If you have Dak below the Top 7, I can't take you seriously

phildadon86

Reaction score
Oh, Dak won the game, huh?

If we lost would you have looked at his numbers (0TDs, 1INT, 1FUM) and said that he did enough to win? I'm not looking to debate. I'm just looking for an honest answer.
Im looking at the final drive of the game when we were tied. He had a bad game for his standards. But when the game mattered. He stepped up and did what he had to do. 5-5 and a game winning field goal. On TOP of overcoming some of the most boneheaded coaching and time management snaffoos I have ever seen lol. Even if we missed the FG we would have been going into OT anyways. And who knows what would have happened. My point is. When the game mattered. He stepped up. Thats all I am saying.

khiladi

Reaction score
actually you just made that up. Dak and Amari decided to run a different route (not the hook route Linehan had called)...but yeah, knowing you make it about somebody else and knock Dak.....

and have you ever seen Amari yell? I doubt it...

and garbage season it was, because #1 WR was Allen Hurns......nobody had worse WR group than the cowboys in 2018 first 8 games.....Swaim was our top TE....WOW..

Get Amari a WR1 and the cowboys offense was #1 in the last 8 games....and where do you rank Amari in the WR list? is he top 10? top 15? top 20?

and yes, ofcourse you are going to credit Amari, so I will ask you to show me a QB who produced a top 5 offense without a good WR.....go do your research before spewing anything meaningless as you always do.

can I ask why do you hate Dak so much? you are so obsessed. its worrisome. did he do anything personal to you or a member of your family?

again, I thought you were done.

The Cowboys' offense was lining up with 3:12 to play in regulation, the NFC East game against rival Philadelphia tied 16-16 courtesy of a Carson Wentz to Dallas Goedert 3-yard touchdown.

Cooper was set to run another stop route. But the Eagles secondary was poised to jump the route yet again, he believed.

“Dak, come on,” Cooper pleaded to his quarterback in the huddle.

“Just run it, bro,” Prescott said.

A hand signal from Prescott later, and Cooper converted his stop route to a go route. Prescott found him in stride.

One play, 75 yards, 11 seconds. The Cowboys jumped ahead 23-16.

Schwartz wasn’t even giving these types of looks to Jared Goff and he was exposing his Eagles defense with three minutes left in the game.

To summarize:

Amari pleaded with Dak to call an audible on the stop route the Eagles were doing all day, with ZERO safety help over the top. Dak basically needed Amari to tell him how to exploit single coverage on the outside against a defense that didn’t respect Dak’s arm at all.

The Cowboys hurt themselves continually, drawing 11 penalties for 111 yards. They missed on three straight red-zone opportunities. Prescott threw two interceptions and lost a fumble.

There is nothing I stated in my posts that are made up. Dak still struggled and continued to struggle agains zones. In the end, you are reaching for each and anything to make this average QB elite. Dak-stans have been declaring him elite for years now, while proclaiming he’s NOW moved up to elite, because of these two games. Ironic…

Last edited:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Im looking at the final drive of the game when we were tied. He had a bad game for his standards. But when the game mattered. He stepped up and did what he had to do. 5-5 and a game winning field goal. On TOP of overcoming some of the most boneheaded coaching and time management snaffoos I have ever seen lol. Even if we missed the FG we would have been going into OT anyways. And who knows what would have happened. My point is. When the game mattered. He stepped up. Thats all I am saying.
Fair enough.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Ok... I'll submit that he's below perennial Super Bowl winning Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and Mahomes.

As for the next tier.... the Allens, the Jacksons, the Watsons, and the Herberts

We all surrender that Allen has a stronger arm, but are the other attributes overwhelmingly in either's favor? I think Dak has more all-around better traits, but Allen's arm is definitely stronger.

Watson is AWOL, allowing other QBs to surpass him while he's on vacation..

Jackson is only been playing at this current level for 2 years. Elite coaches have not yet started to catch up with him to take away what he does best yet. Dak has been here 6 years. He has already survived the round of elite coaches gameplanning against him and came out from the fires still strong and burning. Guys like Colin Kaepernick, Jared Goff, and RGII were not strong enough to overcome that and they went away. Dak persisted and figured them out. Let's wait to see what Jackson can do once he gets that roundabout first, and it's quite possible he could fade away too.

You'd like to say Herbert > Dak, but Dak wasn't the one who threw 3 interceptions today. One was taken away by a bogus PI call on Kearse but in reality he threw 3.

Dak is 4-0 against Cousins in Washington, and subsequently ran him out of town. He's way better than Cousins.

Tannehill has not been looking good to start. Besides, Titans go up and down with Henry. if Henry has a bad game, Titans are toast.
D7WYPYYXkAYzK9u.jpg

glimmerman

Reaction score
actually you just made that up. Dak and Amari decided to run a different route (not the hook route Linehan had called)...but yeah, knowing you make it about somebody else and knock Dak.....

and have you ever seen Amari yell? I doubt it...

and garbage season it was, because #1 WR was Allen Hurns......nobody had worse WR group than the cowboys in 2018 first 8 games.....Swaim was our top TE....WOW..

Get Amari a WR1 and the cowboys offense was #1 in the last 8 games....and where do you rank Amari in the WR list? is he top 10? top 15? top 20?

and yes, ofcourse you are going to credit Amari, so I will ask you to show me a QB who produced a top 5 offense without a good WR.....go do your research before spewing anything meaningless as you always do.

can I ask why do you hate Dak so much? you are so obsessed. its worrisome. did he do anything personal to you or a member of your family?
Coop was yelling to change it to a go route because he said linehan kept calling comebacks or hook and they were about to jump the route. Dak and Coop adjusted it and they had a TD didn’t they. Or am I thinking of a different game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah man. I am going to give honest answers. I told you that from the beginning. I aint gonna sugar coat a damn thing for a guy making what Dak is making now. He played poorly. However when crunch time came. He did what he had to do.

I don't agree that Dak played poorly.. He had a game manager type game.. Before that last drive he was 18 for 22? Sorry but that aint playin poorly.. He and the offense got a whole three possessions in the second half.. and scored on two of them.. Yes it was only FGs but that's what it took to win. I think if they had needed a TD at the end of that last drive they would have gotten that too. Dak was deadly accurate all day.. He basically had one bad throw all day which the INT that sailed on him. It was a continuation of what we saw in Tampa.. We should have seen this coming after watching Hard Knocks.. That drill where he's running over the dummies while hitting those little targets from 10-20 yards away told me dude was going to be ready to go come opening day. He has even improved the one throw that he used to stink at in previous years.. the dreaded swing pass in the flat. He is 7 fo 7 on those this year. Of course I just jinxed it but the improvement in Dak's game just continues to show up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Schwartz wasn’t even giving these types of looks to Jared Goff and he was exposing his Eagles defense with three minutes left in the game.

To summarize:

Amari pleaded with Dak to call an audible on the stop route the Eagles were doing all day, with ZERO safety help over the top. Dak basically needed Amari to tell him how to exploit single coverage on the outside against a defense that didn’t respect Dak’s arm at all.

There is nothing I stated in my posts that are made up. Dak still struggled and continued to struggle agains zones. In the end, you are reaching for each and anything to make this average QB elite. Dak-stans have been declaring him elite for years now, while proclaiming he’s NOW moved up to elite, because of these two games. Ironic…
you spew so much garbage its hard to ignore.

what's your point with the war and peace responses? what point are you trying to make? at this point you are just rambling on....are you trying to prove Dak is bad against zone defenses? or against man defenses? or are you trying to prove SD plays mainly zone defense? what are you trying to accomplish with your incessant arguments?

khiladi

Reaction score
you spew so much garbage its hard to ignore.

what's your point with the war and peace responses? what point are you trying to make? at this point you are just rambling on....are you trying to prove Dak is bad against zone defenses? or against man defenses? or are you trying to prove SD plays mainly zone defense? what are you trying to accomplish with your incessant arguments?

What’s up with all the passive-aggressive, “I’m not going to bother”, “You don’t know football”, “please read this book on football, I’m here to teach you”, “you make things up”, but you keep coming back posts?

You very well know what my point is, which is why you keep trying to respond to me, trying hard to convince me that the Paper Tiger is elite…

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

To summarize:

so Amari pleaded. and showed Dak. I guess you were on the side line listening to the whole thing. or maybe you can lip read and perhaps a hidden microphone somewhere nearby and you heard the whole conversation.

man, you have a very vicit imagination.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What’s your point in responding to me?
did I stump you? ..you have about a 100 posts on this thread going on and on and on and arguing with anybody who will engage you....

what's your point...you have the opportunity to say it loud and clear....else you are just rambling about a bunch of nothingness, meaningless stuff because you hate dak and you can't even articulate why you hate and what your point is.

khiladi

Reaction score
so Amari pleaded. and showed Dak. I guess you were on the side line listening to the whole thing. or maybe you can lip read and perhaps a hidden microphone somewhere nearby and you heard the whole conversation.

man, you have a very vicit imagination.

So after I provided one link which was enough as evidence, you are basically accusing me of making things up, which basically implies that the reporter is now lying?

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
did I stump you? ..you have about a 100 posts on this thread going on and on and on and arguing with anybody who will engage you....

what's your point...you have the opportunity to say it loud and clear....else you are just rambling about a bunch of nothingness, meaningless stuff because you hate dak and you can't even articulate why you hate and what your point is.

So you engage me and I respond. I’m not the one saying I’m never going to respond to you again, after crying to you about not believing in Dak, while begging you to read this or that football book to “learn the game”….

I’m content on a football forum to talk about why Dak is mediocre, while his fans proclaim endless for years how he’s “elite” and better than guys like Herbert and Wilson and when he loses, it’s everybody else’s fault.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So after I provided one link which was enough as evidence, you are basically accusing me of making things up, which basically imposed that the reporter is now lying?
again, what's your point with all of this? what are you trying to prove? what are you trying to get out of your argument? get to the bottom of it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't agree that Dak played poorly.. He had a game manager type game.. Before that last drive he was 18 for 22? Sorry but that aint playin poorly.. He and the offense got a whole three possessions in the second half.. and scored on two of them.. Yes it was only FGs but that's what it took to win. I think if they had needed a TD at the end of that last drive they would have gotten that too. Dak was deadly accurate all day.. He basically had one bad throw all day which the INT that sailed on him. It was a continuation of what we saw in Tampa.. We should have seen this coming after watching Hard Knocks.. That drill where he's running over the dummies while hitting those little targets from 10-20 yards away told me dude was going to be ready to go come opening day. He has even improved the one throw that he used to stink at in previous years.. the dreaded swing pass in the flat. He is 7 fo 7 on those this year. Of course I just jinxed it but the improvement in Dak's game just continues to show up.
0Tds, 1INT, and 1FUM from your QB is what gets teams top 5 draft picks.

He didn't play a good game no matter how you slice it, but other guys stepped up and did great jobs, and that's okay.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yeah man. I am going to give honest answers. I told you that from the beginning. I aint gonna sugar coat a damn thing for a guy making what Dak is making now. He played poorly. However when crunch time came. He did what he had to do.
I respect the honesty. It's a breath fresh air as opposed to the star blind that are going around trying to convince people that Dak played a good game.

He didn't and we won anyways. I don't see why they take issues with that, but oh well.

khiladi

Reaction score
again, what's your point with all of this? what are you trying to prove? what are you trying to get out of your argument? get to the bottom of it.

What are you trying to prove on a football forum? What are you trying to get by trying so hard to convince me Dak is great?

I mean if there can be a thousand posts why Dak is “elite”, why not a few here and there saying he’s a mediocre QB that has been profiting off a talented cast and this franchise has done everything in their power to guide him along the way, while wasting away all the surrounding talent. And that it’s irony that these “two games” redeems these astronomically horrible decision to baby-sit this guy, who is too scared to threaten a zone and who takes years to challenge man coverage looks.

phildadon86

Reaction score
My idea of him playing poorly is completely regarding his salary. You dont pay a game manager what he is getting paid. You pay him to take control. While i also see your point. He has been very accurate this year so far. A win is a win and he got us the win in the 4th. Thats all I am saying

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
0Tds, 1INT, and 1FUM from your QB is what gets teams top 5 draft picks.

He didn't play a good game no matter how you slice it, but other guys stepped up and did great jobs, and that's okay.
here is the whataboutism you like so much.

what does 1TD, 2 Interception and one in the endzone get you?

and you stand corrected. He didn't have a great game. he had a good game. he led the team on the last drive that won the game. you want to say "not good game"= "bad game", which is not the case.....he may not have thrown a TD since you love that so much. but he had 85% completion rate. all things aside, he completed the passes on that last drive. the critical drive that mattered the most.

phildadon86

Reaction score
What are you trying to prove on a football forum? What are you trying to get by trying so hard to convince me Dak is great?
Well I mean you have changed your stance on why dak sucks like 4000 times since we drafted him. Now its. "well he sucks against zone defense on Sundays in November." Give it up already.