If you could pick any two players in the first round of next year's draft?

Henson7

Reaction score
since it seems we're gonna have two top 10 picks in next year's draft please reply with two players you'll like to see us get (any two). Just wanted to see what most of you think we're lacking and also how you rate college players. i'll get the ball rolling...Antrell Rolle and Mike Williams

Put Henson In

Reaction score
DJ, Braylon Edwards. Braylon is MUCH better than Williams in my opinion. Just watch the highlights of UofM/MSU.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Tough Question. It would be hard to answer without knowing a couple of things. One is Julius the guy?

If not, then I take Carnell Williams for sure.

Next is what we do in FA?

IMO the best players in next years draft are -
Mike Williams
Erasmus James
Cadillac Williams
Braylon Edwards
A. Rolle
D. Johnson

I would take any 2 of these guys, but I will have a much more solidified opinion when I know what we do in FA.

Roughneck

Reaction score
Put Henson In said:
DJ, Braylon Edwards. Braylon is MUCH better than Williams in my opinion. Just watch the highlights of UofM/MSU.
No doubt Edwards is an amazing player and a guy any team would be lucky to have but I've seen him drop too many easy throws to put him ahead of a Superfreak like Williams.

JR HELFRICK

Reaction score
Mike Williams, then the top rated pass rusher in college whom ever that may be by draft day. I believe a good corner will come in FA.

Champsheart

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
David Pollack and Derrick Johnson.

Pollack???????????????

This guy is way over-rated.
I have been watching him for 3 years now, and he will not make it in the NFL. He will get dominated, and does not have the physical tools to do anything about it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Antrel Rolle and Braylon Edwards.

If we draft a bit lower I like Pollack a lot. He definitely has the physical tools to excel. He also plays hard every down. Had 2 more sacks today against a good Florida OL and QB combo.

I like Edwards better than Mike Williams. I think he is the more developed player.

Rolle is the best Cb I have seen in a while. Granted Miami isnt as good on defense as they have been but its not his fault.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Mike Williams and Mathias Kiwanuka

Be pretty happy with Derrick Johnson, Antrel Rolle, Rod Wright, or Antaaj Hawthorne.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Henson7 said:
since it seems we're gonna have two top 10 picks in next year's draft please reply with two players you'll like to see us get (any two). Just wanted to see what most of you think we're lacking and also how you rate college players. i'll get the ball rolling...Antrell Rolle and Mike Williams
Uhhhhhhhhhh

speedkilz88

Reaction score
DT Rodrique Wright and DE Mathias Kiwanuka, that way we finally would have a dominant front that can stop the run and rush the heck out of the qb.

But CB Antrel Rolle, WR Mike Williams, DT Anttaj Hawthorne, WR Braylon Edwards, and maybe(latter pick) WR Chis Henry would be pretty good picks also.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Champsheart said:
Pollack???????????????

This guy is way over-rated.
I have been watching him for 3 years now, and he will not make it in the NFL. He will get dominated, and does not have the physical tools to do anything about it.

If I was you I would go for a defensive end...and he is the highest rated one right now.

Plus...he looked pretty good today.

Derrick Johnson and Rolle would be my 1-2 in general.

I would trade our first three picks for Johnson...(1st and 2 2nds to get around pick 8. Throw in a 3rd to sweaten the pot). He looks great and WLB is a position of need of some serious improvement.

Like what the Patriots were thinking about doing to trade up for Sean Taylor last season.

Right now he is the only guy in the draft I would trade up for...

ghettogandhi

Reaction score
I draft Rolle and Derrick Johnson and then sign a free agent dt or de like abraham or ellis or rogers etc and the defense will again be top 5

with the rest of the draft take the best player- maybe a rb in round 2 or 3 and a wr in round 2 or 3 - best value of course

Champsheart

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
If I was you I would go for a defensive end...and he is the highest rated one right now.

Plus...he looked pretty good today.

Derrick Johnson and Rolle would be my 1-2 in general.

I would trade our first three picks for Johnson...(1st and 2 2nds to get around pick 8. Throw in a 3rd to sweaten the pot). He looks great and WLB is a position of need of some serious improvement.

Like what the Patriots were thinking about doing to trade up for Sean Taylor last season.

Right now he is the only guy in the draft I would trade up for...

I definetly agree we need a dominant DE, but Pollack ain't it. There are a couple in FA this year, but if we drafted one give me Erasmus James. I could care less were mocks have them rated. After seeing them both play James is going to be a much more effective DE on the Pro Level.
I have not seen the kid from Boston College play except for about a half, so he could be up there as well.

I fully believe though if you have picks in the top 5-10 you do not ever draft for need. Take the best dang playmaker!!!!