/When Dak reups, what do you think he's worth and that would make you happy?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I pay him nothing. Time to move on.

"Look Dak, we need to talk. You are a nice person, but we are just no longer interested in moving further with you. I know how hard this is, but we will always have our memories. They were filled with some highs and some lows, but it's just time for a new chapter in our lives. We appreciate the time we had together and the whole. ..... 2 playoff wins......you gave us, but it's best that we just go our separate ways from here. I'm interested in seeing somebody new. Look, it's not you, it's me, at this point we're just.........no, nevermind, it is you. Good luck!"
Lol...Sounds like you have given this speech a few times :)

tomokawan

Reaction score
I think he'll get top 5 money but from another team.

Had stacked rosters in 2016, 2018, and 2023 and it still wasn't enough. I don't see us fielding rosters better than those teams in the immediate future especially with big contracts coming us.
2016 he was a rookie, 2018 and 2023 were not a stacked rosters. Both had big holes on defense. Those rosters were not stacked. Good rosters but big holes.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
I'd love to do a poll on this but I don't know how (don't think I can).

I know, as a fan, I would LOVE IT if Dak would take a mediocre deal but that's not realistic.

So, what is the price point that you'd be happy at, that you think is fair.

What do you think Dak is worth?
a.) Nothing. He should be off the team. Full Send.
b.) Mediocre "Back-up" money. $5mm-10mm a year.
c.) Average QB money. $22mm - 30mm a year
d.) Top 15 money. $45mm a year
e.) Top 5 money. $52mm a year
f.) He should reset the market. $55mm + a year.
Give him a contract like Kirk Cousins just got from Atlanta. They are on the same level.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Give him a contract like Kirk Cousins just got from Atlanta. They are on the same level.
No problem offering Dak a similar contract. But Cousins was a free agent and accepted the deal he liked the most. Dak isn’t going to sign until he’s a free agent, and like Cousins, will sign the deal he likes most. There is a possibility another team will offer Dak more than the deal Atlanta gave Cousins.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I want to see Dak hit Free Agency...but would prefer to see it with numerous teams that have cash and have a decent squad go into a bidding war.

I want to see what Dak is worth on the open market amongst a number of teams that have cash and a decent squad.

Would really like to see where his figure goes up to. Unless him requesting 60M now kills any future deals going above that. I assume if he balls out next year he can ask for even more from teams.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'll be happy to see him gone like garrett. They both are the same, no difference. sheesh.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That is the top end I would pay. He makes more off the field than on it. So he doesn't need to be the highest paid QB.

Give the team and break and give them some room to sign some FA's.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The majority of this fan base won’t be happy until he’s gone.

Redline360

Reaction score
Honestly don't care I'd he signs for a dollar. He's done put a fork in him

Product or his environment and being surronded by one of the top OLs, multiple 1k recievers, primer rushing game, above average te's, much improved defense, top tier turnover defenses last 3 year...and some years having multiple of these combined or damn near all

Would be an actual debate if he's played good / average in the playoffs and the rest of the talent around him needed improving but he's been one of the MAJOR problems in the post season. Historically bad

Practically Cousins 2.0 stat wise however has had vastly superior teams around him his entire career

But wait he finished 2nd in mvp votes with Zero first place votes so thst must mean something to the fantasy football stat chasers

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd love to do a poll on this but I don't know how (don't think I can).

I know, as a fan, I would LOVE IT if Dak would take a mediocre deal but that's not realistic.

What do you think Dak is worth?
a.) Nothing. He should be off the team. Full Send.
b.) Mediocre "Back-up" money. $5mm-10mm a year.
d.) Top 15 money. $45mm a year
e.) Top 5 money. $52mm a year
f.) He should reset the market. $55mm + a year.
1 million per year plus 100M per Super Bowl win...