If you fans are in Sir Jerry's place and a player kneels during the anthem

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What do you do?
I would sit that player for one game, no matter who he or she is, and say next time you might sit 6 games.
Or do fans take your bombastic anthem not as seriously?

Section446

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd be disappointed, but I'd respect the players decision to do whatever they see fit. Personally, I'll always stop whatever I'm doing (including taking a piss) and pay my respects to the greatest country in the history of man (next to the great country of Texas).

Phoenix

Reaction score
some knucklehead sits for the National Anthem. From our Dallas Cowboys.

You are Jerry.

What do you do?

Me - whoever does that, is cut, next day. I don't care who it was. The organization is far more important in the long run than some idiot protesting on company time, against the greatness of this nation that let the moron get to this level.

Sigh.

I think I might be boycotting the NFL all year because of these idiots making millions trying to say how hard they have it. Unreal. Go to North Korea if you can't honor your country that gave you all you have.

I am sick of it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
some knucklehead sits for the National Anthem. From our Dallas Cowboys.

You are Jerry.

What do you do?

Me - whoever does that, is cut, next day. I don't care who it was. The organization is far more important in the long run than some idiot protesting on company time, against the greatness of this nation that let the moron get to this level.

Sigh.

I think I might be boycotting the NFL all year because of these idiots making millions trying to say how hard they have it. Unreal. Go to North Korea if you can't honor your country that gave you all you have.

I am sick of it.
I don't like it either, they can be just as vocal without dissing the anthem. That being said, Jerry won't cut anyone, not good for business. I will still watch, tv stations will eventually stop showing them sitting. That's not good for business either.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I can certainly appreciate your view concerning this, while some might consider this minor or insignificant in the grand scheme and others construe it as a powerful personal statement , my friend I really can't or don't want to play the hypotheticals ,,, it should be whatever Jerry sez',,,final answer.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Honestly, I'd go about business like it's not a big deal.

News stories don't need to be published, and it doesn't need to be talked about on First Take or Undisputed.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I think you make it fairly clear,, The Dallas Cowboys are your employer. We have a policy that requires all employee of this organization to stand for the American Anthem. You can do your social justice stuff outside of your work hours if you choose but while at work, you will follow all company policies and procedures. Anyone that does not follow this policy, will be fined 1 game check per occurrence. For example, you refuse to stand for one game, its a one game paycheck, if you do it again, its a 2 game check fine, 3 games, 3 game check fine. etc. For all non players and coaches that violate this policy, you will be fined one week's pay per occurrence. All monies collected in fines for violation of this policy will be donated to the DFW local police units.

Let's see if their "social justice" is as important to them as their paycheck.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think you make it fairly clear,, The Dallas Cowboys are your employer. We have a policy that requires all employee of this organization to stand for the American Anthem. You can do your social justice stuff outside of your work hours if you choose but while at work, you will follow all company policies and procedures. Anyone that does not follow this policy, will be fined 1 game check per occurrence. For example, you refuse to stand for one game, its a one game paycheck, if you do it again, its a 2 game check fine, 3 games, 3 game check fine. etc. For all non players and coaches that violate this policy, you will be fined one week's pay per occurrence. All monies collected in fines for violation of this policy will be donated to the DFW local police units.

Thank God you're not an owner.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I'll go out on a limb and guess you'd have a similar policy for the pregame prayer as well. :rolleyes:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What do you do?
I would sit that player for one game, no matter who he or she is, and say next time you might sit 6 games.

If a player was benched for a sitting during the national anthem, I'd be done with that team/owner.

And I'm pretty sure that coach would instantly lose the locker room.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

While it may make you feel better, you would almost certainly lose the inevitable grievance that the NFLPA would file.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
What do you do?
Does the CBA allow you to do that? Is it in the player's contract or NFL bylaws that they have to do so?