If you're not watching Texas/Michigan

jimmy40

Reaction score
you're cheating yourself. Michael Vick don't have **** on Vince Young as far as running ability and Braylon Edwards is having a big day for Michigan although it helps that Texas isn't covering him half the time. If you want to draft Rod Wright you won't after seeing his pathetic effort today. The man can't get off the line of scrimmage.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Michael Vick's left shoe >>> Vince Young :rolleyes:

Mike Vick runs a 4.21 40

Vince Young runs a 4.32 40

Mike Vick also has a MUCH better arm than VY. So, Vick is faster, more elusive and has a better arm. How is VY better in ANY aspect of their games? The only reason Radio gets so many rushing yards is because he cant throw.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Mike Vick runs a 4.21 40

Mike Vick also has a MUCH better arm than VY. So, Vick is faster, more elusive and has a better arm. How is VY better in ANY aspect of their games? The only reason Radio gets so many rushing yards is because he cant throw.
Ya right. Young is finally getting it. He is way more leusive and stronger than vick, but he isn't in vick's league anyway though...

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Mike Vick runs a 4.21 40

How'd A&M do today? Mike Vick doesn't run a 4.21 :rolleyes:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While he is having a career day today, some of that stuff he is doing won't fly in the NFL. I was just remembering what Vick did his last year at V-Tech and no way Young is playing better than that.

jimmy40

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
While he is having a career day today, some of that stuff he is doing won't fly in the NFL. I was just remembering what Vick did his last year at V-Tech and no way Young is playing better than that.
Yes he is

jimmy40

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
That's the same thing almost everyone said about Vick.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
you're cheating yourself. Michael Vick don't have sh!t on Vince Young as far as running ability and Braylon Edwards is having a big day for Michigan although it helps that Texas isn't covering him half the time. If you want to draft Rod Wright you won't after seeing his pathetic effort today. The man can't get off the line of scrimmage.
I've always wondered what the big deal was about Rod Wright... He seemed to be always so high in all the mock drafts, but everytime I've seen TX play this year... the talk was always, always about DJ... I've never heard them ever mention Wright except today in the pre-game introductions. I haven't heard his name since.

The same can be said about Ced Benson... He's about as overrated a back since his hero Ricky Williams. I don't see his draft stock doing anything but migrating south. DJ has had a long day because they are making him guess where plays are going, or taking linemen to him during running plays. He would however be one helluva speed rusher from the outside... like Chris Slade and McGinest were during Parcell's days with NE around 95 - 97.

jimmy40

Reaction score
aardvark said:
I've always wondered what the big deal was about Rod Wright... He seemed to be always so high in all the mock drafts, but everytime I've seen TX play this year... the talk was always, always about DJ... I've never heard them ever mention Wright except today in the pre-game introductions. I haven't heard his name since.

The same can be said about Ced Benson... He's about as overrated a back since his hero Ricky Williams. I don't see his draft stock doing anything but migrating south. DJ has had a long day because they are making him guess where plays are going, or taking linemen to him during running plays. He would however be one helluva speed rusher from the outside... like Chris Slade and McGinest were during Parcell's days with NE around 95 - 97.
Ced Benson has gained 1700 yds on his own. No help from a passing game at all. No way he's overated.

zagnut

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
you're cheating yourself. Michael Vick don't have sh!t on Vince Young as far as running ability and Braylon Edwards is having a big day for Michigan although it helps that Texas isn't covering him half the time. If you want to draft Rod Wright you won't after seeing his pathetic effort today. The man can't get off the line of scrimmage.

I agree. Great game. Young has so much confidence in what he can do it's silly. You're mention of Rod Wright is the first time I saw his name all day. Been kind of disappointing. That said, he's been occupying a guard and center all game, which is his eventual job in the NFL.

Derrick Johnson hasn't done much either. Benson ran really well early. Then the game got away from Texas a bit and Young took over.

For Michigan, Gabe Watson has also been occupying two to three Texas blockers. Has no lateral movement ability at all, but very strong play otherwise. If he came out, he's be a great pick at the Buffalo spot.

Shazor is a beast. Haven't heard much from Marlin Jackson today. Braylon Edwards is so much better than David Terrell. In fact, Avant and Breaston are really good prospects too.

Henne is going to be a top 3 pick in a few years.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
aardvark said:

Has anyone seen or heard from DJ?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Vince Young is overrated. When he gets to the much faster NFL he wont be able to make half those runs and he will actally have to throw the ball for defenses to respect him. Thats not good for him.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
SALADIN said:
Has anyone seen or heard from DJ?
He forced a fumble, giving him the ncaa record for most FFs in a season...Best talent in the draft imo...

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Vince Young is nothing more than a glorified Running Back :banghead:
No argument here. Of course he's a glorified running back that owns a&m.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Vince Young is nothing more than a glorified Running Back :banghead:
funny, people say the same about vick...you're just jealous at what you don't posses huh HH?:wink3: