If you had a choice between these three who would you pick?

Knotamus

Reaction score
Just like wide receiver, cornerbacks are a deep field this year.
I agree.

Yet, if you have a chance to grab the 2nd best CB in the draft when your team doesn’t have a #1 CB on the roster.. you do it all day. Then double dip for another CB late to cover for next year when Woods, Awuzie, and Lewis are all free agents

CCBoy

Reaction score
The saddest part about this question is.. I don’t feel great about any of them.

Kinlaw.. Yes, he’s a freak of nature but realistically is an unpolished DT. He dominates with his size and strength, but lacks consistency and technique. Coaching can make him a star, but his knee issues could haunt him much like Sean Lee.

Henderson.. of the three, I’d have to pick him for our Boys. 1) BPA is awesome, but BPA and fills a glaring need is even better 2) CBs with his size (6’1” 205lbs) that runs a sub 4.4 forty (4.39) is rare.. really rare. He mirrors the WRs, smooth in transitions, and has “catch up” speed. Much like Kinlaw, his deficiencies are coachable. I think he would be an excellent pick, exp since Dallas will be in the market for CBs again next year.

Chaisson.. I’ve only been looking at him lately bc of the rumors he could be an option for Dallas. That said, I’m intrigued by his potential, but his lack of consistency and/or resume scares me. He has “one hit wonder” written all over him. I recognize the traits, but I’m not convinced he’s worth a 17th overall pick. This is a weak edge rusher class.. that’s all I have to say about that.

This sequence is with the defense as a focal point, but for this fan, this is the bigger picture:

If the Cowboys do not like their options on the defensive side of the ball while on the clock in the upcoming draft, it may be beneficial to go with a high-profile wide receiver. If the Cowboys were to add another young playmaker in the receiving group, the Cowboys could solidify having one of the best offenses in the league for years to come.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/04/11/dallas-cowboys-draft-a-wide-receiver-early/

CCBoy

Reaction score
I agree.

Yet, if you have a chance to grab the 2nd best CB in the draft when your team doesn’t have a #1 CB on the roster.. you do it all day. Then double dip for another CB late to cover for next year when Woods, Awuzie, and Lewis are all free agents

I agree, that focus is tempting...yet there is the baggage of Dallas always believing that pass rush determines the quality of it's secondary. Hence, safety always receiving a casual look.

kumizi

Reaction score
Probably CJ Henderson

I'm not quite Rod Marinelli when it comes to devaluing DT but it's not remotely as important a position as CB + we just signed two starting DTs and desperately need a CB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Probably CJ Henderson

I'm not quite Rod Marinelli when it comes to devaluing DT but it's not remotely as important a position as CB + we just signed two starting DTs and desperately need a CB.

The mold for the future in the DL, has been set with the Cowboys' free agency signings at DT. That doesn't mean that future cap considerations and talent build up is at sustaining points yet.

Knotamus

Reaction score
CB Henderson is afraid to tackle.

Sorry, I’m not buying it. I get it, almost every scouting report states Henderson is a poor tackler. Yet, if you dive deeper, you’ll find the kid had a injury scare with his knee early into his junior season. Everything I’ve read..also states he didn’t have a tackling problem his first couple years at Florida.

The kid was either scared to aggravate the knee or wasn’t confident enough with it to take on tackles. Who knows, maybe he played hurt. Or maybe.. he made a business decision.

Look, I hate as much as the next guy, yet more and more top college players are protecting and/or preserving themselves for the NFL. I can’t blame him either. Henderson is considered one of the top cover CB in the country, playing his last season of college ball, set to have a huge payday.. The last thing players want to happen to them, is what happened to Jaylon Smith...possible devastating career ended injury. And in Henderson’s case, a knee injury would have been just that.

My point, Henderson has all the traits of a top tier CB. If folks pass on him bc of perceives tackling issues, so be it. Keep in mind.. that’s the only real knock on him And there have been a ton of very talented CBs at the NFL level that had the same flaw. I personally don’t believe it’s an issue and even if it is..that’s a coachable flaw. All I want is a great cover corner that can knock balls down and get Int’s.. Henderson is very capable.

“Henderson has the potential to be a No. 1 corner in the NFL and could end up being a Pro Bowl players early in his career. After getting his feet wet, Henderson should emerge as a starter during his rookie season. He also could be a dangerous ball hawk who consistently produces quality interception totals. If Henderson becomes a better tackler and gets more physical, he has the skill set to be one of the top corners in the league.”-Walterfootball

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2020cjhenderson.php

ESisback

Reaction score
I agree.

I expect they’ll resign at least one of those guys, as well as 1or 2 more cheap FAs.

SSoup

Reaction score
I still have zero feel for how useful individual types of guys are to our new defensive coordinator. So I guess my answer would be to let Nolan tell me which one he's most excited about, and pick that guy, assuming the scouts don't find his answer patently ridiculous. I'd probably be hoping he tells me Henderson is the pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry, I’m not buying it. I get it, almost every scouting report states Henderson is a poor tackler. Yet, if you dive deeper, you’ll find the kid had a injury scare with his knee early into his junior season. Everything I’ve read..also states he didn’t have a tackling problem his first couple years at Florida.

The kid was either scared to aggravate the knee or wasn’t confident enough with it to take on tackles. Who knows, maybe he played hurt. Or maybe.. he made a business decision.

Look, I hate as much as the next guy, yet more and more top college players are protecting and/or preserving themselves for the NFL. I can’t blame him either. Henderson is considered one of the top cover CB in the country, playing his last season of college ball, set to have a huge payday.. The last thing players want to happen to them, is what happened to Jaylon Smith...possible devastating career ended injury. And in Henderson’s case, a knee injury would have been just that.

My point, Henderson has all the traits of a top tier CB. If folks pass on him bc of perceives tackling issues, so be it. Keep in mind.. that’s the only real knock on him And there have been a ton of very talented CBs at the NFL level that had the same flaw. I personally don’t believe it’s an issue and even if it is..that’s a coachable flaw. All I want is a great cover corner that can knock balls down and get Int’s.. Henderson is very capable.

“Henderson has the potential to be a No. 1 corner in the NFL and could end up being a Pro Bowl players early in his career. After getting his feet wet, Henderson should emerge as a starter during his rookie season. He also could be a dangerous ball hawk who consistently produces quality interception totals. If Henderson becomes a better tackler and gets more physical, he has the skill set to be one of the top corners in the league.”-Walterfootball

https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/scoutingreport2020cjhenderson.php
You think Henderson is good, much less worth a 1st round pick?

Let's see...

I see a CB who constantly is beat by a step or two, looks better since receivers are dropping passes that hit them right in their hands, commits lots of pass interference, is afraid to tackle, looks too thin and fragile, thus injury-prone, etc.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Chaisson is a reach at #17. He might be a reach in the second.
That's why I started posting that MM would be configuring a 3-4 base set, just saying,, Chaisson could be a really great pick if going to a 3-4 D needing that Von Miller isk,,,
that's all I was ever saying, and seeing.
Chaisson is not TJ Watt... people need to get over the taco fiasco.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Kinlaw is my no 1 choice followed closely by Chaisson.i would consider trading up for either one of them.Henderson is a very good cover corner who has no heart to make the tackle,i would not draft him.