If you had to choose, who would you want gone from Espn NFL Sunday Countdown?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Another one who does nothing for me.
Me either....back when she was on Home Improvement she looked good but now she is just a cartoon character.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Me either....back when she was on Home Improvement she looked good but now she is just a cartoon character.
Literally. I have never watched her cartoon or the other show she is on and doubt I ever will. Agree with you about the "Home Improvement" days. It's a shame she didn't realize how attractive being the girl next door is.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Literally. I have never watched her cartoon or the other show she is on and doubt I ever will. Agree with you about the "Home Improvement" days. It's a shame she didn't realize how attractive being the girl next door is.
I always liked the lady that replaced her better anyways. She was more my type :D

gosuns

Reaction score
This is an easy one. Please god someone put Berman out of his missery. If I here him make one more refference to a "3 dog night" song I might bomb my tv. This guy is so outta touch with his viewers it's rediculous. With the corny catch phrases, and using the " rumblin, stumblin, bumblin, whoop whoop" in every single highlight it's a wonder Disney management has not put this man down yet.

Please Disney...get smart...promote John Anderson, or even as much as this pains me...give Stu-pac a chance...just take Berman off football and let him continue to do his top 10 plays of the week in which he show 73 highlights....

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Found this little nugget from pfw.com:

In the ESPN studio, Chris Berman is expected to continue as the master of ceremonies, but don’t expect the status quo in the studio-analyst department, with incumbents Michael Irvin, Steve Young, Tom Jackson and Ron Jaworski not all likely to continue to fill prominent roles.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm

Honestly, I think pretty boy should go away. Pretty Boy being Steve Young.

Edit: Who would u want to replace your choice with? I liked Sterling Sharpe. I know he's on or was on NFL Network's Playbook, but I liked him.

Nothing to change about the NFL Sunday Countdown... I'd want to haul the three jackasses on NFL Sunday Night games to Greenland and have them doing penguin ice diving commentary. Those three nimrods are the worst commentators in sports history... Theesman is just a little barking dog, McGuire is about as old as the Sequoia forest and is about as out of touch as a Scottish curling champion to a pomegranite farmer. Plus the play by play guy, Mike Patrick I think, that ol' boy is usualy wrong with player names about every two or three plays. Toss the three doofballs and don't worry about NFL Sunday Countdown...

But just to answer, I really like Tom Jackson (probably my favorite). Irvin is probably the most intense and I love it when he argues with Sean Salisbury steak over little things. Steve Young might be a little bit more exciting if he shaved his head and added a couple of big karat blingies for the lobes. If I miss anyone, it's probably Sterling Sharpe... I love the Woodson idea too, I think he would be great... Class act all the way!

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
I agree with you and disagree with Dargon. I think Jaws is the best asset on that show. I appreciate his diagramming plays and attacks. I find that interesting.

Agreed. He (Jaws) breaks plays down very well. It's interesting to watch. Steve Young is WORTHLESS on that show - he brings nothing.

goshan

Reaction score
What are you guys talking about re: Woodson?
Did you hear him on NFL Europe last year?

He was mediocrea AT BEST. His interview skills didn't translate well to color commentary.

He didn't come across quick on the feet and studdered a lot.

A nice guy but ready for NFL Primetime, I don't think so.

jsond

Reaction score
Steve Young..just doesn't have what it takes. Nothing to do w/ the fact he is an ex-niner but really don't feel like he adds anything to the show. Berman and TJ are my 2 favorites which is why I enjoy watching NFL Primetime sun. nite after all the games are over.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
goshan said:
What are you guys talking about re: Woodson?
Did you hear him on NFL Europe last year?

He was mediocrea AT BEST. His interview skills didn't translate well to color commentary.

He didn't come across quick on the feet and studdered a lot.

A nice guy but ready for NFL Primetime, I don't think so.
He does need some seasoning, but really I think his skillset translates well to the studio like Sunday Countdown or TA. Not really as a color guy, but who knows w/seasoning he just might be decent at that, too.

The thing is, alot of these football players going into TV have had no previous journalism training. Most haven't even finished school, no matter how articulate they are. But if they're serious about it, then they'll get the necessary training and they'll come across better. I hope Woody does get the necessary training.

Hoov

Reaction score
Actually Im not a big fan of Jaws. Seems to me like he gets the job of doing X's and O's and breaking down the obvious. doesnt take much tv personality to do that, he probably has the easiest job on the show.

what would YOU prefer, to make something out of nothing under pressure to perform, or highlight x's and o's and tell us what every person who has ever played football can tell tell themself from replaying the footage in slow mo.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Can't stand Berman, Young, Hodge and Irvin needs to tone it down.

I like Jaws and Golic and I'd replace Berman with Tre Wingo.

parchy

Reaction score
ESPN'S NFL PRIMETIME IS DEAD

It's been a Sunday evening staple for nearly 20 years. After flipping through the channels for six-plus hours, it was time to settle on one channel for an hour of in-depth highlights and analysis from each of the games.

But all of that will change come 2006.

One of the little-known facts regarding the new wave of NFL television contracts is that, per The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, ESPN will not be permitted to show highlights from Sunday games until after midnight.

NBC, which purchased the Sunday night package of games, has a hammerlock on the highlights, at least until the clock strikes twelve in New York. We assume that this will translate into a Primetime-style show on NBC, which will start at 7:30 Eastern time and lead into the kickoff of the Sunday night games at 8:15.

We suspect, though, that ESPN will accept the tradeoff. After all, ESPN gets the Monday night games as of next year.

But given that ESPN is coughing up a cool $1.1 billion per year for the rights to broadcast MNF, it's odd that the network has been necessarily stripped of its ability to host its trademark Sunday night highlight show.