If Zeke signs, will your opinions change?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been ready to move on, to look at trade offers involving 1st round picks, to enter the season in holdout status and see what Pollard provides first.

But now that it is looking likely....

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

Go Zeke!

Haha for real though, I'm already flip-flopping and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Long term, I'm not a big fan of the idea. It doesnt fit the modern NFL and I think we all know that. But short term, this was a roster already looking SB capable. Now we secure the contribution of a bonafide superstar and I think we look like strong contenders in 2019 and maybe even the year or two after that.

Call me "just a fan" and maybe I need to turn in my armchair GM card. But I'm keeping my armchair HC card because this talent pool is salivating when you consider the onfield possibilities.

So be honest Cowboys Zone, where are you now and where will you be week 1 if (when) Zeke takes the handoff?

You've got plenty of company! I've flipped and flopped numerous times on this one, but knew a deal would eventually get done. Both sides had to.

Now I hope it was a smartly crafted deal that doesn't hurt the team. And I hope the player is motivated like never before to justify it. Go win a championship!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He's my favorite player on this team, but I'll have to warm back up. He rubbed me the wrong way with the holdout. I'm all for players getting their money, but his situation was different

Same here.

I'll forever feel differently about Ezekiel Elliot.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
You've got plenty of company! I've flipped and flopped numerous times on this one, but knew a deal would eventually get done. Both sides had to.

Now I hope it was a smartly crafted deal that doesn't hurt the team. And I hope the player is motivated like never before to justify it. Go win a championship!
Deal doesn’t start until rookie deal is over. That’s a great compromise. By the time it starts he probably will only be top 5 of RBs paid.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Deal doesn’t start until rookie deal is over. That’s a great compromise. By the time it starts he probably will only be top 5 of RBs paid.

And I'm willing to bet that those two years are a big part of the '$50 million guaranteed' being mentioned. Between the signing bonus, those two years, and a third years' salary, they will add up to your $50 million, or very close to it. From then on, it's team options to keep him or not.

nobody

Reaction score
And I'm willing to bet that those two years are a big part of the '$50 million guaranteed' being mentioned. Between the signing bonus, those two years, and a third years' salary, they will add up to your $50 million, or very close to it. From then on, it's team options to keep him or not.

Let's hope he doesn't get injured during the rookie deal and ruined, or get a lifetime ban from the league for his idiocy...50 million for nothing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's hope he doesn't get injured during the rookie deal and ruined, or get a lifetime ban from the league for his idiocy...50 million for nothing.

Don't worry, I'm certain that there are protections in place for things like that.

aria

Reaction score
Dak won't have to hold out. Cooper might
Ranch, this whole Zeke saga has really opened my eyes. I want them ALL to hold out! Even the mediocre guys should hold out, teams need them too. I’m now in favor of every player not showing up for work until they get the money they deserve for their services. Hopefully Jones sits, LVE, Cooper, Dak, etc. Pay them ALL!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ranch, this whole Zeke saga has really opened my eyes. I want them ALL to hold out! Even the mediocre guys should hold out, teams need them too. I’m now in favor of every player not showing up for work until they get the money they deserve for their services. Hopefully Jones sits, LVE, Cooper, Dak, etc. Pay them ALL!
Mediocre players come a dime a dozen. Zeke type talents don't grow on trees. I know you're messing around, but unfortunately, that's the business of pro sports.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Mediocre teams come a dime a dozen. Zeke type talents don't grow on trees. I know you're messing around, but unfortunately, that's the business of pro sports.
I’m not messing around about paying RB’s that much money, especially ones with “character” issues. I would have rather seen Jerry beefing up the defense with that money but it’s not as this was a surprise so it’s time to move on.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I've been ready to move on, to look at trade offers involving 1st round picks, to enter the season in holdout status and see what Pollard provides first.

Go Zeke!

Haha for real though, I'm already flip-flopping and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Long term, I'm not a big fan of the idea. It doesnt fit the modern NFL and I think we all know that. But short term, this was a roster already looking SB capable. Now we secure the contribution of a bonafide superstar and I think we look like strong contenders in 2019 and maybe even the year or two after that.

Call me "just a fan" and maybe I need to turn in my armchair GM card. But I'm keeping my armchair HC card because this talent pool is salivating when you consider the onfield possibilities.

So be honest Cowboys Zone, where are you now and where will you be week 1 if (when) Zeke takes the handoff?
Jerry is the Supreme Enabler. As much as I didn’t want him to cave in to #21 or his dbag agent, I knew he would. Daddy Warbucks wants be loved and taken advantage of.

Cmac

Reaction score
I agree when you've been in the news for the wrong reasons[/QUOTE

Numbers don't lie.....that's all I can write. The 90's teams must have driven you fits with their transgressions.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I was in the really, REALLY disappointed crowd. Alot of is supported this kid thru all his indiscretions, but this was my last amount of sticking with him. Holding out like he did IMHO showed a total lack of giving a crap about anyone other then himself. Am I glad he got paid, meh doesn't change my life 1 bit, but one has to ask, even tho he stated ALL his mates texting, calling with support, does it change the locker room opinions regarding zeke, his take care of me and screw all the test of you attitude?...guess time will tell

Dre11

Reaction score

Social media wasn't as prevalent then. As much as there was things going on those players didn't pull a stunt like Zeke after showing their a**

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I was in the really, REALLY disappointed crowd. Alot of is supported this kid thru all his indiscretions, but this was my last amount of sticking with him. Holding out like he did IMHO showed a total lack of giving a crap about anyone other then himself. Am I glad he got paid, meh doesn't change my life 1 bit, but one has to ask, even tho he stated ALL his mates texting, calling with support, does it change the locker room opinions regarding zeke, his take care of me and screw all the test of you attitude?

Players don't look at contracts that way. They're glad he's back because he's one of them and he can help them win. Fans are the only ones stewing about it.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Players don't look at contracts that way. They're glad he's back because he's one of them and he can help them win. Fans are the only ones stewing about it.
I doubt you know that as fact, I'd be willing to bet, I am closer to the truth about the other players looking at him if not a lot, at least a bit different. It's how people are built, I've lived to long and seen it to many times, where a person gets a promotion over another, or others, and tho they all say the usual congrats over it, inside most are stewing over why him/her would be placed over them for the role or promotion... think about it. And I'll add, what happens IF Zeke comes out flat, fumbles the ball away, drops a sure TD pass etc... you think for a minute none of the other players won't look at it and go, yeah, he deserved all those millions....

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Go Zeke!

My feelings have not changed. I have not gotten caught up in the drama. I have watched this game for a long time, this is not the 1st hold out or contract dispute I have witnessed and will not be the last. With todays 24/7 news and talking heads both in the sports media and social media people get caught up in the drama. I fully expected Dallas and Zeke to come to an agreement and they did. Now I have said I would have rather seen it done next year as opposed to doing it this season but it is done and over with. I have no ill feelings towards Zeke or with the team