If you had a choice between these three who would you pick?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
CJ Henderson
Javon Kinlaw
K'Lavon Chaisson
Kinlaw.
You know how you beat an elite QB in the playoffs?
Pressure, especially up the middle, since it takes away a QBs ability to step into the pocket.
CBs help but are not as impactful.
As far as positions of importance on a Defense; D-line>>>MLB>>>FS>>>CB>>>The rest.

kskboys

Reaction score
I, like some, don't think J.Lewis or A.Brown can be trusted to play the outside. Plus if one of these guys go down, then what?

We just signed two DT's and drafted a DT last year, so I don't see DT as a early need. I'm thinking we draft another one later on in the draft.

We still have Jelks, Jackson, Armstrong, Tank, and Crawford that can play DE. Not to mention the indefinitely suspended Gregory and Aldon. So that's six DE's.

So if you look at the three positions CB would be the one that will suffer the most due to one injury.

After the draft free agency is still an option at all of those positions. But I'd feel way better about our defense if we use four picks on that side of the ball this year. It really doesn't matter to me what position they take first. Just fill the holes on the defense.
So, you see two older guys and a draft bust as the answer? Seriously, think about what you are saying.

We just got through drafting 3 CB's and signing 2 more, so CB is not a need.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
CB Henderson is afraid to tackle. Why would anyone want him?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

So was Deion. He’s a cornerback not a safety. If you want a tackler, take McKinney.

Henderson can cover the best receivers in the NFL, he is a threat to score in any interception, he can get to the QB in the corner blitz, kid does it all.

If all things were equal I’d go Kinlaw, but his knee worries me. As Parcells famously once said, the most important part of ability is “availABILITY”. So my pick is Henderson.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So was Deion. He’s a cornerback not a safety. If you want a tackler, take McKinney.

Henderson can cover the best receivers in the NFL, he is a threat to score in any interception, he can get to the QB in the corner blitz, kid does it all.

If all things were equal I’d go Kinlaw, but his knee worries me. As Parcells famously once said, the most important part of ability is “availABILITY”. So my pick is Henderson.
Henderson is horrible. Always a step or two behind. Receivers dropping passes that hit them right in their hands make Henderson look good. He also pass interferes a lot. Then add in his inability to tackle? Yuck! What are you thinking? Kid is overrated.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Henderson is horrible. Always a step or two behind. Receivers dropping passes that hit them right in their hands make Henderson look good. He also pass interferes a lot. Then add in his inability to tackle? Yuck! What are you thinking? Kid is overrated.

He looks good to me in that video. He’s step for step with receivers. He might get there early sometimes but that happens to the best of them.

I like Kinlaw better but bad knees worry me, especially for a guy that big.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Kinlaw is an ungodly beast as a DT and would be an awesome pick for the defensive line if it weren't for potential degenerative knee issues. NFL offensive lineman will wear you down to a stump. He is a draft pick dilemma especially if you have to move up the board in the first round to get him. The Cowboys medical advisers would have to weigh in on this one.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
CJ Henderson even though it would be hard to pass on Javon Kinlaw if he fell to Dallas

I just think corner is the biggest need with Lewis & Awuzie both being free agents after next season

K'Lavon Chaisson I have no interest in - there are several other corners I would take before him
Chaisson isn't a corner

Verdict

Reaction score
What dont you trust about his knee?

Maybe he doesn’t have one. That would be a concern. Running without any knees would make him slower than a person who actually has knees. Being able to bend a limb can be important.

cowboygo

Reaction score
If Kinlaw falls, it will be reminiscent to projected top 5 DT Sharriff Floyd in the 2013 draft. Difference is that Floyd was a consensus top 5 player, while Kinlaw is projected to be a top 10-15 player. We moved out and selected T.Fred, while many wanted Floyd and safety Eric Reid. Floyd is now out of the league after 4 years, only playing his first 3, and never played a full season. Knee issues are real, and we are already carrying enough risk with our linebackers in LVE & Jaylon Smith, not to mention our question marks at RE.