If/When Dak reups, what do you think he's worth and that would make you happy?

fivetwos

Reaction score
The big question is how much endorsement money does he lose if he isn’t a Dallas Cowboy.

We don’t know that answer, but Jerry does, and he expects a discount this time. Promise.

John813

Reaction score
E

But lets be real. If every player took a discount, do you think this front office would actually do anything or just play with cap hits to always look tight vs the cap?
The Cowboys don't sign top or even mid tier free agents.
This year they don't even sign bottom barrel free agents. Outside of Kendrick getting a change of heart, they've done nothing.

Why should a player take a discount? The Front office shows year after year they won't take advantage of their core on rookie contracts.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
A. Dak is not a bad player. I also don't think he is a great player. Normally that's not an issue but he wants to be paid like he is the best player. I don't blame him for wanting to get the most money he can but I don't think that's best for the team. I don't think we will ever win a Super Bowl with him as he isn't the kind of player who improves with the pressure of playoffs. That's just my opinion of course. So, as I don't see us winning a Super Bowl with him there's no reason to keep him around and play him roughly 1/4 of the salary cap.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I pay him nothing. Time to move on.

"Look Dak, we need to talk. You are a nice person, but we are just no longer interested in moving further with you. I know how hard this is, but we will always have our memories. They were filled with some highs and some lows, but it's just time for a new chapter in our lives. We appreciate the time we had together and the whole. ..... 2 playoff wins......you gave us, but it's best that we just go our separate ways from here. I'm interested in seeing somebody new. Look, it's not you, it's me, at this point we're just.........no, nevermind, it is you. Good luck!"

Sandyf

Reaction score
F for me. He really is resetting the market for one year because another QB will reset it next year. I don't want to go another 10 years of had beens and crappy backups before we have another winning season. Sure I want to win in the playoffs but until you get a good running game and a defense that's plays great defense in the playoffs then you're not winning playoffs anyway.

The Dak haters are the same Romo haters, the Danny White haters, even the Aikman haters after his 1st 2 seasons, and on and on. If the Cowboy QB doesn't win the Super Bowl every year then he is no good. Sorry, a team that wins every year is fantasy land even for Mahomes.

A 12-5 team every year is far better than 8-9 every year and hoping you hit on a QB .

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Is that what i said or did I say I think he will get 60/year? You'd know if you read the whole sentence.
I responded to the whole sentence. You put a period at the end of a statement, so that was the sentence I responded to.

"Realistically about what Cousins got 45/year."

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I responded to the whole sentence. You put a period at the end of a statement, so that was the sentence I responded to.

"Realistically about what Cousins got 45/year."
Go back and read what I said. Keep reading till it sinks in. Maybe have some one read it for you and use smaller words till you understand it. Completely up to you. But your comment was 100% nonsense since I said he's likely to get 60.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
There’s no way to answer this honestly, because there are two options at play in reality -

1 - Dallas pays him a bunch of money. Top-5 QB money.

2 - Some other team pays him a bunch of money. Top-5 QB money.

I would prefer for the latter to happen. But there is not a chance he signs for average QB money with any team. Teams are giving guys like Kirk Cousins big contracts. Teams are having QB competitions between guys like Russell Wilson and Justin Fields. Baker Mayfield just got a $100m contract. Some team would pay Dak a lot of money.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Nothing. He's broken. Can't be fixed here. Maybe he can go someplace less high profile and start over.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Cousins didn't get any market setting offer. Neither did Carr. Or Jones.

Why is it a given that Dak would? He's not markedly better than any of those guys.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak Prescott since 2021, and his NFL rank in each category:

W-L: 31-14, 5th
Completion %: 68.4, 2nd
Pass TD's: 96, 3rd
Passer Rating: 101.6, 1st

Now, I know that playoff results are ultimately all that matters, but it's a virtual certainty the Cowboys cannot replace that kind of production, at least not for the near future, if Dak walks. And these numbers mean that if the Cowboys don't pay Dak, somebody else will.

It's a real tough situation for Dallas.