If you were in charge - Taco or Crawford?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't even understand why this is a question. If you have two employees, one who shows up for work and "Tries Hard" and one who doesn't, who you gonna fire?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think this is pretty much do or die for Charlton. Being a top pick that player will get ample opportunity but hitting his 3rd year I think he has to come out of the gate during training camp and pre season or he will get released.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is pretty much do or die for Charlton. Being a top pick that player will get ample opportunity but hitting his 3rd year I think he has to come out of the gate during training camp and pre season or he will get released.

Definitely, and Will McClay has effectively come out and said as much, putting Taco on notice.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Definitely, and Will McClay has effectively come out and said as much, putting Taco on notice.

I hope he can live up to the potential they saw in him. He will get his shot to prove it. We will see

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope he can live up to the potential they saw in him. He will get his shot to prove it. We will see

I'm not overly optimistic. I felt from the second the pick was made that TJ Watt wasn't the far better choice and nothing that's happened has done anything to change that.

Although I will admit to being encouraged about Taco's chances to become a contributor headed into last year, it was quickly doused. And then the young man followed it up by sulking and blaming others for his own failings and at that point, I was done. It's one thing to have struggles, it's another to blame everyone else for them.

He's a bust until he can prove otherwise.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Crawford is definitely more effective at end than DT. I would say keep Taco due to age, but I don't care for his attitude or performance.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dallas isnt thinking long term. Today matters. They will sooner keep both. Carrying useless players is important to this team if a jersey sells or helps with tickets.

I highly doubt paying either of those guys, or both, a seven-figure salary is worth the jersey and/or ticket sales generated by their presence. :muttley:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm not overly optimistic. I felt from the second the pick was made that TJ Watt wasn't the far better choice and nothing that's happened has done anything to change that.

Although I will admit to being encouraged about Taco's chances to become a contributor headed into last year, it was quickly doused. And then the young man followed it up by sulking and blaming others for his own failings and at that point, I was done. It's one thing to have struggles, it's another to blame everyone else for them.

He's a bust until he can prove otherwise.

I can't say I am optimistic or pessimistic of his chances. It falls to him to go out and earn it or not. I hope he does prove himself since I am not a big fan of seeing Cowboy players fail however not a fan of keeping a player if they can't beat out others they are competing against.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Taco is Taco, unfortunately, but I'm reserving any opinion on TJ Watt as a 4-3 DE until he actually plays the position. He played OLB in college and plays it in Pittsburgh. Watt dropped in coverage 131 times last season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't say I am optimistic or pessimistic of his chances. It falls to him to go out and earn it or not. I hope he does prove himself since I am not a big fan of seeing Cowboy players fail however not a fan of keeping a player if they can't beat out others they are competing against.

Same here. Of course I'm not rooting for him or any Cowboys player or coach to fail, but I've seen enough to where the onus is on him to show that he's not the disappointing missed draft pick that performance and playing time have shown him to be thus far.

He has plenty to prove.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I highly doubt paying either of those guys, or both, a seven-figure salary is worth the jersey and/or ticket sales generated by their presence. :muttley:

compared to how the Jones boys see it.. they would need someone of higher name, those that dont contribute also stay on the team ad take spots that are needed elsewere.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco is Taco, unfortunately, but I'm reserving any opinion on TJ Watt as a 4-3 DE until he actually plays the position. He played OLB in college and plays it in Pittsburgh. Watt dropped in coverage 131 times last season.

And still somehow managed 13 sacks when he was rushing the passer. That's versatility, and a plus, not a negative.

My judgement is not reserved.

I knew it on day one, second one, and it's proven more and more true all the time.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I agree. Not sure how he would do as a DE in a 4-3. Playing the OLB in A 3-4 fits him well.

Section446

Reaction score
Taco is one of the biggest first round busts in Cowboys history. He joins the likes of Morris Claiborne and Bobby Carpenter.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco is one of the biggest first round busts in Cowboys history. He joins the likes of Morris Claiborne and Bobby Carpenter.

He's quickly rising up the ranks. And there's a better than decent chance that he doesn't even see the end of his rookie contract here.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Taco is an underachiever and seems to be content with that.........he shows no signs he wants to do what it takes to improve his game.