If You Don't Have Great A Great QB You Better Search Until You Find It

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
As much as I love Mahomes and want to give him all the credit he deserves, it's too simplistic to say that the game was decided by the difference between he & Purdy.

Purdy played a really good game and did not lose the game. It was a game that was so close that a few plays determined the outcome. The punt that struck the 49er & was recoved by KC was quite possibly THE play that turned the game.

You could also argue that SF's injury woes aided their demise.

All in all, two really good teams who fought all the way.

wecasa

Reaction score
Mahomes is fantastic but giving him all the credit is a bit lazy.

The Chiefs defense held a very good Niners offense to 19 points in the regulation. After giving up 10 points on the road to the Ravens.

Meanwhile, our defense keeps giving up 21 points in the first quarter of the playoffs. lol
Just like mahomes makes the offense great. Chris Jones makes the defense great. Pair him up with that line backer group they have and secondary and there's the winning formula. No big name edge player, just a dt that can push thr middle, corners that cover and everyone can tackle.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
What’s easier to find?

A great QB or an outlier?
I'm not sure what you mean by outlier?

Let me be clear, I am all for trying to find the absolute stud QB. I'm simply saying you can accomplish the mission with one who is a tick below that if you get everything else right.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Are you suggesting we try the outlier route instead of the great QB route?

What do you thinks easier to find?

At this point. I am trying to move Parsons to get Maye. Dak has a no trade so we have no shot at moving him to anyone with a high draft pick.

Drake Maye is going to be special.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
As much as I love Mahomes and want to give him all the credit he deserves, it's too simplistic to say that the game was decided by the difference between he & Purdy.

Purdy played a really good game and did not lose the game. It was a game that was so close that a few plays determined the outcome. The punt that struck the 49er & was recoved by KC was quite possibly THE play that turned the game.

You could also argue that SF's injury woes aided their demise.

All in all, two really good teams who fought all the way.
Special team failures played a big role in the outcome.

For anyone to suggest it's just the QB is to show they don't understand football.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
At this point. I am trying to move Parsons to get Maye. Dak has a no trade so we have no shot at moving him to anyone with a high draft pick.

Drake Maye is going to be special.
Just got to get out from Dak one way or another. Bench him to make him waive the clause or bite the bullet and eat the cap hit by cutting him in June.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by outlier?

Let me be clear, I am all for trying to find the absolute stud QB. I'm simply saying you can accomplish the mission with one who is a tick below that if you get everything else right.
You can win the lottery too, but planning on winning the lottery is foolish.

rags747

Reaction score
Maybe Lance is that next great qb. Problem is that we most likely will never find out. I’m 100% for finding out this year. Staying the same is just running in a rut. Something new needs to happen.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Chiefs and Mahomes won, and the 49ers and Purdy lost, because a punt hit a guy’s foot and a kicker missed a XP. The attempts to create narratives to fit people’s personal hobby horses are so, so tiresome.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The amazing thing about Mahomes is he now has two Super Bowls w/o Tyree Hill, one of the game's best WR. He is the definition of carrying a team on his back.
They traded away Hill despite Hill being one of the top 2-3 WRs in the NFL because they knew they couldn't have a top paid QB AND a Top paid WR. Turns out it was a smart move and a move they HAD to make.

Packers did the same thing that same offseason trading away Davonte Adams. Didn't work out so well for them in the short run.

Difference? Mahomes is better than Rodgers.

rambo2

Reaction score
And yet even on your list 3 of those 4 were first round picks. Foles was a 3rd.

Yet we have only drafted 1 QB in rounds 1-3 in over 30 years and none in the 1st.

Brilliant strategy Jerry, brilliant!
They have a first rounder on the team now.

Ken

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter how good of a roster you have around you.

It doesn’t matter how equal everything is.

It doesn’t matter who your coaches are.

In the modern day NFL if you don’t have great QB play you have nothing.

Purdy couldn’t have had a better roster around him, the same with a Jimmy G a few years ago. They both failed to the same man.

Mahomes has 3 playoff loses. Those are against Brady and Burrow.
*If you don't have Mahomes, you better search until you find him

Fixed the title for you.

1942willys

Reaction score
Those are outliers. The vast majority of SB QB winners were high draft picks.

Your attempt to use outliers to disprove the rule is ridiculous.
Blind I see
The contention is that you need a great QB to win the SB
I showed that is not true

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

The Chiefs defense held a very good Niners offense to 19 points in the regulation. After giving up 10 points on the road to the Ravens.

Meanwhile, our defense keeps giving up 21 points in the first quarter of the playoffs. lol
21 points in the first quarter? The game against GB at the end of the first quarter the score was 7-0. At the end of the second quarter the score was 27 - 7. That's with 2 INT's one of which was a pick 6. So 16 points came off 2 turn overs that if it wasn't the case would have kept the score at 13 - 7 with the Cowboys getting the ball back to start the 3rd quarter.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
What’s easier to find?

I think it's easier to find the outlier because almost every QB is an outlier. The problem is not recognizing the outlier for what he is and then straddling the team with a contract that he will never live up to. Dak is payed like a QB who is a difference maker. But let's face it, against the better competitions and better defenses he isn't a difference maker.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

HOmmes didnt gift them 14 free points either.

Creeper

Reaction score
Patrick Mahomes is one of a kind. If the plan is to go find the next Patrick Mahomes then be prepared for years of disappointment. Look at all the QBs drafting since 2000. There were 294 of them. Out of that group, only 10 have won a Super Bowl. Brady won 7 and Mahomes has now won 3. The concept is great. Go get a Patrick Mahomes and win Super Bowls. But 32 teams try this every year. It turns out there just aren't that many Bradys and Mahomes out there in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.