If you pay Dak and Cooper

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think we can at the moment and to be honest it's a pipe dream to constantly turn over player after player at the player. you can ask the Broncos how that's going for them. it's not always gold in a basket sometimes you got to work for it sometimes you find that Ultimate Gold Mine now. I'm not saying at the very least that either Dak or Cooper are the best players ever but damn if they're not decent enough to at the very least get a better evaluation on after we get some kind of coaching change in that damn place

Dak has been here 4 years....you’ve seen everything he has to offer.

CB61

Reaction score
I would think twice on cooper for sure. The new coach can win with dak.
With Dak ? Maybe with kitna and some good coaching, I mean Prescott's banged up it really showed today no doubt but the coach needs to be smart enough to know he's banged up and not effective and maybe go with the back up ? Now it's very possible and highly likely that they weren't comfortable with Cooper rush but that's part of this coaching staffs problem they don't have the next man up ready to play or even close to it, look at Pittsburgh they've had a ton of injuries and they're a game better than us? Coaching does make a difference regardless of what anybody thinks, a good coach gets a team to believe in a process there is no process with Garrett it's the same old BS and it doesn't work

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm not making any roster decisions until a new coaching staff is in place. Same head coach lead Romo to multiple consecutive 8-8 seasons.

I'd gladly pay both guys if it meant Garrett goes.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Why do you want to pay a WR big money who has bad hands, injury prone, and can't play on the road? What the hell are you paying him for? Dome performances?
you got you got a point you really got a point. It's not exactly something that you dropped the Brinks truck for. But tag him or some version of it and give him another shot if you still can't control his nonsense bouncing just like that the way it is a lot of these players have few chances you only get so many

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
Then why did we pay Aikman? Let's see how he does without Norv Turner, Zeke instead of Emmitt, Cooper instead of Irvin, old Witten instead of Novacek, this crap OL, and NO elite defense to get him big plays or turnovers.
This crap OL? We, and this is fact, have 3 2020 Pro Bowl offensive linemen. Two of those OL will be All-Pro. More, Dallas SB teams of the 90s didn’t have any elite defenses, especially historically speaking much less the season in question. Emmitt Smith is the greatest running back in history, so I’ll concede you that.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
doubtful because all four years has been with Coach Garrett and that right there not exactly in stone. It's tainted maybe a little he has shown Market Improvement since his Original season so with a new coach and possibly giving him or another shot at OC we will see if it doesn't so be it

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
doubtful because all four years has been with Coach Garrett and that right there not exactly in stone. It's tainted maybe a little he has shown Market Improvement since his Original season so with a new coach and possibly giving him or another shot at OC we will see if it doesn't so be it

Ridiculous take. Dak won’t become accurate under a different coach. It’s a question of ability dude.

Flamma

Reaction score
ranchise Dak if no other viable QB option is available, let Cooper walk and draft somebody to groom next to Gallup.

Agreed. But I'd only franchise Dak if they were looking to trade him. If not, Transition tag him. If someone offers him a contract over 20M per, let him go.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Ridiculous take. Dak won’t become accurate under a different coach. It’s a question of ability dude.
It's not just ability but ok. Romo has ability and how far did we get? It's more than that. He earned an eval next season with new coach

Number1

Reaction score

not true, I still want to see this O with a serious X on the field, we haven't had once since 2016

this Dak's worst game as a Cowboy by far, and first injured

he made great reads, and threw terrible misses, induding 2 TDs

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I’ve been a huge Dak supporter since his rookie year. I still like him, it I don’t want to pay him $30-$35 million dollars a season and cripple the team. Franchise him and see hoe he plays with a new coaching staff next year. Let Cooper walk unless he signs a reasonable deal. I think he hurt his market value the last half of this season. No way we should pay him $20 mil per year. I’d go no higher than $15 mil.