If you're not watching Texas/Michigan

jamez25

Reaction score
poooooooor aggy....lmaoooo http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v19/jamez/aggy.jpg

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
vince young is great-looking athlete. he's not a great QB and i have little faith in mack brown and his current staff being able to "coach up young" in the passing game. texas oughta hire away the texas tech coach. that guy is good. raid the raiders. cumbie is graduating and i'll bet dollars to doughnuts the next guy tech starts at QB will ALSO be a football slingin' fool. vince young is literally a bigger michael vick. if he can get the right coaching he wouldn't have to be moved to WR in the pro game. at any rate, young should immediately be in the running for the heisman next season.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Instead of comparing Johnson to Slade and McGinest, a more apt comparison would be to Derrick Brooks of the Bucs, perhaps Dexter Coakley in his prime (only taller)...

Actually DJ reminds me more of Julian Peterson. By their physical appearance and by their style of play.

joseephuss

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Man, that statement is stupid on so many levels... first, anybody who thinks that Ricky Williams is overrated as a player obviously doesn't remember that he's led the NFL in rushing in the past...

Second, Benson has 4 1000 yard rushing seasons, over 5500 yards rushing, and averaged 5.0 yards per carry... this while playing in one of the nation's toughest football conferences, against a tough schedule...

Man, you really are weak at player analysis... rushing the passer is not DJ's forte, he's better in coverage... oh, they blitz him some, but that is not the strongest part of his game... IOW, he's better suited to play strong OLB, where he has responsibility for covering the TE, than weak OLB, where he'd blitz the QB more frequently...

Instead of comparing Johnson to Slade and McGinest, a more apt comparison would be to Derrick Brooks of the Bucs, perhaps Dexter Coakley in his prime (only taller)...

As a Horns fan, though, I'll agree that I don't understand what all the hype about Rodrique Wright is all about... and I'll say that although Vince Young is obviously a tremendous talent, I don't know what position he can play in the NFL... he obviously doesn't have the arm to make it as a QB, but could he make it at RB, or perhaps at WR??

I think DJ can play SLB, but is best suited for the WLB position. He could fill in nicely for Coakley. He can do every that Dexter does and more. He can rush the passer better than Coakley and I think he has more instinct than him as well.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Rod Wright seems really overrated to me. I don't think he's ready for the NFL yet.

DJ reminds me a lot of Peterson too, and what I wouldn't give for Peterson on our team. Him or Brooks is a good start to the draft.

Vince Young was exceptional yesterday, at least running the ball. It's stupid to say he's not a good player though his ultimate position is likely as a WR. He's not Vick, but I would dare say that Vick is somewhat overrated in the NFL at this time. Good QB, but I think people give him a little too much leeway in mentioning him with the Mannings, Culpeppers and McNabbs.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Avery said:
Rod Wright seems really overrated to me. I don't think he's ready for the NFL yet.

DJ reminds me a lot of Peterson too, and what I wouldn't give for Peterson on our team. Him or Brooks is a good start to the draft.

Vince Young was exceptional yesterday, at least running the ball. It's stupid to say he's not a good player though his ultimate position is likely as a WR. He's not Vick, but I would dare say that Vick is somewhat overrated in the NFL at this time. Good QB, but I think people give him a little too much leeway in mentioning him with the Mannings, Culpeppers and McNabbs.
vince young may not have the jets of michael vick - but young is plenty quick. and i'll bet vick would kill to have young's size. young will make a fine pro whether at WR or QB.