If you had to choose, who would you want gone from Espn NFL Sunday Countdown?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Found this little nugget from pfw.com:

In the ESPN studio, Chris Berman is expected to continue as the master of ceremonies, but don’t expect the status quo in the studio-analyst department, with incumbents Michael Irvin, Steve Young, Tom Jackson and Ron Jaworski not all likely to continue to fill prominent roles.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm

Honestly, I think pretty boy should go away. Pretty Boy being Steve Young.

Edit: Who would u want to replace your choice with? I liked Sterling Sharpe. I know he's on or was on NFL Network's Playbook, but I liked him.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Ron Jaworski, man he gets on my EVER LASTING NERVES, i hate how he acts like he is the biggest not it all and he is never wrong, GRRR I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the rant Ron Jaworski i hope doest return (in my most calm voice:D:D)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
Ron Jaworski, man he gets on my EVER LASTING NERVES, i hate how he acts like he is the biggest not it all and he is never wrong, GRRR I HATE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the rant Ron Jaworski i hope doest return (in my most calm voice:D:D)
Follow-up question I posted after u'd responded. Who would u want to replace him?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Oh sure, tell me Berman is staying while asking the question.

Steve Young. Nice guy, like him as a person, but he just doesn't project well.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
anybody but him, I can't stand the sound of that mans voice. he ruins NFL playbook, stupid idiotic no it all wanna be crappy ex stupid moronic football player,

oh BTW did i mention i dont like "Jaws"(stupid moron)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Darren Woodson.

:grin:
Don't tease me like that, Hostile. I would absolutely pass out if I got to see Darren Woodson on Sunday Countdown. Would be no good to anybody on Sundays.

You're trying to get back at me for telling you Berman was staying, aren't you? :p:

Gent

Reaction score
I'd go with Steve Young. He cuts up well with Irvin, but otherwise never seems to say anything interesting. I like Jaws the best. He's the only one who attempts to get technical. I'll never forget his game day analysis of the Cowboys back in the early 90's. It was too much fun listening to him explain how no defense could stop all the weapons we had.

-Gent

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Don't tease me like that, Hostile. I would absolutely pass out if I got to see Darren Woodson on Sunday Countdown. Would be no good to anybody on Sundays.

You're trying to get back at me for telling you Berman was staying, aren't you? :p:
Oh no. I really would like to see him get the gig if one of the crew leaves. I think he'd be better in studio like that than on color commentary.

Of course, knowing you had to take cold showers every Sunday would be a bonus.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gent said:
I'd go with Steve Young. He cuts up well with Irvin, but otherwise never seems to say anything interesting. I like Jaws the best. He's the only one who attempts to get technical. I'll never forget his game day analysis of the Cowboys back in the early 90's. It was too much fun listening to him explain how no defense could stop all the weapons we had.

-Gent
I agree with you and disagree with Dargon. I think Jaws is the best asset on that show. I appreciate his diagramming plays and attacks. I find that interesting.

scottsp

Reaction score
Darn. The only one I really would kill to see leave (not only the show, but the planet) is Boomer.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I cant decide but I narrowed it down to two. Merril Hoge and Jaws. The Anti-Cowboys bias makes me want to hurl...A former Steeler and a former Eagle? Just hits a nerve when Im watching playbook. John Madden should definitely take their spot (even though he is at NBC.) Darren Woodson and Rod Woodson would be my pick. Rich Gannon would my alternate.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Personally, I like Jaws... and his break-downs (of film) are a very informative part of the show.

Young could go jump in a river, for all I care. I'm not crazy about him being on the show.

Replaced with Woodson would be great... but realistically, Sterling sharpe would be good. I'd like to see them replace him with an ex-defensive player... there aren't enough of those around.

Michael Strahan, when the time comes, would be very interesting.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
i think the chemistry is pretty good with their current team. steve young seems to have the least charisma - but he still ain't bad. he's kinda like chris collinsworth. solid enuff, but no threat to win a sports "emmy" in the foreseeable future.

he's sure better than joe montana. joe makes ben stein look like sam kennison.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Oh no. I really would like to see him get the gig if one of the crew leaves. I think he'd be better in studio like that than on color commentary.

Of course, knowing you had to take cold showers every Sunday would be a bonus.

Actually, I think you're right in that he'd be better in the studio than doing color. I watched him when he was on the NFL Network and when he was doing NFL Europe and he seemed so much more comfortable in studio. Didn't seem to worry about mistakes and such.

Cold showers, Hos? That's cold. :p:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forgot to add these lil tidbits. These guys could hit the studio after retirement or firing. whichever comes first.

Other than Collinsworth, there are no current commentators being mentioned on the NBC rumor mill. Should they retire after the ’05 season, we hear Packers QB Brett Favre and Ravens CB Deion Sanders could be intriguing studio-analyst candidates.
and
An intriguing figure worth watching is Lions GM Matt Millen, who could become a highly-sought-after TV commentator should he lose his job in Detroit next season or leave on his own. While Millen’s reviews as a GM have been mixed, his previous work as a commentator on TV and radio was considered consistently excellent by most critics.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Forgot to add these lil tidbits. These guys could hit the studio after retirement or firing. whichever comes first.

Other than Collinsworth, there are no current commentators being mentioned on the NBC rumor mill. Should they retire after the ’05 season, we hear Packers QB Brett Favre and Ravens CB Deion Sanders could be intriguing studio-analyst candidates.
and
An intriguing figure worth watching is Lions GM Matt Millen, who could become a highly-sought-after TV commentator should he lose his job in Detroit next season or leave on his own. While Millen’s reviews as a GM have been mixed, his previous work as a commentator on TV and radio was considered consistently excellent by most critics.
Farve....Deion.....Mongo :puke:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Actually, I think you're right in that he'd be better in the studio than doing color. I watched him when he was on the NFL Network and when he was doing NFL Europe and he seemed so much more comfortable in studio. Didn't seem to worry about mistakes and such.

Cold showers, Hos? That's cold. :p:
Hey, I'll have to take them if you know who starts at FB and you know who rides a Greyhound out of town.