ILBs

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2415342 said:
:confused:

Did Rivers go like 8th overall last year

Junior Seau wasa M.L.B. and top 5 pick, no?
I think he means in general though, obviously those 2 are studs, but I think he thinks it's like Guard, and Safety, and I.L.B. are positions that tend to slide in most drafts since their impact isn't as big as other positions such as it's a lot more important to draft a Tackle to protect your Q.B. then it is to grab a guard, which is why you see L.T.'s going #1 overall in the draft and top guards slide to late 20's and the top Centers slide to end of 1st -to mid 2nd round cause the impact they have is a lot less and thus they slide more, like how a top C.B. is a lot more valuable to a team then a Safety would be, etc., etc., thus why you see certain positions drafted early and some stud players at other positions drafted later on.

I tend to agree, but with Thomas and James being our starters in 2009 for our superbowl run, I'd rather use our picks on getting some D-line man in front of them to keep the blokcers off of them, and use our top pick in 2010 to grab a stud I.L.B. to plug in next to Ware.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2415342 said:
:confused:

Did Rivers go like 8th overall last year

I'll exclude college DEs who convert to OLB in my numbers

Top LB drafted 9th overall
Top MLB drafted 10th overall
2 LBers drafted in round 1
1 MLBer drafted in round 1

Top LB drafted 11th overall
Top MLB drafted 11th overal
3 LBers drafted in round 1
3 MLBers drafted in round 1

Top LB drafted 5th overall
Top MLB drafted 33rd overall (didn't count Bobby Carpenter because he didn't play MLB as a rookie).
4 LBers drafted in round 1
0 MLBers drafted in round 1

Top LBer drafted 15th overall
Top MLB drafted 36th overall
1 LBer drafted in round 1

Top LBer drafted 12th overall
Top MLBer drafted 12 overall
2 Lbers drafted in round 1
1 MLBers drafted in round 1

Over the last 5 years, 12 LBers have gone in round 1 and 5 of those have been MLBers (6 if you count Bobby Carpenter, but I did count Lawrence Timmons)

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2415511 said:
Since you think L.B. would make an immediate impact, why not wait till 2010 draft like I want too?!

Haven't been impressed with either Bradie or Zach and by 2010, I wouldn't mind having both replaced. I could live with Bradie James, but how long will we really depend on ZThomas? Granted I do think all 4 of our LBers would play better with a 310+ pound NT, but I don't think either is a big time play maker. At the very least, Kevin Burnett is gone via free agency after this season and a cover LBer needs to be drafted. Wouldn't mind trading Bobby Carpenter either imo if we could get a 5th

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2415594 said:
Haven't been impressed with either Bradie or Zach

James is having his best season, and I see Zach all over the field making tackles, I think our N.T. is more of a problem by not having a big guy up front to clog up blockers.

by 2010 I wouldn't mind having both replaced. I could live with Bradie James, but how long will we really depend on ZThomas?

Thomas is our leading tackler and having a quietly good season, I see him making plays all over the field, I think w will get one more good year out of Zach, that's why I think we willw ait till the 2010 draft to address the I.L.B.'s on this team.

Granted I do think all 4 of our LBers would play better with a 310+ pound NT, but I don't think either is a big time play maker. At the very least, Kevin Burnett is gone via free agency after this season and a cover LBer needs to be drafted. Wouldn't mind trading Bobby Carpenter either imo if we could get a 5th

I don't know what you're gonna get for Carpenter, a 7th at BEST at this point IMO.
I don't mind drafting an I.L.b. late for depth, but lets wait one more year so we can draft a STUD to plug in at I.L.B. while using this years draft on other more important immediate needs positions.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2415588 said:
I'll exclude college DEs who convert to OLB in my numbers

Top LB drafted 9th overall
Top MLB drafted 10th overall
2 LBers drafted in round 1
1 MLBer drafted in round 1

Top LB drafted 11th overall
Top MLB drafted 11th overal
3 LBers drafted in round 1
3 MLBers drafted in round 1

Top LB drafted 5th overall
Top MLB drafted 33rd overall (didn't count Bobby Carpenter because he didn't play MLB as a rookie).
4 LBers drafted in round 1

Top LBer drafted 15th overall
Top MLB drafted 36th overall
1 LBer drafted in round 1

Top LBer drafted 12th overall
Top MLBer drafted 12 overall
2 Lbers drafted in round 1
1 MLBers drafted in round 1

Over the last 5 years, 12 LBers have gone in round 1 and 5 of those have been MLBers (6 if you count Bobby Carpenter, but I did count Lawrence Timmons)

AJ hawk wasn't a MLB ?