If you think Parcells leaving is a good thing

Eskimo

Reaction score
the kid 05;1296253 said:
from what i saw, we didn't get out coached this week just out played

Well our coaching staff sure found a way to take advantage of their depleted secondary with 3 receivers who have made the Pro Bowl before (Witten, Glenn, TO). :bang2:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Eskimo;1296335 said:
Well our coaching staff sure found a way to take advantage of their depleted secondary with 3 receivers who have made the Pro Bowl before (Witten, Glenn, TO). :bang2:

I know this is an odd time to throw this out there, Eskimo, but I really enjoy your posts. Your views are always appreciated and thought provoking.

Didn't you just "know" entering this game that there was no way we'd benefit from Seattle's secondary issues? When's the last time we took advantage of a team's injury?

I recall thinking the Saints DT being suspended would help, along with the Horn injury and Colston being dinged. Some good that did.

Maybe I'm overthinking things, and this sort of thing hasn't been as big a trend as it "seems" this season. But I certainly can't recall the last time we went out and attacked a team's explicit weakness (be it injuries, scheme or talent) and won because of it.

How many times have we looked at a team and thought, "Man, we should run all over them," only to be entirely wrong.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Dale;1296311 said:
It's hard to argue. He hasn't won many more playoff games than the Cowboys have over the last 10 years, has he?

Bellichek allowed Parcells to win with his conservative offense. However, Parcells no longer has Bellichek to shut down teams at the most dire moments.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Dale;1296346 said:
I know this is an odd time to throw this out there, Eskimo, but I really enjoy your posts. Your views are always appreciated and thought provoking.

Didn't you just "know" entering this game that there was no way we'd benefit from Seattle's secondary issues? When's the last time we took advantage of a team's injury?

I recall thinking the Saints DT being suspended would help, along with the Horn injury and Colston being dinged. Some good that did.

Maybe I'm overthinking things, and this sort of thing hasn't been as big a trend as it "seems" this season. But I certainly can't recall the last time we went out and attacked a team's explicit weakness (be it injuries, scheme or talent) and won because of it.

How many times have we looked at a team and thought, "Man, we should run all over them," only to be entirely wrong.

I think you are absolutely right, Dale.

Parcells' philosophy with the Cowboys has always seemed to be reactionary. What I mean is that a team has a weakness we seem to let them off the hook. If they can't defend the run, we will either pass the ball excessively or be totally ineffective running the ball or both.

We never dictate to other teams how the game will be played.

The sad truth is we will never be anything more than mediocre with this coaching staff because they just don't seem to be able to gameplan effectively or get their players to execute on gameday.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
I mean really, what has Parcells done to warrent a free ride. Can him, goodness people can't you see the game has passed him by. 2 games above .500 is something isn't it? pfft

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1296393 said:
I mean really, what has Parcells done to warrent a free ride. Can him, goodness people can't you see the game has passed him by. 2 games above .500 is something isn't it? pfft

Make that 1 game above .500 after tonight.

Can him, it's time to get a revamped coaching staff in there.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1296393 said:

he took 4 diff clubs to the play offs (only coach to do so)
won 2(?) super bowls
won variouse amounts of AFC/NFC titles

[/sarcasim off]

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
Spectre;1295816 said:
You're an idiot.

That is all.

Spectre=
retards.jpg.w300h197.jpg

That is all.

scottsp

Reaction score
Hey, I love .500 football. Bring him back.

Genius how this offense lit up a depleted secondary for 14 points.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Give me either of the Moras, Jimmy, I don't care at this point, as long as it isn't Parcells. But unfortunatly I think it will be.

dannyz

Reaction score
Jerry wants Bill back. The decision is Bill's to make. Parcells leaving would be the worst thing to happen to this team. Granted, some changes need to be made (and that will be the case for >= 31 football teams this year), but if BP leaves, we will be worse, not better than we are this year. BP said tonight after the game, that this was the best team he's coached since he took over here in Dallas. 9-7 doesn't look great, but you can't disagree that this team has been the best team we've had in 4 years (if you do disagree, see post #1). That said, with BP leading again next year, we will be even better. No doubt in my mind about that.

Of course, if you want to listen to the media, go head -- keep on believing that BP is washed up, too old, and the game has passed him by... right...

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
dannyz;1296429 said:
Of course, if you want to listen to the media, go head -- keep on believing that BP is washed up, too old, and the game has passed him by... right...

No, I haven't taken any of that from the media. I have watched the games and discovered this.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
10-6. 6-10. 9-7. 9-7.

It's certainly better than the 5-11 trifecta. But that's about the only thing it's better than, at this point.

It's unfortunate, because Parcells did nothing with the Cowboys to make him better than Chan Gailey in the team's annals. They're dead even, practically.

I don't think Parcells has been so attrocious that he "must" be fired. I also don't think he's had enough success to have it be assumed he should return.

The positive of keeping him is the consistency and continuity. Jameswoods referenced the Steelers, and I think there's something to be said for that. Sometimes change isn't good because it takes so long to build a foundation. The negative is that if he continues taking the team where he's been taking it so far, then there's no need for consistency.

The positive for canning him is you get something fresh. Hope springs eternal. But there's also a very large, looming negative given Jerry's history of hiring coaches. He's not exactly finding the brightest coaching prospects since landing Jimmy.

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
Spectre;1295816 said:
You're an idiot.

I guess I'm amongst the idiots. :D

See ya later Bill......4 years without a playoff win just doesn't cut it here.

Some of us need to open our eyes and realize that Parcells has failed here and it's time for the team to move in another direction. In todays NFL it's not hard being mediocre.

Bill Parcells has seen his best years.

Chrissyboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spectre
Owens = gone
Parcells = stay
Zimmer = gone
Romo = stay
Julius = gone
Barber = stay

cowboyfan4life2;1296065 said:
i wouldnt give up on jones yet

I'm with you on these calls. I want BP back. I am sick of the TO show.

I have coached to a very high standard of soccer in the UK. My teams usually win - players who cause this much hasssle had better perform BIG-TIME!!!

The number of siimple drops is pathetic. I've heard a ridiculous array of excuses for the guy.

I watched his approach in Oxnard. His refusal to train was PATHETIC! It was all coming clear back then. He made a number of embarrassing drops in that session before clutching his hamstring - i doubt that was a genuine injury! A professional athlete should be embarrassed. It was the sort of prima-dona action David Beckham would perform to maintain his pretty-boy marketability.

Right there in TC, Terry Glenn also started to 'try it on' watching the way TO was being handled, and was a little upset when he was knocked back into line in customary BP fashion. The man's influence is not beneficial, no matter whether the other players actually listen to the fool or not.

The biggest complaint is that he just hasn't performed at a level that warrants tolerating him.

I am not going to go on and on....... but I agree defensive philosophy could provide greater aggression and rewards.

Julius has been less than impressive at times, but he is so much better than T Hambone was and I would suggest ahead of the shadow of Emmit that we had when BP arrived.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Spectre;1295816 said:
You're an idiot.

That is all.

What is it that you like about BP exactly. No playoff wins here in Dallas, or something else. Enlighten us all here.

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;1296427 said:
Give me either of the Moras, Jimmy, I don't care at this point, as long as it isn't Parcells. But unfortunatly I think it will be.

Give me a coach who goes 7-9 with Michael Vick.... And then talks sincerely about the UW job..

Give me a coach who hasnt coached since 2001...

And give me a coach who in Jimmy would rather be in the Keys and on TV than deal with players again...

I'll take my chances with Bill and a QB with Bigger hands..

Get Real Clown

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Sarge;1296569 said:
What is it that you like about BP exactly. No playoff wins here in Dallas, or something else. Enlighten us all here.

its continuity...., Bring TO, Glenn and BP back keep the team in tack and build on the Team...BP has been coaching his butt off and still getting out coached because he does NOT have good Coordinators, and Asst Coaches, IMO he had to go find talent...change the coaching mentality and fix the whole organization...THE COWBYOS were in shambles when got here..HE Needs better ASST Coachs, DC, and more talent in a few postions, a QB who needs more experience..Bradie James needs LET GO. and go get a NEW DC who no's the 3-4 and can teach the 3-4...Zimmer is gone

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigdog24;1296797 said:
its continuity...., Bring TO, Glenn and BP back keep the team in tack and build on the Team...BP has been coaching his butt off and still getting out coached because he does NOT have good Coordinators, and Asst Coaches, IMO he had to go find talent...change the coaching mentality and fix the whole organization...THE COWBYOS were in shambles when got here..HE Needs better ASST Coachs, DC, and more talent in a few postions, a QB who needs more experience..Bradie James needs LET GO. and go get a NEW DC who no's the 3-4 and can teach the 3-4...Zimmer is gone

Bill Parcells brought in HIS assistant coaches. It was HIS decision to keep Zimmer. The coaching staff is Bill's........if you think we need new assistant coaches/DC and change the coaching mentality, then you are being critical of Bill because it was Bill who HIRED them in the first place.............:banghead:

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
You can only pick from whats available....he got what he got...Your right...but theres alot of other avenues involved...

The coaching staff needs upgraded...not the HC...there is NOT another coach available this year that I think could take the cowboys to the next level in 2007....if it happens the cowboys likely start over again, tear the system apart and rebuild again....