CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Nothing I said in my post is false.

Alan Page weighed around 240lbs. True
That's Jaylon Smith size. - True
Aaron Donald is 280 with a 6 pack- True
Roger is around 190 - True
Brady is around 230 - True

Again though your acting like Brady is like Big Ben...Brady does not shrug off DB's now if they hit him he goes down and asks for a penalty...So what ..Mean Joe could and would hit Brady harder and in the head than Brady has been hit so far. Brady would probably admit his non Desire to play back then.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ya'll the same people that think guys like Babe Ruth would dominate today in baseball or Bill Russell in basketball.

Stuck in another time.

Dude Babe was not in shape...you think Bob Lilly had a huge beer belly? Too Tall just woke up on Sunday mornings and played some ball...no man these guys were in shape because football was grueling back then. Jesus they dont even allow these guys to have 2 adays anymore...Again are the Athletes stronger now sure as sports medicine and training have evolved so has the athlete..but that dont make you tougher. Those guys back then were plenty in shape and strong and REALLY tough.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again though your acting like Brady is like Big Ben...Brady does not shrug off DB's now if they hit him he goes down and asks for a penalty...So what ..Mean Joe could and would hit Brady harder and in the head than Brady has been hit so far. Brady would probably admit his non Desire to play back then.
Brady would run over those 180 DBs that played in the 70s. He'd look like Earl Campbell out there.

Every generation thinks THEIR generation is the best and toughest lol

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Brady would run over those 180 DBs that played in the 70s. He'd look like Earl Campbell out there.

They played real football back then there would be no yeller flag every time Brady stumped his toe

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

that's why its so hard to measure generation vs. generation....back then they didn't have half the equipment, science and people they have today, with the focus on sports starting as early as 6 year olds.....in the 60s, a lot of them had another paying job and played football......

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Those guys couldn't compete in today game if you just transported them in. The guys today are just too big and too strong.

Anthony Brown would be a HOFer if he played in the 60s and 70s.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
LOL. very true. even 25 years ago. stepnoski was 260....at center...he would be eaten live today by end of first quarter. can you imagine Vea against Stepnoski.....

Step gave huge weight up all the time...dude was strong and like a wrestler..would VV move him sure but it would be off to the side. Also everytime VV came pushing he would've watched #22 go right through the hole he left cause step would just walk him out the hole.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Step gave huge weight up all the time...dude was strong and like a wrestler..would VV move him sure but it would be off to the side. Also everytime VV came pushing he would've watched #22 go right through the hole he left cause step would just walk him out the hole.
Vea would stream roll him.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They had their hands full against him and Suh. It took Ellliot helping. That May have been the toughest challenge for the middle of the O-Line this year.

He is saying VV would have steamrolled Stepnosky..you know because Stepnosky was not small for a 90's center yet still was great..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nothing I said in my post is false.

Alan Page weighed around 240lbs. True
That's Jaylon Smith size. - True
Aaron Donald is 280 with a 6 pack- True
Roger is around 190 - True
Brady is around 230 - True

You declaring it to be true doesn't mean it is..

Let me help you with some pesky reality..

BradTo00_2021.jpg

Tom Brady
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady (TB12, Tom Terrific, Touchdown Tom, GOAT, The Pharaoh, Comeback Kid or Sir)
Position
: QB Throws: Right
6-4, 225lb (193cm, 102kg)

Alan Page

Alan Cedric Page
Position
: DT
6-4, 245lb (193cm, 111kg)

So you're 5 pound high on Brady and 5 pound light on Page..

StauRo00_2019.jpg

Roger Staubach
Roger Thomas Staubach (Roger the Dodger or Captain Comeback)

Position: QB Throws: Right

6-3, 197lb (190cm, 89kg)

You missed by 7 pounds on Roger..

DonaAa00_2021.jpg

Aaron Donald
Aaron Charles Donald

Position: DT

6-1, 280lb (185cm, 127kg)

So you got Donald right.. but check this out..

GreeJo02_2019.jpg

Joe Greene
Charles Edward Greene (Mean Joe)

6-4, 275lb (193cm, 124kg)

Born: September 24, 1946 (A

Joe Greene, who actually WAS the best DT of that era.. was a whole 5 pounds lighter than Donald.. and I would wager not the slightest bit weaker..

But you say they were all tiny back in that day right?

Then how do you explain Rosey Grier?

Rosey Grier
Roosevelt Grier

Position: DT-DE

6-5, 284lb (196cm, 128kg)

Or how about Merlin Olsen?

OlseMe00_2019.jpg

Merlin Olsen
Merlin Jay Olsen

6-5, 270lb (196cm, 122kg)

I could go on and on but you won't see because you don't want to.. You have it in your mind that Alan Page was the typical size of a DT back in the 70's and no amount of evidence to the contrary will change your mind. The fact remains that guys in the 70's were nearly as big as guys today and a LOT tougher.. because they had to be.. The game was tougher.. Notice I didn't say better because that's a matter of preference.. however there can be ZERO argument that the game was more brutal back then.. Period.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don’t know if he would roll Step. He was crazy strong. He was 270 pounds of power.

Step probably played at closer to 260 because he was one of those guys who had to eat like a horse to keep weight on but he ABSOLUTELY was considered small for that era. He weighs something like 220 nowadays.. Think about it.. when he left the Cowboys replaced him with Ray Donaldson and Derrick Kennard.. who went 6'3" 310 and 6'3" 290 respectively.