If You Could Choose 1 Player In Cowboys History, In Their Absolute Prime To Add To Today's Team

phildadon86

Reaction score
Who you choosing?

I think with our current team I'm taking Deion and letting him take the other teams best WR out of the game while Diggs ball hawks around with the QB throwing to the leftovers.
Love that pick.

I think I’m going with Erik Williams pre car accident.

I want someone on this team that other teams actually fear. Currently I think parsons may be the only one. And I think the culture is already rubbing off on him.

Can I say Tom Landry? Haha

Blackrain

Reaction score
Who you choosing?

I think with our current team I'm taking Deion and letting him take the other teams best WR out of the game while Diggs ball hawks around with the QB throwing to the leftovers.
Bad choice mountaineer who needs a money hungry mercenary diva.

There is only one choice Roger Staubach.
He would have the same effect on the team that Tom Brady had on Tampa Bay.

The only man in cowboy history with a true aura of invincibility that made his team play above their heads at all times because they always believed if there was time on the clock and he was in the game there was always a chance to win.

To make this post complete you need to add a coach and that would be Tom Landry a guy who flew bombing missions in world war II and commanded the ultimate in respect from his players.

Deion Sanders is a kitty cat compared to these men.
What this team needs is real men who are leaders and start the way they intend to finish and are capable of finishing the job

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
Agreed.

I also think Staubach in his prime would be good in today's NFL.
A two time Super Bowl champion. Super Bowl MVP. At the time of his retirement he was the highest rated quarterback in league history.

With the rules today favoring the passing game and protecting the quarterback, he would go absolutely nuts.

Blackrain

Reaction score
A two time Super Bowl champion. Super Bowl MVP. At the time of his retirement he was the highest rated quarterback in league history.

With the rules today favoring the passing game and protecting the quarterback, he would go absolutely nuts.
Roger would have been able to play into his mid 40s with this pansy League we have now.
He would have absolutely dominated.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Don't forget the legs....he had em.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Probably Michael Irvin. Not that the team needs a receiver. The team needs someone to hold everyone accountable, though. Michael Irvin would make everyone practice hard. He even made sure everyone got a haircut in the right order.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Probably Michael Irvin. Not that the team needs a receiver. The team needs someone to hold everyone accountable, though. Michael Irvin would make everyone practice hard. He even made sure everyone got a haircut in the right order.
If that's the mindset then I would go probably with Aikman over Irvin.

You get the same accountability, even more so probably, plus fill a need on the team.

2 birds with 1 stone.