If you're in a movie theater, put away your cell phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You still can't just answer the question straight up, huh? Why am i not suprised?

Again, without dancing around the bush, who in this thread hasn't practiced common courtesy, in your opinion?

Why does it matter?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Why does it matter?

You made a statement that you thought it was "alarming" the number of people in this thread who don't practice common courtesy, did you not?

Considering i've read a good majority of this thread, i'd like to know just how many people exactly who have posted here you concluded don't practice common courtesy, based simply on what they posted.

Not that im expecting a straightforward answer from you at any point, but im interested to know since you said it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You made a statement that you thought it was "alarming" the number of people in this thread who don't practice common courtesy, did you not?

Considering i've read a good majority of this thread, i'd like to know just how many people exactly who have posted here you concluded don't practice common courtesy, based simply on what they posted.

Not that im expecting a straightforward answer from you at any point, but im interested to know since you said it.

Dude, you're a bit off centered. I have no idea who's posted and practiced common courtesy. My folks raised me to do that, so I try in everything I do. I know that using my phone to check messages during a movie is a distraction to others. I don't need the movie theater to tell me that. It's common sense so I don't do it. Your reasoning that not many people do practice common courtesy so why should you is imbecilic.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Dude, you're a bit off centered. I have no idea who's posted and practiced common courtesy. My folks raised me to do that, so I try in everything I do. I know that using my phone to check messages during a movie is a distraction to others. I don't need the movie theater to tell me that. It's common sense so I don't do it. Your reasoning that not many people do practice common courtesy so why should you is imbecilic.

Im a bit off centered? lol

Your last statement shows me everything i need to know about your comments in this thread. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think i ever said anything like that. Mabe pay more attention to what people are actually saying in the topic next time.

You said its shocking to you how many people who've posted here don't practice common courtesy, than you say now that you have no idea how many people that've posted here practice common courtesy.

Well, i agree.. you have no idea.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Im a bit off centered? lol

Your last statement shows me everything i need to know about your comments in this thread. You have no idea what you're talking about if you think i ever said anything like that. Mabe pay more attention to what people are actually saying in the topic next time.

You said its shocking to you how many people who've posted here don't practice common courtesy, than you say now that you have no idea how many people that've posted here practice common courtesy.

Well, i agree.. you have no idea.

All those who posted that they too use their cell phones at the movie theater are not being courteous to others. I thought that was a pretty clear statement. Your trying to twist my words to take the focus away from the obvious fact that your being rude if you use your cell phone during a movie.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
All those who posted that they too use their cell phones at the movie theater are not being courteous to others. I thought that was a pretty clear statement. Your trying to twist my words to take the focus away from the obvious fact that your being rude if you use your cell phone during a movie.

lol.. now the backtracking begins.

Im not twisting anything you said. Im simply quoting what you said.

First, you said you were shocked at the amount of people in this thread who were discourteous. Yet when i asked you who all you thought weren't being courteous, you couldn't give me an answer.

Next, you said that i stated that because other people might not be courteous to others, i didn't feel i had to be courteous to others.. something i clearly never said anything close to.

Now you are implying that i was one that said i, too.. use my cell phone in movie theaters.. something i also never said i did.

Basically.. like i said, you have no idea what you're talking about, or you aren't paying very close attention to anything anyone else is saying.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
It is a violation of common courtesy to check your phone in a darkened movie theater.

Some people believe that courtesy is irrelevant because their phone is more important. That's fine. It is what it is. Personally speaking, I very rarely go to movies because no one seems to know what common courtesy is and I can't get through 2 hours without being blinded by someone's phone screen every 10 minutes or by someone answering their phone and carrying on a conversation or someone constantly texting through the film or people who apparently are there to converse with each other rather than watch the movie...etc.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
It is a violation of common courtesy to check your phone in a darkened movie theater.

Some people believe that courtesy is irrelevant because their phone is more important. That's fine. It is what it is. Personally speaking, I very rarely go to movies because no one seems to know what common courtesy is and I can't get through 2 hours without being blinded by someone's phone screen every 10 minutes or by someone answering their phone and carrying on a conversation or someone constantly texting through the film or people who apparently are there to converse with each other rather than watch the movie...etc.

"Blinded by someone's phone screen.."

lol

Wheeltax

Reaction score
You're trying to minimize how annoying a phone screen is in a theater, and that's fine if it doesn't bother you - but it does bother me.

I also have an eye condition that causes contrasting light like that to spread completely across my vision, so that doesn't help. So yeah, to me: it's blinding.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
You're trying to minimize how annoying a phone screen is in a theater, and that's fine if it doesn't bother you - but it does bother me.

I also have an eye condition that causes contrasting light like that to spread completely across my vision, so that doesn't help. So yeah, to me: it's blinding.

If you truly have an eye condition that affects you like that, than i apoligize. For a normal person though, i think blinding would be a huge exaggeration.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
"Distracting" probably would have been a better word to use than blinding.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
"Distracting" probably would have been a better word to use than blinding.

Fair enough.. and again, i apoligize for how i worded that post, saying" a normal person". What i meant was a person with average vision and no eye issues. Sorry about that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Seems like the thread has deteriorated to ad hominem attacks and it's run its life over 14 pages. So we'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.