If you were in charge - Taco or Crawford?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that’s what this is about. Being “right”.

Certainly not a fear of being right, even it has to mean the Cowboys were wrong. Wishful thinking doesn't have to override common sense.

And you guys will be right. I just notice there is a certain rush to get him out of here as if it’s foreign for guys to produce in year 3 of their careers.

I'm not pushing him out the door, he is. With his disappointing play and lousy attitude. The onus is on him to turn that around, not for me to lead the cheerleading squad. He is what he's proven himself to be thus far, a bust. That's his fault, not mine, so if somebody deserves blame, it's the guy causing the problem, not the guy talking about it.

sulu1701

Reaction score
Neither the Cowboys nor himself. Coming into last year, I was optimistic for him, as I saw a guy that was taking his lumps but fighting. Someone who was keeping at it and not giving up. And I was encouraged nit to bet against a young player showing those traits. But then he came out and tried to blame others for his own issues and ended up getting deactivated for his pouting and sulking. That's the opposite of the player I had believed him to be last year.

And if the comments from Will McClay represent the feelings of the organization, they're about done with him. He gets with the program or he gets out.
I think at any rate, Watt would have been a better bet, at least he's visible

sulu1701

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on the player. I wasn't insinuating that Watt couldn't have been successful here, I just know how hard-headed the coaching staff can be about scheme fit sometimes and just because the player might be plenty capable doesn't necessarily mean the opportunity to do so is fully afforded. Maybe they make him a full-time DE, or maybe they make him a pass rushing DE and a SLB in base. That's all just speculation.
Yes their inflexibility can be maddening, and they dropped him right in Pittsburgh's lap, and for what ? an invisible at times malcontent

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how difficult is it to turn an OLB into a DE? Watt seems to have a high motor, and may have thrived in a 4-3
its easier to take some college DE and make them OLB in a 3-4. Ware, watt, etc. the otherway around is difficult since there is often a size "thing" with DEs since they will be lining up with hands on the ground against usually a 320 LB LT. nothing against 240 guys, but 20, 30 more pounds is a lot more power and strength.

now I am sure people will bring up Gregory who is listed at 242, but he is more the exception than the rule...there is always exceptions.....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lots of debate on both players. With the draft and FA, Dallas is stacked on the DL. It will be a struggle to make the final roster. In my opinion Crawford and Taco are nearly the same player, meaning a DE with some ability to play inside. Crawford seems to have made the full conversion to DE.

We know what Crawford is at this point. Try hard guy, limited production, decent run stopper, below average pass rusher, good leader, injury prone...

We really don't know what Taco is. Attitude issues, flashes real ability, injury prone, Social Media headache, first rounder that was supposed to take a couple years, then ???...

I doubt Crawford makes the roster given all the depth but if he does doesn't he hurt Taco's development? With Quinn on a 1 year deal and Gregory being a question mark, isn't this the year to see what we have in Taco. Get him snaps at DE and DT and see what we have.

I vote for Taco over Crawford and it is not even a close decision. What do you all think?

For next year?
Crawford, and it's not close.

For the future?
Crawford

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I want Wise and one of the later DE to show out in camp and Crawford to get suspended so we never have to bring up his contract, skill level, production ever again.

This **** is old

Some understand the value he has brought and how good of a player he is, but the majority of posters don't to the point they think "Taco has shown burst" lmao.

Cut Dak and Lee while you're at it too