If you could bring back one past player from the Cowboys, who would it be?

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
We need DE help in this hypothetical.

On defense, Harvey Martin is his prime. A dominating speed pass rusher with 4.5 speed.

Too Tall Jones 6'9" with the largest wingspan in history. He blocked more passes and caused more INT's than anyone in history. His 1981 D-line caused 37 INT's!!!!!!!

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
We need DE help in this hypothetical.

On defense, Harvey Martin is his prime. A dominating speed pass rusher with 4.5 speed.

Too Tall Jones 6'9" with the largest wingspan in history. He blocked more passes and caused more INT's than anyone in history. His 1981 D-line caused 37 INT's!!!!!!!

Two vastly underrated players!

I would pick Woodson on D, Staubach on O.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Ed “Too Tall” Jones. Hey we need an end. He can even block fgs too. So give him the nudge over Haley.

Staubach (Troy is very close). With today’s QB protection rules either would be a beast. I give the extra nod to Rodger for his mobility.

lockster

Reaction score
This is a fun exercise and thought it might make a cool debate.

If you could bring back one past player from the Cowboys and inject him into this year's team in his prime for this season only, who would it be?

As I mulled over the question, a lot of guys came to mind. I thought about the QBs of the past and while I would love to see Aikman's surgical accuracy with this team, I don't think we gain that much improvement.

I would love to see Michael Irvin back, but WR is already a strenght.

There are a lot of great linemen in Cowboys' past, but our line is already good.

So for me it came down to four possibilities:

Charles Haley
Demarcus Ware
Darren Woodson
Deion Sanders

And I decided on Sanders. I know we added a lot to the QB room, but I think Sanders locking down one side of the field would be lot of fun to watch.
Randy white
Darren Woodson
Larry Allen
Erik Williams
Charles Haley.
One of these five for me. Maybe Roger staubach

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s so
Tough.

With modern NFL rules and this supporting cast. Aikman would absolutely eviscerate defenses. I mean just annihilate them. He would put up MVP numbers every year.

A prime Demarcus Ware could also put the team over the top having him opppsite Lawrence. The pass rush would be incredible.

I think if you add either player, the team wins a Super Bowl.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
OP asked for just one player. So many of you have such a hard time with narrowing your pick down to just one player. Not one offense and one defense. Just one player. No compromise. Just one player. C'mon people, that's what makes this thread so fun. I admit it can be a hard decision. Who is your one player to bring back to this team in his prime of playing ability?