If/When Dak reups, what do you think he's worth and that would make you happy?

Tussinman

Reaction score
I think he'll get top 5 money but from another team.

Had stacked rosters in 2016, 2018, and 2023 and it still wasn't enough. I don't see us fielding rosters better than those teams in the immediate future especially with big contracts coming us.

Chasing6

Reaction score
a.) I believe he’s a more than capable NFL quarterback, but it’s time to move on. It’s best for him and best for the Cowboys.
I don't have a problem with that at all. My problem is GM has no replacement plan. He never does and that is why we are even in this situation.

We should have been able to trade him and could have rebuild.

No reason to resign CD with no QB. Best bet moving forward is to trade CD and get a QB.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Personally 30/year. Realistically about what Cousins got 45/year. But what I think he'll get from the Jonses is 60/year.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He’ll get his new contract with his next team. I don’t care about his money.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

Teams are built to win in their division first.

So you want him to play like crap against his division, miss the playoffs and beat SB teams in the regular season?
Read it again ...... that is not what I said and you know it

Chasing6

Reaction score
a.) I believe he’s a more than capable NFL quarterback, but it’s time to move on. It’s best for him and best for the Cowboys.
Bottom line regardless of QB, this team is not built to win.

Number 1 priority last year was to fix our run game according to McCarthy and we did absolutely nothing to improve that. We traded for a WR and a CB.

Had an opportunity to draft O'Cyrus in round 2
and past for a TE.

I am sure that is what McCarthy had in mind when he said we need to fix the run game.

Now we can't run or stop the run. It has become evident to everyone we are not a physical team. So the plan now is to get bigger.

So far we have done worse than nothing in free agency to get bigger. We are actually smaller than last years team at this point.

However, Dak and McCarthy are on the hot seat for a prove it year. No one is buying this BS.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I
I'd love to do a poll on this but I don't know how (don't think I can).

I know, as a fan, I would LOVE IT if Dak would take a mediocre deal but that's not realistic.

So, what is the price point that you'd be happy at, that you think is fair.

What do you think Dak is worth?
a.) Nothing. He should be off the team. Full Send.
b.) Mediocre "Back-up" money. $5mm-10mm a year.
c.) Average QB money. $22mm - 30mm a year
d.) Top 15 money. $45mm a year
e.) Top 5 money. $52mm a year
f.) He should reset the market. $55mm + a year.
I could live with 40m a year.
That would be a home town discount.
I don't think he will do it though.
The Jones really blew it when they had him on a rookie deal for several years and did not build a great team around him when they had the extra money.
That and keeping Garrett as HC.
What a clown show!

nobody

Reaction score
A or B. He chokes when it matters most. At best he's a regular season QB that should be replaced in the playoffs. He'd make a phenomenal backup unless it is the playoffs.

Jimcz

Reaction score
I don't get it..we all know dak can't get the cowboys to the s/b so why would we keep him? Why waste more money on this guy what is going to change?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak's value will plummet after this year if he does not sign a contract with Dallas before TC. We have an incredibly tough schedule and he will not be getting to face the worst pass defense schedule in the league like he did last year. We've done nothing to get better, have only gotten worse actually so he's in for a big drop-off.

Blackrain

Reaction score
If he's good enough to overcome Jerry and this culture and lead this group of men to a championship he should reset the market.

If he's not it doesn't matter what you pay him the results will always be the same.

Looks like Jerry is going to test his ability to carry the team and see what he can do with very little to work with before he makes a decision on what he should pay him or if he should let him go and not pay him at all.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If he's good enough to overcome Jerry and this culture and lead this group of men to a championship he should reset the market.

If he's not it doesn't matter what you pay him the results will always be the same.

Looks like Jerry is going to test his ability to carry the team and see what he can do with very little to work with before he makes a decision on what he should pay him or if he should let him go and not pay him at all.
He's not. He's already proven it over and over again.

Blackrain

Reaction score
He's not. He's already proven it over and over again.
Yeah if I didn't know better I think Jerry was so pissed off about that playoff game against Green Bay that he's become a little vindictive.

Almost looks like he's giving Dak absolutely nothing to work with on purpose so he will have a rough season and struggle getting a big contract somewhere else.

It's funny you throw a bunch of interceptions because you got nobody to throw to and everybody's covered because you have no running game and all of a sudden the whole topic of leading the league in interceptions comes up again.

Never know Jerry could be getting spiteful in his old age and setting Dak up to fail because he feels like Dak is playing too much hardball with him

Creeper

Reaction score
Dak is a top 15 QB. To me that means he can get the job done but he needs talent around him. Right now I think there is only 1 QB who can get it done without a great team around him and that is Mahomes. But even Mahomes needed a top defense this year to win it all.

If I was going to re-sign Dak, I would give him $45 million with incentives if he wins the NFCC and more if he wins the Super Bowl. But why would Dak take a deal like that after watching Jerry sit on his hands in the off-season? I think Dak knows 2024 is going to be a struggled because Jerry has done nothing to improve the team. In fact, cutting Gallup and letting so many players leave via free agency has left this team much weaker than last year when they got blown out by the upstart Green Bay Packers. At this point Dak will look for more money because he see Jerry not really going all in to win.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
Brock Purdy has proven to be better so whatever Brock made this year ;)

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It’s weird with Dak.

I don’t want to overpay. Top 5 money is where is should be because of an ascending market

But I know he gets something like 3 years, $200 million on the market
Nobody is paying him close to $70 million per on the market.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If you’re a top 13ish QB under 33, the answer will always be F. Kirk Cousins when he was around Dak’s age became the highest paid QB in the history of organized football. Dak will be no different, whether it’s with the Cowboys or the Raiders