If you're not watching Texas/Michigan

jimmy40

Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Vince Young is overrated. When he gets to the much faster NFL he wont be able to make half those runs and he will actally have to throw the ball for defenses to respect him. Thats not good for him.
Vince Young's running ability is underated, well not after today and EVERYBODY knows he's a ****** at throwing the ball. So how is he overated? He also has the worst group of receivers in the country, not that he could actually get them the ball.
Nobody thought Vick would be able to run on NFL defenses either.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:
funny, people say the same about vick...you're just jealous at what you don't posses huh HH?:wink3:

Not by a longshot, I have Reggie McNeal and, while he had a bad game today, had a FAR better year and career so far than VY. Plus, Reggie can actually throw the ball and do it well. He is a glorified RB with an arm. ;) McNeal next year, with an improved O-Line and one of the best RB recruits in the state, he will only get better.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Theres a reason they call him Radio people, because he telegraphs his passes for all to see and hear. The INT he threw was just awful, the defender was right in front of him.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Not by a longshot, I have Reggie McNeal and, while he had a bad game today, had a FAR better year and career so far than VY. Plus, Reggie can actually throw the ball and do it well. He is a glorified RB with an arm. ;) McNeal next year, with an improved O-Line and one of the best RB recruits in the state, he will only get better.
Wow, I can't believe it. It took an aggie at least 3 posts to say wait till next year.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Theres a reason they call him Radio people, because he telegraphs his passes for all to see and hear. The INT he threw was just awful, the defender was right in front of him.
The best a&m looked all year was when McNeal was out against OU. Lol.

PlayMaker88

Reaction score
What is Young? A soph? jr? He looks pretty dag gum good passing and running to me!! Very Mike Vick like. This guy don't run, HE GLIDES!!

jimmy40

Reaction score
PlayMaker88 said:
What is Young? A soph? jr? He looks pretty dag gum good passing and running to me!! Very Mike Vick like. This guy don't run, HE GLIDES!!
Soph.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Did you see OSU game? TT game? **** up with that mess :rolleyes:
a&m lost to Baylor. You have anything else to say? :D

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
a&m lost to Baylor. You have anything else to say? :D

We also went from 4-8 to 7-5 in one year and have the #3 recruiting calss in the country this year. We are improving. Next year looks like 8-3 or so, but 2006 is the year it looks like it will all come together.

jimmy40

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
you're cheating yourself. Michael Vick don't have sh!t on Vince Young as far as running ability and Braylon Edwards is having a big day for Michigan although it helps that Texas isn't covering him half the time. If you want to draft Rod Wright you won't after seeing his pathetic effort today. The man can't get off the line of scrimmage.
Congrats to Michigan for a hell of a game. Too bad anybody had to lose.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Michael Vick's left shoe >>> Vince Young :rolleyes:

Mike Vick runs a 4.21 40

Vince Young runs a 4.32 40

Mike Vick also has a MUCH better arm than VY. So, Vick is faster, more elusive and has a better arm. How is VY better in ANY aspect of their games? The only reason Radio gets so many rushing yards is because he cant throw.

Young threw for 180 yards today, 16/28 passing. The guy does have a real strong arm, not mike vick strong though. And his passing game is quite raw, but he CAN throw the football, make no mistake.

jimmy40

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
We also went from 4-8 to 7-5 in one year and have the #3 recruiting calss in the country this year. We are improving. Next year looks like 8-3 or so, but 2006 is the year it looks like it will all come together.
Who's the running back your talking about? I haven't heard any aggies around town talking about recruits.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Who's the running back your talking about? I haven't heard any aggies around town talking about recruits.

Javorski Lane, a 6'1'', 240 pound beast of a RB who runs a 4.5 40.

scottsp

Reaction score
I don't give a damn how Vince compares to Vick, but the fact is he put on a helluva show today. That was one of the more memorable bowl performances I've seen in a long time.

The kid won't be playing QB at the NFL level, I don't think. Doesn't diminish from the fact he's an oustanding talent who will prolly play at the next level in some capacity - perhaps at WR.

Very very impressive today.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Vick does not run a 4.21. Young is a Soph. It's too early to say how much his passing skills will or will not improve. He has a stronger arm then Vick does. He can throw the ball 80 yards lagitamitly. Vick is better at throwing the ball right now but not in his Soph year. Young has a long way to go but I will say that he has more natural ability then anybody I've ever seen at QB.

Aaron Rogers was great. What a middle LB and really nice speed. He has impressed me all year.

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

giggles @ how aggie fans hang their hat's on going from 4-8, to 7-5 (while getting dominated in a 2nd-teir bowl game by a 3rd-string QB), to surmising that they achieve a 3 loss season in a year yet to be played, as acceptable!

Geeeee, it's no WONDER the SECOND line of your "fight song", let alone the other 75% of it, is devoted to...--->

jimmy40

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
giggles @ how aggie fans hang their hat's on going from 4-8, to 7-5 (while getting dominated in a 2nd-teir bowl game by a 3rd-string QB), to surmising that they achieve a 3 loss season in a year yet to be played, as acceptable!

Geeeee, it's no WONDER the SECOND line of your "fight song", let alone the other 75% of it, is devoted to...--->
Roflmao. I get on my part timers that are aggie students all the time about this. Is there anything more rediculous in sports than a bunch of aggies singing about beating Texas when they're getting their ***** kicked by someone else?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
aardvark said:
The same can be said about Ced Benson... He's about as overrated a back since his hero Ricky Williams.

Man, that statement is stupid on so many levels... first, anybody who thinks that Ricky Williams is overrated as a player obviously doesn't remember that he's led the NFL in rushing in the past...

Second, Benson has 4 1000 yard rushing seasons, over 5500 yards rushing, and averaged 5.0 yards per carry... this while playing in one of the nation's toughest football conferences, against a tough schedule...

I don't see his draft stock doing anything but migrating south. DJ has had a long day because they are making him guess where plays are going, or taking linemen to him during running plays. He would however be one helluva speed rusher from the outside... like Chris Slade and McGinest were during Parcell's days with NE around 95 - 97.

Man, you really are weak at player analysis... rushing the passer is not DJ's forte, he's better in coverage... oh, they blitz him some, but that is not the strongest part of his game... IOW, he's better suited to play strong OLB, where he has responsibility for covering the TE, than weak OLB, where he'd blitz the QB more frequently...

Instead of comparing Johnson to Slade and McGinest, a more apt comparison would be to Derrick Brooks of the Bucs, perhaps Dexter Coakley in his prime (only taller)...

As a Horns fan, though, I'll agree that I don't understand what all the hype about Rodrique Wright is all about... and I'll say that although Vince Young is obviously a tremendous talent, I don't know what position he can play in the NFL... he obviously doesn't have the arm to make it as a QB, but could he make it at RB, or perhaps at WR??

jimmy40

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Man, that statement is stupid on so many levels... first, anybody who thinks that Ricky Williams is overrated as a player obviously doesn't remember that he's led the NFL in rushing in the past...

Second, Benson has 4 1000 yard rushing seasons, over 5500 yards rushing, and averaged 5.0 yards per carry... this while playing in one of the nation's toughest football conferences, against a tough schedule...

Man, you really are weak at player analysis... rushing the passer is not DJ's forte, he's better in coverage... oh, they blitz him some, but that is not the strongest part of his game... IOW, he's better suited to play strong OLB, where he has responsibility for covering the TE, than weak OLB, where he'd blitz the QB more frequently...

Instead of comparing Johnson to Slade and McGinest, a more apt comparison would be to Derrick Brooks of the Bucs, perhaps Dexter Coakley in his prime (only taller)...

As a Horns fan, though, I'll agree that I don't understand what all the hype about Rodrique Wright is all about... and I'll say that although Vince Young is obviously a tremendous talent, I don't know what position he can play in the NFL... he obviously doesn't have the arm to make it as a QB, but could he make it at RB, or perhaps at WR??
I know Rod Wright was hurt ankle/foot? earlier in the season but he said himself he was healthy before the last couple games and he hasn't done sh!t. He is getting blown off the line by one person continually. Give Vince two more years before you give up on him and hopefully Texas will find a couple receivers for him. Sweed has been a major flop coming out of Brenham and everyone else is scared to death to get hit. How many yards does Benson have after contact this year? Something like 60% of his yards are after contact. Only a complete moron or Aggie would say he's overated.